Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

You also have to remember that you taking the vaccine protects others too not just yourself. If you are vaccinated you won't pass it on. That is the main reason we all need to vaccinated.

Have to look out for number 1 too though. I will get vaccinated, just not as soon as it’s available. I’ll let others go first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

is_that_so wrote: »
    If a vaccine stops you getting it, how can you pass on something you don't have?

A virus doesn't die the minute it hits your skin etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A virus doesn't die the minute it hits your skin etc.
    Sure, but you also don't know that it can do anything to anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Didn't see many masks at all. Only mostly on the oul lads

And we must've been watching a different video if you saw a metre between most! ;-)

You can clearly see a gap between families.
    https://twitter.com/bewarmers/status/1285554524296556544?s=21
    One metre is more than enough outside, I’m really not sure why people keep making a big deal about this sort of stuff, same with the protests and feck all happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

People standing outside pubs with no masks == bad

People standing on the road shouting and singing because somebody had died == ah sure, didn't we all think he was great... Let them at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Twitter, people out celebrating Jack Charlton.

From a COVID point of view, thats not great.
    From a human point of view, that’s one hell of a send off!

One metre is more than enough outside, I’m really not sure why people keep making a big deal about this sort of stuff, same with the protests and feck all happened.

Ah stop will ya! It’s not one metre there, look at the joe.ie video.
    There’s people shouting and singing which spreads COVID more efficiently.
    As I said it’s not great from a containing the virus point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

tom1ie wrote: »

They're out in the fresh air and sunshine. Some people would only be happy if they were cheering from under the stairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That’s not true. If I have genital warts and die of a heart attack, it wasn’t the genital warts that killed me.
    That's not really the same thing though.

If I get beaten up on the street and on the way to the hospital go into cardiac arrest, then we would say it was the beating that killed me, not the cardiac arrest. Of course it cannot be said for definite that being beaten up caused it. Maybe my heart was already fncked. But the beating would certainly speed it along.

This is functionally the same with covid. We know it's a pretty serious and debilitating illness even when it doesn't kill you. So if someone dies while testing positive for covid, no we cannot say for certain that covid killed them, but we can be reasonably sure that it wasn't just sitting there passively and just happened to be present in their system at the time of death. At the very least it weakened them to the point that their other underlying illnesses overwhelmed their system.

In other words, we can say with reasonable certainty that they wouldn't have died right now, if they didn't have covid. Just like I wouldn't have died in the ambulance if I hadn't been beaten up. Maybe my heart would have given up next week anyway, but that's not really the point.

People will literally find anything to complain about, I see no issue with people being outside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

All fecked now anyway after that...........

A legend of man, let them off. No need for doom when a legend of Irish football is laid to rest. Be positive remember those days when the country was hopping!!

polesheep wrote: »
    They're out in the fresh air and sunshine. Some people would only be happy if they were cheering from under the stairs.

With no SD and no masks?:confused:
    You do realise that SD is what’s needed right?

With no SD and no masks?:confused:
    You do realise that SD is what’s needed right?

Have you got good quality curtains?
    The amount of twitching must be wearing them down

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Guys which multivitamins you take? I like the orange effervescent one :D

But it's only water soluble vitamins. So no D there.

People will literally find anything to complain about, I see no issue with people being outside

There is very little SD and very little mask wearing and your happy with that?
    Thought you were reasonable and objective but I was wrong.

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Have you got good quality curtains?
    The amount of twitching must be wearing them down

Stupid comment.
    You must really want another lockdown.

What was your view on the dame lane incident?

My issue with this is, you had the likes of RTE and media personalities coming out shaking their heads at the dame lane video... But 100% this will be a light hearted "aren't we a great bunch of lads" on the news later.

It is strange how selective people can be with these situations. Not all crowds are equal I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

That videographer is the bouncing ball there :pac:

There is very little SD and very little mask wearing and your happy with that?
    Thought you were reasonable and objective but I was wrong.

No I see zero issue with that just like I saw zero issue with the protests and look what happened with those - absolutely nothing

Stupid comment.

Na I don’t but I think people need to see stuff like that to be honest. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun, no doubt they’ve all dispersed now anyway.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »

My issue with this is, you had the likes of RTE and media personalities coming out shaking their heads at the dame lane video... But 100% this will be a light hearted "aren't we a great bunch of lads" on the news later.

It is strange how selective people can be with these situations. Not all crowds are equal I guess.

Exactly. Certain posters have shown themselves to have double standards in this regard.

Stupid comment.
    Because of a bunch of people standing on a roundabout for a bit on a (rare) sunny July day?

Dame Lane was a public order incident involving drunks, you can’t really compare them to an event marking the death of a man. Have a bit of decency like the man was a legend, he deserves even more than what is happening.

Because of a bunch of people standing on a roundabout for a bit on a (rare) sunny July day?

People being outside is illegal now apparently

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Na I don’t but I think people need to see stuff like that to be honest. Nothing wrong with a bit of fun, no doubt they’ve all dispersed now anyway.

Fun that can lead to spreading of the virus which has knock on effects to society.
    Yeah great all laugh.
    Jack of course deserves a great send off, but put SD measures and mask wearing in place. That was a crowd spurred on by RTÉ, with guards in attendance!
    How the hell do you get anyone to SD or wear masks now, when they look at that!

Who said that? You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Renjit wrote: »

Take a good multi vitamin like Centrum

Then top it up with extra Vitamin D and C. Different people need/take different levels of both

Don't forget oranges for Vitamin C, try to eat at least one daily

You're supposed to add Zinc too in these Covid times but there's already Zinc in the Centrum and I think the above is more than enough when combined with strong hand hygiene, masks, social distancing and common sense

Who said that? You?

You’d wanna take a break or something you’re getting riled up over nothing. Not good for the head.

Could this potentially lead to a cluster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Renjit wrote: »

Vit C & Zinc. It's really the only one I'm worried that I don't get enough of from my diet.

Going for the chewable and effervescent ones is a mug's game. They're literally ten times more expensive than just getting the tablets and popping them with a cuppa or a glass of water. A 90 pack from Tesco is €2.50, versus €12.50 for 30 of the fizzy tablets. That means for the amount you spend on Berocca in a month, you can get 15 months worth of reguar tablets.

Can you post evidence of clusters linked to outside gatherings in ireland?

Dame Lane was a public order incident involving drunks, you can’t really compare them to an event marking the death of a man. Have a bit of decency like the man was a legend, he deserves even more than what is happening.

Ah, you have lost me now. Both situations are the same from a public health point of view... You cannot condemn one and let the other off. IMO.

Yeah, some are very disappointed it's not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Potentially, yes.

Realistically, no.

You’d wanna take a break or something you’re getting riled up over nothing. Not good for the head.

No I’m fine thanks.
    I just find your outlook on this hard to believe to be honest.
    Are you going to answer my question now?

• Advertisement

Ah, you have lost me now. Both situations are the same from a public health point of view... You cannot condemn one and let the other off. IMO.

You can’t compare two incidents when one involved alcohol in an enclosed outside space and one involves the death of a man by a roundabout, seriously like

No I’m fine thanks.
    I just find your outlook on this hard to believe to be honest.
    Are you going to answer my question now?

Answer what? You’re mumbling mad

Can you post evidence of clusters linked to outside gatherings in ireland?

In Ireland no because numbers were low, we are seeing higher numbers particularly in Dublin, so there is potential.
    You only have to look at Florida or Texas etc to see this.

In Ireland no because numbers were low, we are seeing higher numbers particularly in Dublin, so there is potential.

Until we see one in Ireland I don’t really care about orange-man land to be honest

Answer what? You’re mumbling mad

No need for personal attacks. I asked you who said outside gathering were illegal.
    The only person I’ve seen mention it is you.
    Would you like to answer now?

• Advertisement

Until we see one in Ireland I don’t really care about orange-man land to be honest

Jesus.
    You really need a break from this thread. Your burnt out at this stage.

No need for personal attacks. I asked you who said outside gathering were illegal.
    The only person I’ve seen mention it is you.
    Would you like to answer now?

You’re throwing a hissy over people gathering at a roundabout, is it illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

You'll just have to accept that other people are not as frightened as you are and are prepared to take reasonable risks in order to get on with their lives.

You can’t compare two incidents when one involved alcohol in an enclosed outside space and one involves the death of a man by a roundabout, seriously like

You do realise both examples you have mentioned raise the risk of spreading potential.
    Has your account been hacked by any chance :D

You'll just have to accept that other people are not as frightened as you are and are prepared to take reasonable risks in order to get on with their lives.

Lol! No ones frightened I’m pointing out the obvious risk here.

You’re throwing a hissy over people gathering at a roundabout, is it illegal?

Ignore him, it seems like he's trying to draw you out for a banning.

Ignore him, it seems like he's trying to draw you out for a banning.

Thank god for the ignore button, I’m not going to lose my head over people gathering to celebrate a persons life at a roundabout.

Lol! No ones frightened I’m pointing out the obvious risk here.

There is no obvious risk.

Both incidents have a couple of hundred people closely standing together outside.

I hate people using phrases like "the virus does not discriminate". But... I didn't realise transmission is not possible when it is a crowd for somebodies death. They shouldn't have bothered banning gatherings at graveyards.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement