Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Comments

Gael23 wrote: »

Do you think they are NPHET or Mossad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's hardly a state secret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

They're closing all over the country until they're needed (hopefully they wont be) again. No point in them being open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sorry if asked already but is the building site cluster from Dublin expected to be counted among today’s figures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

My son came home from his job in retail today with a raging temperature and aches all over. He's barely able to walk! We live in South Dublin. He's due to be tested tomorrow. In Wicklow! A good 45 minutes drive away! Should he drive himself while in no fit state to drive? Get a taxi? A bus? Any ideas?

Sorry if asked already but is the building site cluster from Dublin expected to be counted among today’s figures?
    They were included last week, Dublin was +25 on friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Random sample

My son came home from his job in retail today with a raging temperature and aches all over. He's barely able to walk! We live in South Dublin. He's due to be tested tomorrow. In Wicklow! A good 45 minutes drive away! Should he drive himself while in no fit state to drive? Get a taxi? A bus? Any ideas?
    Is there someone else in the household could drive him? It doesn’t sound like he should be driving anywhere.

An Irish person has died after contracting the virus abroad and returning home. Just the sixth of such deaths to happen.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/person-dies-ireland-after-contracting-22392687

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Is there someone else in the household could drive him? It doesn’t sound like he should be driving anywhere.

In cork, they either swab at home or civil defence bring you there. He should've said to the covid call centre who rang him that had no transport. Definitely dont get a taxi

An Irish person has died after contracting the virus abroad and returning home. Just the sixth of such deaths to happen.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/person-dies-ireland-after-contracting-22392687

And giving zero information about it - wonder were they from the US...

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    And giving zero information about it - wonder were they from the US...
    The HPSC doesn't give any country data RE travel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

seefin wrote: »
    In cork, they either swab at home or civil defence bring you there. He should've said to the covid call centre who rang him that had no transport. Definitely dont get a taxi

You'd think there would have to be a way for someone who doesn't drive or is too sick to drive as public transport or taxi could risk spreading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Ciara Kelly with a bit of sense on the radio today.

https://www.facebook.com/70425092906/posts/10160181831422907/?vh=e&d=n

Ciara Kelly with a bit of sense on the radio today.

https://www.facebook.com/70425092906/posts/10160181831422907/?vh=e&d=n

Hindsight is a great thing. Sounds like she's auditioning for Ivan Yates job.

The HPSC doesn't give any country data RE travel

Uh? They've been giving data about where cases were imported from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

The doom gloomers have to get the boot in after yesterdays good news,

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53488142
    They just can't stand it ...
    "Look at how much trouble they've had in eliminating, for example, polio, that eradication programme has been going on for 15 years and they're still not there.

Good point actually, all those holidays and concerts I missed cos of bloody blasted Polio !!!

The UK will be living with coronavirus for many years to come and even a vaccine is unlikely to eliminate it for good, experts are warning.

Wellcome Trust director Prof Sir Jeremy Farrar told the House of Commons' Health Committee "things will not be done by Christmas".

He went on to say humanity would be living with the virus for "decades".

It comes after the prime minister said last week he hoped for a return to normality by Christmas.

Boris Johnson made the comments as he set out plans to further ease restrictions, including the opening of leisure centres and indoor swimming pools later this month and the prospect of mass gatherings being allowed from the autumn.

But experts giving evidence to the cross-party group of MPs said it was important to be realistic that the virus would still be here.

Sir Jeremy, a member of Sage, the government advisory body, said the world would be living with Covid-19 for "very many, many years to come".

as he wrapped the sandpaper around his prick and furiously wanked in front of the press ....

fritzelly wrote: »
    Uh? They've been giving data about where cases were imported from
    They didn't give numbers nor specifics, and there was a 2 week delay. We're not going to find out where this person who died caught it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Not sure if it’s been posted. Looks like airborne is a thing after all.

https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1285465200502755328?s=21

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I’m surprised Italy maybe on the list.

Why ?

The virus is almost eliminated in Italy, they've done a great job ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

TomSweeney wrote: »
    as he wrapped the sandpaper around his prick and furiously wanked in front of the press ....

:rolleyes: This line of thinking is so utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Your tinfoil hat is on a bit too tight.

My point is why is he saying "many many many many years" jesus, it's like he's enjoying it - just say "many years" or "years" and the polio comparison is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I must be missing something with the green list. The media and all the opposition parties are banging on about how confusing it is. Seems pretty clear cut to me - You shouldn't travel abroad anywhere, unless it's essential. But you will not have to isolate if you travel to countries currently on the green list, but that doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't travel abroad except for essential reasons, regardless of where you go. Is there another level of complexity that I'm not aware of.

The most confusing thing about it seems to be people talking about how confusing it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

It was funny though!:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Arghus wrote: »
    I must be missing something with the green list. The media and all the opposition parties are banging on about how confusing it is. Seems pretty clear cut to me - You shouldn't travel abroad anywhere, unless it's essential. But you will not have to isolate if you travel to countries currently on the green list, but that doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't travel abroad except for essential reasons, regardless of where you go. Is there another level of complexity that I'm not aware of.

The most confusing thing about it seems to be people talking about how confusing it is.

I think the fear is that everyone will book a holiday to the green list countries as they're "safe".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Arghus wrote: »

Fully agree, it's completely clear. Don't travel if you don't need to. If you do need to travel, then no quarantine needed if you're coming from a green list country.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    My point is why is he saying "many many many many years" jesus, it's like he's enjoying it - just say "many years" or "years" and the polio comparison is just ridiculous.

My point is it says "Many" just twice, perhaps for cautious emphasis rather than pure enjoyment.

I don't agree with the guy on his levels of pessimism, but why is it that those who are overly-negative are assumed to enjoy it, whereas those who are overly-positive are assumed to have their head in the sand?

It's made this thread pretty frustrating with jabs from both sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Brianmwalker

Public transport ftw

Who was that TD on Newstalk earlier wanting mandatory quarantine in hotels for all arrivals into the country? It was crazy talk at this time.....she’s maybe 3 months too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Who was that TD on Newstalk earlier wanting mandatory quarantine in hotels for all arrivals into the country? It was crazy talk at this time.....she’s maybe 3 months too late

On Yates? Rosin Shortall I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

36 new cases

36 cases, no deaths

Yes, that’s her. Crazy talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

It was.

She was trying to point out that it was with the intention of reducing non-essential travel and to allow us to open up our economy quicker. Ivan, naturally, wouldn't let her finish and kept misrepresenting her points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

More mud slinging by HIQA, but not really unexpected data at all.
    Half of nursing homes inspected by the Health Information and Quality Authority after Covid-19 outbreaks were not following proper infection prevention and control measures.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0721/1154643-hiqa-nursing-homes/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Birdy

Zara is absolutely buzzing. Positively beaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

0 deaths, 36 cases

The backlogging is getting a bit ridiculous now

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭alentejo

36 - is this the Townsend street cluster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

wadacrack wrote: »
    36 new cases

Such a disappointing rise. I was hoping the rise over the past week or two with some daily cases in the 30s, was going to be a once off. The worry remains when numbers increase more and more like into the 40s and 50s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The backlogging is getting a bit ridiculous now
    Is that what we are seeing? Is there any order to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

R number of 6, we're all doomed!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Patd6

xabi wrote: »
    0 deaths, 36 cases
    Feck it, 36 not good, not good at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Public transport ftw

I am very bold for laughing at that.

Analysis of cases as of midnight Sunday 19th July - 25,766 cases (+6)

Healthcare Workers +6
    Clusters No Change
    Cases associated with clusters +31

Age Range Affected
    0-4 No Change
    5-14 +1
    15-24 No Change
    25-34 No Change
    35-44 +2
    45-54 +2
    55-64 +1
    65-74 No Change
    75-84 No Change
    85+ No Change

Cases by County
    Dublin +5
    Kildare +1
    Laois +1

is_that_so wrote: »
    Is that what we are seeing? Is there any order to it?
    There was 14 positive tests last 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Is it still being aired on tv. The daily press briefings ??

adam88 wrote: »
    Is it still being aired on tv. The daily press briefings ??

Twice weekly now Mondays and Thursdays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Birdy wrote: »
    Zara is absolutely buzzing. Positively beaming.

She's ridiculous. Yesterday you could see her disappointment as she read out 6 cases.

Seven day average stays at 20 cases per day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

(36 + 6) / 2 = 21.

Wad expecting in the 30's tbh. Keeps us in trend with recent figures due to yesterday's 6.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement