Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

1192193194195196198»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Grand.

Now give me the % of those who knew they had underlying conditions before getting diagnosed with Covid19.

The median age of all covid deaths is 83. I think age is the biggest underlying condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Boggles wrote: »
    I pay to get vaccinated every year lad.

I do it for others not myself.

I imagine you may grapple internally with that concept.

Not at all “lad”. So do i, bloods done and all. If vaccine comes i’ll be having it. So what’s your point?

US2 wrote: »
    The median age of all covid deaths is 83. I think age is the biggest underlying condition.

Circular arguments continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭gipi

I didn't get Covid but i have been fatigued all summer due to increased hayfever symptons and being more sedate due to being stuck at home all day.

You're not the only one, me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Grand.

Now give me the % of those who knew they had underlying conditions before getting diagnosed with Covid19.

It is just a figure that the CMO gave out on Monday.

I am not looking for a back on forth on stats from the CMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Would anyone have a link where I can see the cases per 100.000 in all countries ? I was specifically looking for Canadas numbers put cant seem to find anything
    Thank you in advance if anyone has a better idea than I .

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Have Cases per 1M. Just divide that number by 10

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Have Cases per 1M. Just divide that number by 10

Thank you
    Ps , by my reckoning Canada have less cases per million than we do and they are not on the green list .? Are only European countries on the green list ?

I assume so as NZ would also be on the green list

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thank you
    Ps , by my reckoning Canada have less cases per million than we do and they are not on the green list .? Are only European countries on the green list ?

The 14 day cumulative cases per 100,000, which the ECDC use, is about 14 in Canada and less than 5 here. It does appear only countries in the EEA are included however

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

The 14 day cumulative cases per 100,000, which the ECDC use, is about 14 in Canada and less than 5 here. It does appear only countries in the EEA are included however

eh both countries kinda taking a different approach and don't want you even if they were on a "green list"
    • mandatory 14 day quarantine.
    • Suspended tourism.
    • no foreign nationals allowed to enter.
    The Government of Canada’s top priority is the health and safety of Canadians. To limit the introduction and spread of COVID-19 in the country, Canada has taken unprecedented action, including restrictions on non-essential travel.

Today, the Government of Canada extended the Emergency Order requirements related to mandatory isolation and quarantine until August 31, 2020, for travellers entering Canada. Anyone entering Canada—whether by air, land or sea—will continue to be required to isolate for 14 days if they have COVID-19, or have reasonable grounds to suspect that they have signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or quarantine for 14 days if they do not have signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The Order also clarifies when travellers are required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering. This includes a new requirement for individuals who are otherwise exempt from quarantine to wear a non-medical mask or face covering when in public settings if physical distancing cannot be maintained.

Border measures prohibiting foreign nationals from entering Canada from any country other than the United States subject to certain limited exceptions—which are generally not applicable for optional or discretionary purposes, such as tourism, recreation and entertainment—have also been extended until July 31, 2020.

Border measures restricting all non-essential travel, including tourism and recreation, across the Canada-US border remain in effect until July 21, 2020.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2020/06/canada-extends-mandatory-requirements-under-the-quarantine-act-for-anyone-entering-canada.html

eh both countries kinda taking a different approach and don't want you even if they were on a "green list"
    • mandatory 14 day quarantine.
    • Suspended tourism.
    • no foreign nationals allowed to enter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2020/06/canada-extends-mandatory-requirements-under-the-quarantine-act-for-anyone-entering-canada.html

I was asking really about Canadians entry to Ireland . The other way around is completely ruled out .

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Glenomra

I am constantly fascinated at how the media continue to generate alarmist articles on the virus, particularly CCcN, the guardian etc. I note one of the guardian's main articles today is on how 'coronavirus virus takes its toll on Brazilian grave diggers'. They dug deep for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,676 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Be interesting to see the county data tonight from yesterday's figures. I'm thinking Dublin may have a big increase depending on whether or not the Townsend cluster was included in Friday's figure or not.

Boggles wrote: »
    Good for you.

But understandably I'm not going to take the word of some random online stranger over a bonafide study of medical health professionals when it comes to determining if Covid 19 causes a second long term wave of illness.

you mean these type Bonefide and eminent types??
    the one thing we can all agree on is that the Professionals never differed so much!

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/04/lancet-retracts-major-covid-19-paper-that-raised-safety-concerns-about-malaria-drugs/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I assume so as NZ would also be on the green list

Irish people cannot travel to NZ, as the country has effectively closed its borders to everyone.

I'm assuming the green list fully takes into account places Irish people can travel without any restrictions at the other end, which is why it is all European countries.

LATEST TESTING DATA

Tests conducted last 24 hours: 4599
    Tests conducted last 7 days: 51342
    Positive tests last 24 hours: 18
    Positivity rate last 7 days: 0.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

LATEST TESTING DATA

Where can I get that info sorry if you posted before and testing very low

• Advertisement

catrat12 wrote: »
    Where can I get that info sorry if you posted before and testing very low
    Ireland's COVID19 Data Hub
    Tuesday and Wednesday are lowest testing days.

LATEST TESTING DATA

Ok so 18 yesterday and 14 the day before and no tests that i can see in a backlog i am expecting 15 new cases today

Ok so 18 yesterday and 14 the day before and no tests that i can see in a backlog i am expecting 15 new cases today
    I'm expecting less than 18 indeed. The testing and positive cases actually lined up perfectly including yesterday. 58 positive tests over the 72hrs and 52 cases reported.

I'm expecting less than 18 indeed. The testing and positive cases actually lined up perfectly including yesterday. 58 positive tests over the 72hrs and 52 cases reported.

You are very well versed on the testing data ACE. Do we know that a positive test definitely relates to a positive case? Some people are getting tested more than once and may represent more than one positive test. These double tests and the validation of this may explain some of the daily inconsistencies.

You are very well versed on the testing data ACE. Do we know that a positive test definitely relates to a positive case? Some people are getting tested more than once and may represent more than one positive test. These double tests and the validation of this may explain some of the daily inconsistencies.
    You are correct yes. However, the positive test number should be greater than confirmed cases based on that thinking. My point over the last few days is the opposite is true. More confirmed cases than positive tests.

You are correct yes. However, the positive test number should be greater than confirmed cases based on that thinking. My point over the last few days is the opposite is true. More confirmed cases than positive tests.

Did we not have 58 positives and 52 cases over 72 hours?

• Advertisement

The discrepancy could be down to the cut off point each day?

For example the HSPC last 24hr data could be up to midday.
    The daily numbers from the HSE are up to midnight the day before.

Did we not have 58 positives and 52 cases over 72 hours?
    We had 44 positive tests Saturday and Sunday and 16 confirmed cases.
    We had 14 positive tests Monday and 36 confirmed cases.

I thought they changed that a few months back? It used to be 11am-11am then went to the actual 24 hour figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How it used to be but then they changed it to midnight for all reporting did they not

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And as one thread meanders towards it's ultimate fate, a new one bursts out of the ether

RIP XIX

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement