Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Give over with ‘the Americans’ shyte ffs.

Some people really love Americans. They'd even defend them coming here during a pandemic. This love for the States is out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

If a vaccine comes out ( which is looking more likely with each passing day)and we’re all saved i can’t wait to come back on this thread to see what the new moan will be about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Micky 32 wrote: »
    If a vaccine comes out ( which is looking more likely with each passing day)and we’re all saved i can’t wait to come back on this thread to see what the new moan will be about.

In that case, I cant wait to unsub from this forum and never read anything about coronavirus ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Some people really love Americans. They'd even defend them coming here during a pandemic. This love for the States is out of control.

Some people are not xenophobes. There are hardly any Americans entering Ireland at this time but the way your typical knuckle scraper goes on about them you’d think we were inundated.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭alentejo

Folks say in Ireland. Simple as!

Regarding the "green" list, we are going to have to live with "Green-Orange-Red" list for some years.

Hopefully next year, all of Europe might be on a green list, so foreign travel within the EU might be possible!

PS, I think the media and political parties have made the most fuss about the "Green List!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Northern Ireland green list 58 countries

Ours 15

So much for an all island approach lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The public is very easily confused if that’s the case. People roaring about being treated like children a few weeks ago and now roaring about how confusing the green list is.

The message is clear; don’t travel abroad. The green list is a sop to those who would be crying about living in a dictatorship and the rest.

Leo was on saying going to killarney for a weekend was the same risk as going to any of these countries. If this is true why is the message dont travel abroad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Well I'm glad you're happy to have them here

niallo27 wrote: »
    Leo was on saying going to killarney for a weekend was the same risk as going to any of these countries. If this is true why is the message dont travel abroad.

Maybe because of the high risk countries people may travel to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Some people are not xenophobes. There are hardly any Americans entering Ireland at this time but the way your typical knuckle scraper goes on about them you’d think we were inundated.
    Hmm, people are stupid, roaring, xenophobes and knuckle scrapers. You do have an enlightened view of the plain people of Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

What's the point of a green list, go holidays so that you don't have to isolate when you come home... But then Americans don't have to isolate either.

Coveney said there could be restrictions in months and that the passenger locator form is going online on 10th August. The one they have been promoting going online for weeks now..

https://www.thejournal.ie/plans-for-increased-controls-on-covid-19-hotspots-5156414-Jul2020/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

This covers a lot of the science of how infection can occur and how to mitigate.

520759.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This covers a lot of the science of how infection can occur and how to mitigate.

520759.jpg
    Impressed with the effort involved but that is an exercise in TMI!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Love for America is lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Think more needs to be done about people not showing up to be tested tbh

https://twitter.com/Orlaodo/status/1285869207780040709

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Northern Ireland green list 58 countries

Ours 15

So much for an all island approach lol

Its almost as if we don't have control over what happens in another jurisdiction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

520759.jpg

Out to 10 feet that's over 3m. Not sure about the "don't be downwind" bit. If you are up wind then the other person is downwind.

Normally when given a choice I'd go down wind of an older person or mask wearer ( as they clearly are more worried ) and upwind of a younger person.

Most people haven't a clue where the wind is coming from, having to throw grass in air to see, wouldn't be an option each time you pass someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭peterofthebr

so i think it was about 10 days ago i seen WHO or some CDC statement that they were going to look into fresh reports (findings) that the 2 meters is not enough for social distancing...anybody hear any developments on this?

also WHO were sending people to china..looking for patient zero.. no news on this either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

10 feet outside? Do they think this stuff is actually practical?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Eod100 wrote: »
    Think more needs to be done about people not showing up to be tested tbh

https://twitter.com/Orlaodo/status/1285869207780040709

It should either be get tested or go into mandatory quarantine if youre a contact tbh, incredibly ****ing selfish, I wouldn’t even hesitate to get tested ffs

• Advertisement

Micky 32 wrote: »

I'll save you the bother, it will be antivaxers and those who won't take the vaccine for "reasons", spreading the disease and I can't take a vaccine because of health reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Doesn’t seem to be many here with long term effects

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1285879021352488960?s=21

AdamD wrote: »
    10 feet outside? Do they think this stuff is actually practical?

It would end up like sailing everybody maneuvering to get upwind before passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

It was really just Lombardy and one or two neighbouring regions that bore the brunt, large sections of the country, mostly further south, remained largely untouched. I dont know if they fully understand why, the north is the industry centre so maybe something to do with it. But italy did ok considering they got virtually sucker punched, they have good health service and learned a lot of lessons that others could then take on board.

I think I read somewhere that the Lombardy region and Italy in general have a much higher rate of old people then most if not all of Europe. I think that accounted for upwards if 60% of their total deaths. I could be wrong on this but I'm sure someone else will know for sure.

That's great, is it 51% or 99.1% with no long term effects though?

Information like this would be useful in assessing whether to take a vaccine or not, for those with sociopathic tendencies. Most hopefully will for the general good of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

I'll save you the bother, it will be antivaxers and those who won't take the vaccine for "reasons", spreading the disease and I can't take a vaccine because of health reasons.

Infairness I'm not an antivaxer but it's not like there has never been long term issues with some vaccines. I think some people that may have issues in their family with historical vaccines might think a little before been first inlone to get a rushed out vaccine.

Yeah right.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1285536614069010437?s=20

Just like masks don't work.
    Just like it's not airborne.
    Just like there is no affect on numbers after weekend.

That's great, is it 51% or 99.1% with no long term effects though?

Information like this would be useful in assessing whether to take a vaccine or not, for those with sociopathic tendencies. Most hopefully will for the general good of society.

I agree. 2 thirds of nurses who contracted it are still experiencing post viral fatigue.
    Considering nursing union asking for health and safety investigations that could lead to liabilities.

HSE are going to downplay anything. got to do with this.

https://twitter.com/NursingTimes/status/1285519614210973696?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Its almost as if we don't have control over what happens in another jurisdiction

The government and academics need to stop going on about an all island approach so or we do as Northern Ireland do

It's in their benefit to be open and for us not to be

• Advertisement

I’ll have no problem taking a chance on the vaccine, i’ll be first in queue. This virus has taken all of the things i look forward to including seeing my family in other countries etc.

Yes there will be antivaxxers on these threads, the same ones who’ll want everything shut down for “eva”.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement