Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid19 Part XIX-25,802 in ROI (1,753 deaths) 5,859 in NI (556 deaths) (21/07)Read OP

Options
1324325326327328330»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

LATEST TESTING DATA

Tests conducted last 24 hours: 4599
    Tests conducted last 7 days: 51342
    Positive tests last 24 hours: 18
    Positivity rate last 7 days: 0.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

LATEST TESTING DATA

Where can I get that info sorry if you posted before and testing very low

catrat12 wrote: »
    Where can I get that info sorry if you posted before and testing very low
    Ireland's COVID19 Data Hub
    Tuesday and Wednesday are lowest testing days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

LATEST TESTING DATA

Ok so 18 yesterday and 14 the day before and no tests that i can see in a backlog i am expecting 15 new cases today

Ok so 18 yesterday and 14 the day before and no tests that i can see in a backlog i am expecting 15 new cases today
    I'm expecting less than 18 indeed. The testing and positive cases actually lined up perfectly including yesterday. 58 positive tests over the 72hrs and 52 cases reported.

• Advertisement

I'm expecting less than 18 indeed. The testing and positive cases actually lined up perfectly including yesterday. 58 positive tests over the 72hrs and 52 cases reported.

You are very well versed on the testing data ACE. Do we know that a positive test definitely relates to a positive case? Some people are getting tested more than once and may represent more than one positive test. These double tests and the validation of this may explain some of the daily inconsistencies.

You are very well versed on the testing data ACE. Do we know that a positive test definitely relates to a positive case? Some people are getting tested more than once and may represent more than one positive test. These double tests and the validation of this may explain some of the daily inconsistencies.
    You are correct yes. However, the positive test number should be greater than confirmed cases based on that thinking. My point over the last few days is the opposite is true. More confirmed cases than positive tests.

You are correct yes. However, the positive test number should be greater than confirmed cases based on that thinking. My point over the last few days is the opposite is true. More confirmed cases than positive tests.

Did we not have 58 positives and 52 cases over 72 hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

The discrepancy could be down to the cut off point each day?

For example the HSPC last 24hr data could be up to midday.
    The daily numbers from the HSE are up to midnight the day before.

Did we not have 58 positives and 52 cases over 72 hours?
    We had 44 positive tests Saturday and Sunday and 16 confirmed cases.
    We had 14 positive tests Monday and 36 confirmed cases.

• Advertisement

I thought they changed that a few months back? It used to be 11am-11am then went to the actual 24 hour figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How it used to be but then they changed it to midnight for all reporting did they not

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And as one thread meanders towards it's ultimate fate, a new one bursts out of the ether

RIP XIX

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement