Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Ring Road

Options
  • 30-06-2020 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

The moderator Sam Russell on the Galway Ring Road thread consistently sanctions and censors points of view he doesn't agree with on this thread. Over the years he has:
    1. Merged other thread discussing this topic, that don't want to discuss the merits of it going ahead at all, more the technicalities of it.
    2. Censored, warned and sanctioned posters such as myself that disagree with his viewpoints of public transport only. Some of the posters on this thread, for example, Cgcsb can be very aggressive and are never sanctioned in anyway as they hold the same veiwpoint as the moderator.
    3. He has currently put a warning on the thread saying 'don't discuss the M50', as I'm using it as an example of a Ring Road in Ireland around a City - what is wrong with this? Why has he warned against posting about the M50? Other posters agreeing with him are freely allowed to post City comparisons e.g. Amsterdam are given free reign.

My question and issue is...why is a moderator who is in no way impartial allowed to control and moderate a debate? Can boards change the moderator for this thread?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread moved from Feedback. Help Desk deals with forum specific issues

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

I am also a mod on that forum and think the Galway bypass is highly controversial, far more so than other road projects around the country. I think that it should be permitted to discuss the standard of the bypass, whether it should be built, and public transport.
    The main thread can be for technicalities of the road only , but other threads should not be merged into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

This was the thread which I was following for the technicalities of it, which was hijacked once again by the Should they/shouldn't they debate. I had been following the should they/shouldn't they debate on another thread which now doesn't seem to be used. This isn't sufficient.
    One's own opinion on the road, and using / citing other roads as examples shouldn't be pulled up on as it's not doing anything wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement