Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Not only the covid recordings but also the discussion of a "new nuclear" system or weapon that even China and Russia don't know about etc. I mean he's rambling and boasting about things to a journalist he knows is recording and going to report on these things, can you imagine who and what else he spills to who knows who? Christ the GOP have completely lost themselves, willingly supporting this national security risk, they are all as guilty.

Sorry for the stupid question- apart from the first meeting, was Trump effectively alone in the room with Woodward? Does Woodward get to say that the president cannot conduct the interview with an aide beside him?

I know Trump would reckon that he could bluster his way through an interview with the journalist who took down Nixon, but I simply cannot believe WH staff allowed this to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Water John wrote: »
    The GOP if it had any credibility would take the hit on this election and use the next 4 years to regroup.
    Where do fools like De Santis in Florida go and hide their shame?

What is the point of that? The reason for politics is to be in power. If the people are willing to vote for them then why would they change?

Remember, that after GWB and Obama got in, there was great talk of the GoP having to reform, to move to the centre, to reach out to minorities. Since then they have driven to the right and reaped the reward in terms of recently having all three strands of power and they have taken over the majority in the SCOTUS. If Trump does manage to win they will be looking at basically taking over all parts of the legal system for years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am guessing this has been posted already?
    Not looking good for Trump

BREAKING: The House Intel Committee received a whistleblower complaint from a former senior DHS official alleging he was told to "cease providing intelligence assessments on the threat of Russian interference in the US" because it made Trump look bad.
    https://t.co/fF2HCXjrMH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭abff

gmisk wrote: »
    What secret?
    The Lady G thing is well out in the world at this stage.

What Lady G thing? I’ve absolutely no idea what that’s about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

abff wrote: »

I Assume it means that it’s an open secret that he is gay ?

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    He is gay seemingly while supporting legislation that is very much anti LGBT.
    Oh and also he has penchant for rent boys especially young ones. Also a number of NDAs in place.
    He is a slimey weasal.

Lady g is a nickname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭abff

He is gay seemingly while supporting legislation that is very much anti LGBT.
    Oh and also he has penchant for rent boys especially young ones. Also a number of NDAs in place.
    He is a slimey weasal.

Sounds like an absolute prince among men!

I presume he’s now about to be thrown under the bus by Trump in order to deflect attention from the latest revelations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

He is a slimey weasal.

Not that I'm surprised but do you have a source for this?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

hirondelle wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question- apart from the first meeting, was Trump effectively alone in the room with Woodward? Does Woodward get to say that the president cannot conduct the interview with an aide beside him?

I know Trump would reckon that he could bluster his way through an interview with the journalist who took down Nixon, but I simply cannot believe WH staff allowed this to happen.

From reading it would seem that Trump gave Woodward his personal mobile number and called Woodward on a number of occasions to chat in the evenings.

Hubris has always been a massive failing for Trump - He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and is so focussed on making himself look good (in his mind) that he runs his mouth to be the Big man , but ends up shafting himself.

As an example , according to multiple reports he walked away from that absolute car-crash of an Interview with Jonathan Swann from Axios thinking he'd absolutely smashed it and that it would be a huge win for him.

That's how deluded he is about his own abilities , he's incapable of recognising when he has made a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 5GMadeMeDoIt

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder if Graham is about to be dumped and finally the worst kept secret in Washington will be confirmed?

Wouldn't that be a bit suicidal from the republicans? He's in a increasingly tight senate race. If they lose Graham they'll almost certainly lose the Senate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Wouldn't that be a bit suicidal from the republicans? He's in a increasingly tight senate race. If they lose Graham they'll almost certainly lose the Senate.

Desperate times, desperate measures. But, would anybody care if he is gay. Would even the religious nutters conclude that like Trump he is but an imperfect vessel doing gods work, given his voting record.

Desperate times, desperate measures. But, would anybody care if he is gay. Would even the religious nutters conclude that like Trump he is but an imperfect vessel doing gods work, given his voting record.

It's not really the fact that he is (probably) gay. It's more that if Trump blames him for the mess he's in he might lose some of Tump's hardcore base which I would assume he needs to keep his Senate seat. Maybe they think they can use him as a patsy without hurting him in his Senate election.

Or maybe Trump's just out to save his own skin and doesn't give 2 punts about the Republican party.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    From reading it would seem that Trump gave Woodward his personal mobile number and called Woodward on a number of occasions to chat in the evenings.

Hubris has always been a massive failing for Trump - He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and is so focussed on making himself look good (in his mind) that he runs his mouth to be the Big man , but ends up shafting himself.

As an example , according to multiple reports he walked away from that absolute car-crash of an Interview with Jonathan Swann from Axios thinking he'd absolutely smashed it and that it would be a huge win for him.

That's how deluded he is about his own abilities , he's incapable of recognising when he has made a mistake.

Another astounding error in judgement then, but likely just to be added to the enormous pile. He really does have the very best people around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I am guessing this has been posted already?
    Not looking good for Trump

BREAKING: The House Intel Committee received a whistleblower complaint from a former senior DHS official alleging he was told to "cease providing intelligence assessments on the threat of Russian interference in the US" because it made Trump look bad.
    https://t.co/fF2HCXjrMH

First I’ve seen of it here or elsewhere. I’m sure I’ve missed many things in trump world because honestly there is so much stuff hitting the wall it’s hard to see it all. I’d say I’m shocked but that wouldn’t be true. It’s a case of everything Donald trump and his family and circle of associates are involved in starts to stink after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Washington Post January 2020: POTUS “Hyping” COVID Panic – September 2020: POTUS “Downplayed” COVID Panic…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/09/09/washington-post-january-2020-potus-hyping-covid-panic-september-2020-potus-downplayed-covid-panic/#more-199247
    So in January, February and March, 2020, the best political attack position was to say that President Trump was overreacting and hyping panic. Now in September 2020 the best political attack position is to say he down-played the danger.
    Its all politics

enno99 wrote: »
    Washington Post January 2020: POTUS “Hyping” COVID Panic – September 2020: POTUS “Downplayed” COVID Panic…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/09/09/washington-post-january-2020-potus-hyping-covid-panic-september-2020-potus-downplayed-covid-panic/#more-199247

Its all politics

The difference being that these commenting in January did not have all the facts. Trump did. He knew exactly the risk that the country faced.

It is fine for a journalist to make a mistake, it doesn't effect anything more than their credibility. People have died because Trump actions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That's just wrong. On a number of different levels.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Its all politics

Do you expect people not to look at the links you provide? They don't help your point in any way.

It (politics) is all politics? How insightful.

Another day, another "I can't believe Trump has stooped even lower" moment

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    That's the crux of it. He tries to create panics over everything; migrant caravans, Hilary's emails, "Obamagate", BLM... His current panic-line is about Joe Biden coming to destroy suburbs. He does whatever he can to whip his supporters into a frenzy at every available opportunity

Yet the one thing he downplays is the one thing that's going to actually result in thousands of deaths. And he does nothing. Nothing to prepare, nothing to start giving people proper information, nothing to help. He goes so far as to undermine actual attempts to get proper information out to people. He knows the virus is already in the country and is spread through the air and close contact... and he holds rallies to feed his ego.

And nothing will change. No one will challenge him on it. Biden will attack him for it in the election, but Trump's supporters will still vote for him, and after the election if Biden wins, the Dems will let Trump sail away into the sunset because to actually bring any charges or investigations against him will probably cost them too much political power.

Trump has definitely accomplished more in 4 years as President than most presidents ever have. He's broken the political system in America beyond repair and fractured an already fairly divisive nation in ways that I think will only ever get worse.

Clever virus that
    knows the difference between rallys and the riots that the democrats are cheerleading

Do you expect people not to look at the links you provide? They don't help your point in any way.

It (politics) is all politics? How insightful.

LOL whats false in the link

Clever virus that
    knows the difference between rallys and the riots that the democrats are cheerleading

Can you put up some examples of Democrat cheerleading riots?

We know Trump supported people taking over Michigan statehouse using the implied threat of force by having guns on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Clever virus that
    There is nothing clever about airborne viruses travelling through the air, it is just nature and occurs in rallies as much as it does at any other event with a lot of people close together, especially when they refuse to wear masks.

Which democrats have been cheerleading rioting?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Its all politics

Except if you actually read the WaPo article they link to in your reference above. They do not say that he was "hyping" the Panic or anything even remotely like that.

It's a fairly factual article that details the actions taken and then it quotes some people who are praising the actions and some who think they are a bit too much.

The authors of the article provide no opinion on with viewpoint they agree on.

LOL whats false in the link

As has been noted these people didn't have the information that Trump had.

Biden's Tweet

'We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency.

Sanders said in his interview that we need to listen to the scientists.

Assuming we take both at their words, they would have acted sooner.

You've provided links that suggest both Biden and Sanders would have done a better job. Well done.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The difference being that these commenting in January did not have all the facts. Trump did. He knew exactly the risk that the country faced.

It is fine for a journalist to make a mistake, it doesn't effect anything more than their credibility. People have died because Trump actions

Their comments were to say he was hyping it

Democrats were telling people to come to chinatown and party nothing to worry about

Who gave him the facts ?
    Fauchi that lied about many things including masks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Democrats were telling people to come to chinatown and party nothing to worry about

Who gave him the facts ?

He didn't lie about masks, stop parroting the Dear Leader's falsehoods. Scientific advice evolves as per studies.

• Advertisement

Who gave him the facts ?

Seriously? He said it himself on the interview with Woodward. Are you really sitting here thinking that Trump didn't know?

As for the Dems and the journalists, were they wrong to go off the advice of POTUS? Since he had direct access tot he info, not them, what did you expect them to do?

When people started to call out Trump response they were meet with Trump saying they were creating a hoax and people looking to take over state capitaals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement