Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Can you put up some examples of Democrat cheerleading riots?

We know Trump supported people taking over Michigan statehouse using the implied threat of force by having guns on them.

##Mod Note##

No Video dumps

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

enno99 wrote: »
    Democrats were telling people to come to chinatown and party nothing to worry about

No they didn't. Pelosi was in Chinatown to try and mitigate violence against Asian communities thanks to trumps 'chinese virus' bull****.

They were not telling people to come to china town and party. That is just factually wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Another day, another "I can't believe Trump has stooped even lower" moment

It's incredibly tiring but at the same time, it's vital that people don't become immune to this nonsense. None of it is normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    First I’ve seen of it here or elsewhere. I’m sure I’ve missed many things in trump world because honestly there is so much stuff hitting the wall it’s hard to see it all. I’d say I’m shocked but that wouldn’t be true. It’s a case of everything Donald trump and his family and circle of associates are involved in starts to stink after a while.

I follow a lot of what's happening in Trumpworld.. I get my info from a wide variety of sources, across the spectrum from way left to way right..

In fairness, while folks here must get tired posting, given all the **** that happens in that universe, I doubt much of a material nature happens in that wacky kingdom of Donny that doesnt get referred to in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 5GMadeMeDoIt

LOL go on explain

You realise there's audio on the video you posted, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Detritus70

LOL go on explain

Personally I find it difficult to debate with someone writing "LOL" in every post, are you laughing at the whole thing, is it just one big joke, or are you just having a laugh?
    Maybe you're not serious and your posts shouldn't be taken seriously?
    I don't quite understand your angle on that, please explain.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Detritus70 wrote: »
    Personally I find it difficult to debate with someone writing "LOL" in every post, are you laughing at the whole thing, is it just one big joke, or are you just having a laugh?
    Maybe you're not serious and your posts shouldn't be taken seriously?
    I don't quite understand your angle on that, please explain.

No its funny when you post links and they say that that dont help your argument without pointing out why
    and then you get remarks like that has audio

But if it bothers you i will stop doing it

Yes and your point

In case you are thinking they are just peaceful protests :D

Over 90% of protests were peaceful apparently

In case you are thinking they are just peaceful protests :D

The peaceful protests ARE just peaceful protests. By their very definition! The riots are riots. These are not difficult concepts to grasp.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

A number of below standard posts deleted.

A Reminder that posting video and pictures without adding substantial commentary is not allowed here.

Thanks

• Advertisement

The peaceful protests ARE just peaceful protests. By their very definition! The riots are riots. These are not difficult concepts to grasp.

Im at a disatvantage here I cant post videos of the riots /Savage beatings /Looting/Murder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Im at a disatvantage here I cant post videos of the riots /Savage beatings /Looting/Murder

You are not really. Everyone acknowledges that has been rioting and looting. The difference is that Trump, seemingly now perfectly happy to instil panic, wants people to believe that every protest is a riot and full of looting.

So all we get is a series of videos showing looting, and another series showing peaceful protests.

At the end of it all, this all is happening under Trump watch. He claims that this would happen under Biden. yet has done nothing but stoke the flames himself.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

##Mod Note##

You are perfectly entitled to post links , pictures etc. to support your argument as part of the debate.

What people are not allowed do it post images and videos without context or comment.

Posting a pic or video with either no comment or something akin to "Check this out" isn't acceptable.

To be specific about the current discussion.

No further photo/video evidence is required to prove that Riots occur - No one is suggesting that they are not.

The conversation is about whether or not ALL Protests are Riots , not whether Riots are happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

It's Trump's 2020 equivalent of 'all Mexicans are rapists, all Muslims are terrorists', now 'all protestors are looters, rioters and anarchists'.
    The enemy at the gates has become the enemy within.

That's a very odd claim to make. You're at a disadvantage because you can't post videos of murder?

Trump was quite gleeful about virus rates in democratic cities and states at the start.

BTW as a trumpist how do square this circle https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/coronavirus/report-sturgis-motorcycle-rally-could-have-led-to-260-000-covid-19-cases

https://nypost.com/2020/09/08/sturgi...ovid-19-cases/
    “This report isn’t science; it’s fiction,” Noem said in a statement. “Under the guise of academic research, this report is nothing short of an attack on those who exercised their personal freedom to attend Sturgis.”

She noted the paper was a “non peer-reviewed model,” charging that it was also “built on incredibly faulty assumptions that do not reflect the actual facts and data here in South Dakota.”
    Secretary of Health Kim Malsam-Rysdon said people “shouldn’t put too much stock into models” and that using cell phone pings to project COVID-19 cases isn’t an accurate correlation.
    She mentioned that the state had linked 124 cases among South Dakota residents to the rally.

On The other hand NY mayor dosent want to find out if BLM marches spread the virus why is that

https://www.thecity.nyc/coronavirus/2020/6/14/21290963/nyc-covid-19-trackers-skipping-floyd-protest-questions-even-amid-fears-of-new-wave
    The hundreds of contact tracing workers hired by the city under de Blasio’s new “test and trace” campaign have been instructed not to ask anyone who’s tested positive for COVID-19 whether they recently attended a demonstration, City Hall confirmed to THE CITY.
    “No person will be asked proactively if they attended a protest,” Avery Cohen, a spokesperson for de Blasio, wrote in an emailed response to questions by THE CITY.

That's a very odd claim to make. You're at a disadvantage because you can't post videos of murder?

Nothing odd at all it happened at the "peaceful protest" as did the other crimes I mentioned

So two people that aren't Doctors and that have political capital invested in playing down the spread of the Virus are claiming that medical research isn't valid. Not sure how valid a rebuttal that really is.

This from Noem who used Covid relief funds to pay for an Ad campaign to get more people to come to her state at a time when it has one of the highest recorded infection rates in the entire Country.
    South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem's administration announced Tuesday that it is using federal coronavirus relief funds to pay for a $5 million tourism ad campaign aimed at drawing people to the state. The move comes even as the state emerges as one of the nation's top hot spots for COVID-19 infections.

The 30-second spot, which premiered on Fox News alongside Noem's speech at the Republican National Convention last month, features the governor saying that "with our breathtaking landscapes and wide-open spaces, we're a place to safely explore." But the state currently ranks second in the country for new cases per capita over the last two weeks, with 439 new cases per 100,000 people.

Again , she not really a person with an unbiased take on the whole thing is she?

Nothing odd at all it happened at the "peaceful protest" as did the other crimes I mentioned

No it didn't. If someone was murdered as a result of protest it wasn't a peaceful protest. Again. Not. A. Difficult. Concept. To. Grasp.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So two people that aren't Doctors and that have political capital invested in playing down the spread of the Virus are claiming that medical research isn't valid. Not sure how valid a rebuttal that really is.

This from Noem who used Covid relief funds to pay for an Ad campaign to get more people to come to her state at a time when it has one of the highest recorded infection rates in the entire Country.

Again , she not really a person with an unbiased take on the whole thing is she?

Both sides are guilty of bias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Another thing that's gone a little under the radar is Trump acknowledging systemic racism exists in the country and is s problem.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Another thing that's fine a little under the radar is Trump acknowledging systemic racism exists in the country.

In what way? And I imagine entirely by accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Both sides are guilty of bias

Both political sides are guilty of bias. Ultimately its down to the person themselves and as shown before the majority of scientists don't have a bias, however it's trusted upon them that they do when they disagree with Trumps crew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

In what way? And I imagine entirely by accident.

In a direct question and answer way. Literally.

Apologies, I'm on the phone at the minute soni can't flesh that out yet but will later if nobody else has

Edit: to throw in, the audio of that segment of the interview is available as that's how I heard it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

On the definition of rallies, peaceful protests and riots, it's worth noting that at his meeting with several thousand strong unmasked supporters at Smith Reynolds airport in North Carolina, Trump said he considered it a peaceful protest and not a rally.

The other visible issue at that peaceful protest was his continued ignoring of the advice his best medical people have given him as the lead citizen in the U.S: wear a mask. N.C's Governor Roy Cooper stepped forward last night saying elected leaders and candidates need to lead by example during the coronavirus pandemic by wearing masks and social distancing on the campaign trail after he and the DHHS Secretary Mandy Cohen met with Dr Deborah Birx, a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, in North Carolina Wednesday to discuss how N.C was responding to the Covid-19 virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It seems that Fox News are spinning for trump on the interview tapes. Tucker Carlson is saying that Lindsay graham set up the interviews and sat in on the first one(tucker didn’t lick that info off the grass) and is now claiming that graham has been against most trump policies even more than some democrats. Lindsay Graham should duck before that bus comes along.

As a defensive line tp protect the other alleged advisor giving Trump the "it's OK boss" signal, that's sneaky, using a Fox News pundit to do the throwing. It's possibly because there was no one in the White House prepared to stand up and point the finger toward the other advisor who was allegedly involved in giving the interview the "it's safe boss" OK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

“This report isn’t science; it’s fiction,” Noem said in a statement. “Under the guise of academic research, this report is nothing short of an attack on those who exercised their personal freedom to attend Sturgis.”

She noted the paper was a “non peer-reviewed model,” charging that it was also “built on incredibly faulty assumptions that do not reflect the actual facts and data here in South Dakota.”

Which is complete and utter scutter. Its titled a working paper which means the paper is being presented before it goes to peer review. So while technically not peer reviewed the final paper will be published in a peer reviewed journal.

To dismiss the findings just shows bias.
    On the other hand NY mayor dosent want to find out if BLM marches spread the virus why is that

https://www.thecity.nyc/coronavirus/...rs-of-new-wave

The hundreds of contact tracing workers hired by the city under de Blasio’s new “test and trace” campaign have been instructed not to ask anyone who’s tested positive for COVID-19 whether they recently attended a demonstration, City Hall confirmed to THE CITY.
    Quote:
    “No person will be asked proactively if they attended a protest,” Avery Cohen, a spokesperson for de Blasio, wrote in an emailed response to questions by THE CITY.

This has nothing to do with finding out in BLM marches spread to virus. It's to do with not putting people on a list that they have attended BLM, a list that will be public and available to the likes of the police and government agents and could be used against them.

So have you any more articles you'd like to quote from, completely misinterpret and then get debunked?

aloyisious wrote: »
    On the definition of rallies, peaceful protests and riots, it's worth noting that at his meeting with several thousand strong unmasked supporters at Smith Reynolds airport in North Carolina, Trump said he considered it a peaceful protest and not a rally s.

Yea its ok to hold a peaceful protest

All or some not wearing masks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yea its ok to hold a peaceful protest

All or some not wearing masks ?

Trump knew the highly infection dangerous nature of the disease, yet he didn't tell the people. Even with this knowledge he held indoor rallies and told people that to wear a mask was 'politically correct'. Just goes to show what he thinks of his people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Another part of the new Bob Woodward book has come out where according to nbc news Donald trump told Bob Woodward that he “doesn’t have responsibility to understand Black Americans’ anger, pain.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement