Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Which is complete and utter scutter. Its titled a working paper which means the paper is being presented before it goes to peer review. So while technically not peer reviewed the final paper will be published in a peer reviewed journal.

To dismiss the findings just shows bias.

How did The Lancet's now-retracted study on hydroxychloroquine make it through peer review?
    "At times the Lancet's peer review has been called into question, but peer review is not perfect. No journal's above all this.

"But it looks as if what's happened here — I've done a lot of reporting on scientific misconduct in the past, if this is what this turns out to be — is that you co-opt people who are busy but have a good reputation, and you put their names on the paper that beguiled the reviewers, saying, 'Oh, well, if that person's put on, it must be OK'.

"And I suspect that's how this has slipped through in a busy environment where people are rushing COVID-19 papers to press."

Its not without its problems

Any up date on the 260,000 that should be infected

This has nothing to do with finding out in BLM marches spread to virus. It's to do with not putting people on a list that they have attended BLM, a list that will be public and available to the likes of the police and government agents and could be used against them.

So have you any more articles you'd like to quote from, completely misinterpret and then get debunked?

How would it be public ?
    And the vast majority of them are allover Twitter/facebook/Instagram etc
    easy for police/ Gov agents to see who they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Another part of the new Bob Woodward book has come out where according to nbc news Donald trump told Bob Woodward that he “doesn’t have responsibility to understand Black Americans’ anger, pain.”
    Do they have a part of the oath of office that makes a new President try to represent all the people?

Or is it just a convention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Another part of the new Bob Woodward book has come out where according to nbc news Donald trump told Bob Woodward that he “doesn’t have responsibility to understand Black Americans’ anger, pain.”

Please let this be true, His numbers will go down faster than one of his big mac meals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Please let this be true, His numbers will go down faster than one of his big mac meals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

Do they have a part of the oath of office that makes a new President try to represent all the people?

Or is it just a convention?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

enno99 wrote: »
    How did The Lancet's now-retracted study on hydroxychloroquine make it through peer review?

It got retracted. Which shows the peer review process works.
    How would it be public ?
    And the vast majority of them are allover Twitter/facebook/Instagram etc
    easy for police/ Gov agents to see who they are

Ok might not be public. But would be available to government bodies like I mentioned.

This still changes nothing about how wrong your original statement was and how you tried to sleep it to your own beliefs.

Hammer and nails again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Woodward framed his question about black grievance around the idea that both Trump and himself came from a priveliged white background and thus could have difficulty understanding black pain. Trump's answer was, 'You have really drunk the Kool Aid... no I don't feel that at all'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Yea its ok to hold a peaceful protest

All or some not wearing masks ?

To be fair, a few of the estimated 14,500 were using masks, thought North Carolina has Covid-19 guidance rules limiting any outdoor gathering to 50 in total. He blamed the rule as a democratic party trick to prevent him holding rallies, hence his re-naming of his rallies as peaceful protests contending on Tuesday that his campaign has found a loophole to avoid violating such state regulations because “we decided to call all our rallies peaceful protests”. The lack of anyone/thing to protest against at the protest ended with it being see for what it is, a rally.

It got retracted. Which shows the peer review process works.

:confused: It was published how did peer review work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

:confused: It was published how did peer review work ?

Frankly, it speaks to a lack of understanding of scientific literature that anyone would feel the need to come into a Politics forum to learn how peer review works. Google and a wealth of scientific knowledge are hugely valuable sources of learning that can answer all such questions.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Frankly, it speaks to a lack of understanding of scientific literature that anyone would feel the need to come into a Politics forum to learn how peer review works. Google and a wealth of scientific knowledge are hugely valuable sources of learning that can answer all such questions.

My thoughts exactly
    It got published so peer review didnt work in this case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Peace deal between Israel and UAE / Kosovo and Serbia |No Wars first president in 39 yrs and pulling out troops
    Guess you guys preferred it the way it was killing women and children for profit

I'm sure you can explain that argument to the families of those that have died of Covid. They'll surely give you a solid response. And that's before I begin on the other disgusting things that Trump has done and the lies he's told since taking office.

200,000 Americans dead because he wouldn't take scientific advice, He didn't need to kill foreigners, he's been too busy killing his own.

So is Fauchi lying he was giving the advice

Was his advice to downplay it and not cause panic like he did with masks
    he was downplaying it himself in the media

2020-09-09.jpg?itok=bDuAD0JW

SECOND OPINION Dr Fauci DEFENDS Trump and says he ‘didn’t get any sense’ the president ‘was distorting anything’ about Covid
    Fauci added that his and other White House Coronavirus Task Force members’ discussions with Trump were “about the reality of what was going on.”

"And then when we would get up in front of the press conferences, which were very, very common after our discussions with the president, he really didn't say anything different than we discussed when we were with him," he said.

“I didn't see any discrepancies between what he told us and what we told him, and what he came out publicly and said.”
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12630732/fauci-defends-trump-distorting-covid/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Peace deal between Israel and UAE / Kosovo and Serbia |No Wars first president in 39 yrs and pulling out troops
    Guess you guys preferred it the way it was killing women and children for profit

What war did Obama start?

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I'm sure you can explain that argument to the families of those that have died of Covid. They'll surely give you a solid response. And that's before I begin on the other disgusting things that Trump has done and the lies he's told since taking office.

No need I can get all that BS from CNN etc

What war did Obama start?

Obama approves airstrikes against Libya, March 19, 2011
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/19/barack-obama-libya-airstrikes-1224550

Are you saying America went to war with Libya?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭moon2

Are you implying Trump hasn't approved airstrikes?

Are you saying America went to war with Libya?

Ask Hillary

Flashback 2011: Hillary Clinton Laughs About Killing Moammar Gaddafi: "We Came, We Saw, He Died!"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/06/19/flashback_2011_hillary_clinton_laughs_about_killing_moammar_gaddafi_we_came_we_saw_he_died.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

No need I can get all that BS from CNN etc

You think the fact that Trump has continually lied since he took office is BS?

moon2 wrote: »

No

I'm asking you.
    Yes or no, simple question.
    American and British naval forces fired over 110 Tomahawk cruise missiles,[21] while the French Air Force, British Royal Air Force, and Royal Canadian Air Force[22] undertook sorties across Libya and a naval blockade by Coalition forces.[23] French jets launched air strikes against Libyan Army tanks and vehicles.[24][25] The intervention did not employ foreign ground troops.[26]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_military_intervention_in_Libya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

So is Fauchi lying he was giving the advice

Was his advice to downplay it and not cause panic like he did with masks
    he was downplaying it himself in the media

2020-09-09.jpg?itok=bDuAD0JW

SECOND OPINION Dr Fauci DEFENDS Trump and says he ‘didn’t get any sense’ the president ‘was distorting anything’ about Covid

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12630732/fauci-defends-trump-distorting-covid/

Maybe the answer to your 1st question lies with Trump [something that stood out for me from his chat with Bob] as he said clearly he knew the reality of the Covid-19 situation. It seems he kept Dr Fauci in the dark about what he knew, learned apparently from the Chinese President.

The thesun article is firewalled so I can see the content of it's story. Despite it using the title of newspaper to sell it's wares, I'd liken it to the National Enquirer where it comes to stories and facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What wars did Obama start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moon2 View Post
    No

So Trump has started wars based on your own standards.

You line about the 1st POTUS is 39 years is a lie

Why can't you answer the question?

Not interested in BS about whether it was solely Obama or NATO or declared or undeclared

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »
    Maybe the answer to your 1st question lies with Trump [something that stood out for me from his chat with Bob] as he said clearly he knew the reality of the Covid-19 situation. It seems he kept Dr Fauci in the dark about what he knew, learned apparently from the Chinese President.

The thesun article is firewalled so I can see the content of it's story. Despite it using the title of newspaper to sell it's wares, I'd liken it to the National Enquirer where it comes to stories and facts.

Now Trump in cahoots with China killing Americans LOL

TDS is off the charts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement