Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

pixelburp wrote: »
    Don't be disingenuous. Stone is a close ally and operative for both Trump and previous GOP campaigns. Not to mention Stone's sentence was commuted by Trump. He was one of the orchestrators of the famous " brooks brothers riot" in 2000, while his rhetoric now directly reflects that of Trump's own refusal to confirm if he'd accept any election loss. Alongside the continuing attempts to colour postal voting as inherently fraudulent. Both in 2016 and now 2020. This is pertinent and relevant to a growing narrative to muddy the legitimacy of the 2020 election.

Doesn't it sound like you are being disingenuous? Trump didn't say this. His friend did. How can people put 2+2 together and come up with 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Wow

But when Pelosi said that Biden shouldn't concede (meaning he should wait until every ballot is counted) we had Trump supporters going crazy over her comments. This election could be the thing that tears America apart.

It definitely has the potential to do so Hillary is also telling Biden no to concede under any circumstances and to prepare his legal teams for a fight. So I think it's safe to say that the result of this election will be fought no matter who appears to have initially won it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Doesn't it sound like you are being disingenuous? Trump didn't say this. His friend did. How can people put 2+2 together and come up with 5.

well Trump has already stated that the only way he could lose the election is because it's rigged, so this is just another step to him desperately clinging to power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He did already in Chris Wallace's fox news interview

https://time.com/5868739/trump-election-results-chris-wallace/

well Trump has already stated that the only way he could lose the election is because it's rigged, so this is just another step to him desperately clinging to power.

He did say that.

However
    Roger stone made those latest comments not Donald Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nobody is claiming Trump said this things. Nobody. However Stone's utterances are backed up by Trump's own views on 2020 and Stones previous attempt to disrupt the counting process. These things do not exist within vacuums of each other and to chatter of facts is to intentionally misread the discussion around the margins. Trump is on record repeatedly discrediting the means 2020 election will happen. Now a close ally is stoking an inclination towards martial law. This is disquieting beyond any sense of myopic pedantry you might be peddling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

pixelburp wrote: »
    Don't be disingenuous. Stone is a close ally and operative for both Trump and previous GOP campaigns. Not to mention Stone's sentence was commuted by Trump. He was one of the orchestrators of the famous " brooks brothers riot" in 2000, while his rhetoric now directly reflects that of Trump's own refusal to confirm if he'd accept any election loss. Alongside the continuing attempts to colour postal voting as inherently fraudulent. Both in 2016 and now 2020. This is pertinent and relevant to a growing narrative to muddy the legitimacy of the 2020 election.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1304932801649623040

Voter fraud is the only way Biden can win

https://twitter.com/i/status/1304942968793694211

That basement must be feeling a little pokey now

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Now this should make Florida "interesting" to say the least
    Former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg plans to spend at least $100 million in Florida to help elect Democrat Joe Biden, a massive late-stage infusion of cash that could reshape the presidential contest in a costly toss-up state central to President Trump’s reelection hopes.

Trump was already facing a cash defict against the Biden campaign, this will just make that even more stark.

A lot of the Big money doners that gave Trump money in 2016 are sitting this one out - Adelson, The Kochs etc. , so he's really struggling.

He talking about putting in $100m of his own money, even if he did actually do that (which is doubtful) this injection from Bloomberg just wipes that our completely.

EhwWwRJVgAAGRQE?format=jpg&name=small

Stark contrast

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Trump was already facing a cash defict against the Biden campaign, this will just make that even more stark.

A lot of the Big money doners that gave Trump money in 2016 are sitting this one out - Adelson, The Kochs etc. , so he's really struggling.

He talking about putting in $100m of his own money, even if he did actually do that (which is doubtful) this injection from Bloomberg just wipes that our completely.

Why do he need Bloomberg he has ActBlue and all the unemployed donors from BLM :rolleyes:

How much did Hillary spend the last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,228 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Quin_Dub wrote: »

If Trump himself is to be believed then $100 million is pocket change for him so I'm surprised he isn't ploughing in that much of his own money and more.

enno99 wrote: »

Stark contrast

Care to post the context of that image? Also Biden is intentionally not doing rallies because of the pandemic, I'm not sure if you're aware of the 200k of dead Americans?

Love the social distancing, not a mask in sight, bunch of idiotic fools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Love the social distancing, not a mask in sight, bunch of idiotic fùckwits.

Well of he is counting on those folks to be fit and able to vote in person come November?

He may well come to regret the lack of social distancing and fighting mail in ballots.

Stark contrast

So Biden is sensible compared to Trump and you think that's a bad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Yeah it makes no sense. He's even come out to them and admitted he thinks it's really dangerous now but had just been keeping it from them. How are they not getting this?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yeah it makes no sense. He's even come out to them and admitted he thinks it's really dangerous now but had just been keeping it from them. How are they not getting this?

This must be the Trump Derangement Syndrome we hear so much about from his zealots. He is worse for actively encouraging them.

##Mod Note

please don't link dump

Care to post the context of that image? Also Biden is intentionally not doing rallies because of the pandemic, I'm not sure if you're aware of the 200k of dead Americans?

But he knows BLM Antifa are not having any problems cant be that

• Advertisement

But he knows BLM Antifa are not having any problems cant be that

Any reason you're not addressing what I said?

I don't remember you posting the same insults about nationwide BLM protesting/rioting/looting

I may have missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Stark contrast

Sure is. When people question whether Trump lied to the American people in order to reduce panic they need to question why Trump is deliberately going against his own countries rules in order to generate crowds.

Any deaths from Covid are on him as he actively endorses people breaking the rules. Not him of course, he gets checked every day, every close to him gets checked.

Its yet another version of suckers and losers. Let others put themselves in danger.

Biden is looking to win and save people at the same time, Trump only cares about himself.

A very stark contrast indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't remember you posting the same insults about nationwide BLM protesting/rioting/looting

I may have missed it.

Anyone wearing a mask, regardless of political affiliation, is an idiot but whataboutery to score points doesn't really advance the discussion either. However it becomes relevant if and when the person these crowds are out to support is someone who wilfully underplayed the crisis. As proven by recent revelations thanks to audio interviews as widely publicised. Ideological purity test as a gotcha is a particularly disingenuous tactic.

I may have missed it.

You did.

Also from what I could see of the protests many (if not most) wore masks, how many did you count in that video wearing masks? Trump admits to "downplaying" the virus the encouraging thousands to attend rallies, do you not see anything wrong with that?

This must be the Trump Derangement Syndrome we hear so much about from his zealots. He is worse for actively encouraging them.

They've tied themselves up in so many knots now it's crazy. All due to him lying and deflecting all the time. If he does another four years the amount of lies and hypocrisy will be interesting to watch from a far anyway! And as we get close to November he'll no doubt ramp up the lying.

I watched his conference the other day. September. And still with the "I closed down ChYYYna and Nancy Pelosi was in Chinatown. Still the same talking points since March or whenever I started watching the daily task force briefings. Nearly 200,000 deaths later. Madness. Mind boggling that people defend and even support him.

Let's just hope we dont have any more deaths from his rallies. And that being outside will help anyway.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Sure is. When people question whether Trump lied to the American people in order to reduce panic they need to question why Trump is deliberately going against his own countries rules in order to generate crowds.

Any deaths from Covid are on him as he actively endorses people breaking the rules. Not him of course, he gets checked every day, every close to him gets checked.

Its yet another version of suckers and losers. Let others put themselves in danger.

Biden is looking to win and save people at the same time, Trump only cares about himself.

A very stark contrast indeed.

Yep. It's an awful thing to think but I think he values votes more than American lives. Surely cannot be true?!

##Mod Note##

No link dumps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭westdublin

Im sure you are going to back this claim up with some sort of evidence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Why do he need Bloomberg he has ActBlue and all the unemployed donors from BLM :rolleyes:

How much did Hillary spend the last time

Clinton got far more votes than Trump, iirc.

It seems like this money will be targeted towards swing states, which is where some think Clinton's campaign made some serious errors. Makes sense, given what happened last time, the fact that the difference between the two won't be as stark as it is now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement