Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Toeuptony wrote: »
    This is the man who had peaceful protestors gassed and assaulted outside the white house, so he could stage an awkward photo op at the local church (of all places). Nothing is off the table for 45.

He might call in a nuclear strike. Most likely from the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Roger Stone made the comment about marshall law. These comments are his and his alone.
    He is not a current member of the trump administration nor is he a spokesperson for Donald Trump.

He has a past relationship with Trump but his comments are irrelevant

That is your opinion and it is not shared by most people on this thread or anyone living in the real world.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wow

But when Pelosi said that Biden shouldn't concede (meaning he should wait until every ballot is counted) we had Trump supporters going crazy over her comments. This election could be the thing that tears America apart.

Plus the mail in voting means we are unlikely to have a result on election night, some commentators saying it could be two or even three days after Nov 3rd. That leaves a huge vacuum of uncertainity that Trump will seek to take advantage of. There has already been reports of teams of lawyers being assigned to each of the swing states, the aftermath of the election already sounds like its going to be very messy
    Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Now this should make Florida "interesting" to say the least

Trump was already facing a cash defict against the Biden campaign, this will just make that even more stark.

A lot of the Big money doners that gave Trump money in 2016 are sitting this one out - Adelson, The Kochs etc. , so he's really struggling.

He talking about putting in $100m of his own money, even if he did actually do that (which is doubtful) this injection from Bloomberg just wipes that our completely.

Bloomberg is on record as saying he is prepared to spend up to a billion dollars if he feels it is needed. Any ideas why the Kochs are sitting this one out, Im surprised by that after the tax breaks Trump gave the billionaire class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I don't see why it would to be honest. It's not something small is it. Bringing in martial law if he doesn't get reelected

Plus if he loses the election he isnt president anymore. He cant do anything.

The reality is that an uncertain number of his fan base will believe what he's repeatedly been telling them, that he will lose the election due to it being rigged against him [and against them as they voted for him] and they [absolutely law-abiding people that they are] are likely going to protest the vote result with effect. He's been setting the post-election situation on the ground for nearly a year now.

Edit: I'm unsure as to what he can, or can't do legally as president, during the period between election and the swearing into office on Jan 21, 2021 of his successor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Plus the mail in voting means we are unlikely to have a result on election night, some commentators saying it could be two or even three days after Nov 3rd. That leaves a huge vacuum of uncertainity that Trump will seek to take advantage of. There has already been reports of teams of lawyers being assigned to each of the swing states, the aftermath of the election already sounds like its going to be very messy

Yep. More Republicans than Democrats will vote in person. That'll cause Trump to be ahead on election night, so he'll without doubt come out and declare victory.

Then, over the few days after that, the race will tighten as absentee ballots are counted. If Biden ends up pulling ahead, expect Trump to go straight to court to declare the absentee ballots null and void.

It's going to be an absolute sh*t show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

He might call in a nuclear strike. Most likely from the Russians.

I just watched The sum of all fears on Netflix last night, I hadn't seen it in years. Some of the stuff horrified me more than ever. The thought of him being president in the movie was scarier than the Threads movie. There is no real World Jack Ryan to magic up to save the day. What is worse is the people surrounding him are not to be trusted either. In another 9/11 attack we could be nuked in the confusion. Only positive take on it is the Russians could be ruled out without the need for back channels as the whitehouse has obvious front channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He has nothing to take with him as evidence to the court. That will be his fundamental problem. Yes he will go, and the judges will dismiss it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

aloyisious wrote: »
    The reality is that an uncertain number of his fan base will believe what he's repeatedly been telling them, that he will lose the election due to it being rigged against him [and against them as they voted for him] and they [absolutely law-abiding people that they are] are likely going to protest the vote result with effect. He's been setting the post-election situation on the ground for nearly a year now.

Edit: I'm unsure as to what he can, or can't do legally as president, during the period between election and the swearing into office on Jan 21, 2021 of his successor.

Legally, he can do anything he has been able to do since jan 2017 up to inaugeration day in Jan 2021

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Water John wrote: »
    Trump listed the Fox News programmes he had watched since the previous day. It totalled 7 hours. It now has become just a loop. Add on the other lunatics in the mix.

Doesn't this show he does nothing?

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Legally, he can do anything he has been able to do since jan 2017 up to inaugeration day in Jan 2021

Cannot remember which pod talked about this, think it was talkingfeds, they said they ran scenarios with Lincoln project guys standing in as Republicans, and they did all the could to make the next administrations transition hell. They destroyed files, cover their tracks and ran everything into the ground. Does this sound like something the Trump administration would do? :rolleyes: Considering the professional olive branch the Obama Admin had ready for Trump, which he totally ignored, I doubt the favour would be returned. This is well documented in The Fifth Risk, book by Michael Lewis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He has nothing to take with him as evidence to the court. That will be his fundamental problem. Yes he will go, and the judges will dismiss it.

That won't stop him from whipping his base into a frenzy, though. As he said himself yesterday, he's ready to get "vicious" now. The fact remains that once he leaves office he'll be open to all sorts of legal proceedings. You can be quite sure that he's well aware of that.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Cannot remember which pod talked about this, think it was talkingfeds, they said they ran scenarios with Lincoln project guys standing in as Republicans, and they did all the could to make the next administrations transition hell. They destroyed files, cover their tracks and ran everything into the ground. Does this sound like something the Trump administration would do? :rolleyes: Considering the professional olive branch the Obama Admin had ready for Trump, which he totally ignored, I doubt the favour would be returned. This is well documented in The Fifth Risk, book by Michael Lewis.

Werent the Clinton Admin accused of removing all the letter W keys from the computers before the Bush transition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

My posts are related to Stones comments regarding Marshall law should Trump lose the election.

My point is that these comments were made by Stone not Trump. There seems to be a push to say well if Stone said it then Trump might do it.

Which is clearly ridiculous

Why is it ridiculous to assume trump would listen to a person he holds in high esteem for advice?

We have seen previously who he takes ideas from and the brain trust in fox and friends surely don't hold a candle to stone.

He won't do it, he won't be allowed. That is a different thing to saying he would not consider it because some idiot told him it would be a good idea.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

Is this a difficult strategy for him?.Will his base come out to vote for the Dear Leader if they have been told by him that they have already lost?

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Yep. More Republicans than Democrats will vote in person. That'll cause Trump to be ahead on election night, so he'll without doubt come out and declare victory.

Then, over the few days after that, the race will tighten as absentee ballots are counted. If Biden ends up pulling ahead, expect Trump to go straight to court to declare the absentee ballots null and void.

I think if you have a result out of Florida, which should come at 8.30/9 on election night that declares Biden has won the state you can go to sleep easy, election is over.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Deep State, though. His followers already believe that. Or pretend to, to give themselves cover.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

PropJoe10 wrote: »

yeah thats a good summary about what is most likely to happen post election. The Dems really need to head this off by the pass and get it into American peoples heads that the election wont have a result on the night of November 3rd and its likely to be two or three days afterwards.

I wonder is Trump himself voting by mail or will he fly down to Florida to do so. It probably wouldnt surprise anyone at this stage for him to vote by mail himself and then after the election to say that mail in ballots are fraudulent, its the kind of twilight zone that we are in with Trump at the helm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I think if you have a result out of Florida, which should come at 8.30/9 on election night that declares Biden has won the state you can go to sleep easy, election is over.

If my memory is right Florida, esp some counties within it are brutally slow counters. Isn't their one very incompetent woman in charge in some area of Florida, is she still in place?

Werent the Clinton Admin accused of removing all the letter W keys from the computers before the Bush transition?

Yeah I heard that, probably good hygiene to throw that sort of thing out, never know what a blacklight would show up with Bill about :) . If the worst thing Trump does is remove keys or burn 4 years of ridiculous foreign policy then it won't be too bad. Probably going to have to start from scratch in a lot of areas.

If my memory is right Florida, esp some counties within it are brutally slow counters. Isn't their one very incompetent woman in charge in some area of Florida, is she still in place?

Oh they can be disastrous, but it will be mostly mail in this year, ballots going out in a few days and should have a result relatively early in election night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Bloomberg is on record as saying he is prepared to spend up to a billion dollars if he feels it is needed. Any ideas why the Kochs are sitting this one out, Im surprised by that after the tax breaks Trump gave the billionaire class.
    i have read elsewhere that bloomberg has donated that amount, to be used in ads aimed at the cuban latino population

Brenda Snipes in Broward County... Resigned November then was fired days later by Gov Rick Scott as a final kick at her. She then said F.U. to Scott and rescinded her resignation on grounds of a deliberate attempt by Scott to tarnish her reputation and deny her the retirement entitlements she had earned. Scott went to Congress and DeSantis came in. Shortly afterwards, deSantis rescinded her firing and accepted her initial resignation.

Snipes 1: Scott 0

Her post is up for election November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

amandstu wrote: »
    Is this a difficult strategy for him?.Will his base come out to vote for the Dear Leader if they have been told by him that they have already lost?

No, I don't think it's a difficult one for him. He's not like most other politicians as he uses a different set of operating standards. They will turn out to vote as he's convinced them the Dems are trying to rig the election. It's not a past-tense vote situation yet. The rally yesterday had a big number of Trump disabled/wheelchair-bound young and elderly supporters present amongst the the erect voters, some of whom were wearing masks.

He's trying a slightly different tack today where the mail-in vote is concerned by claiming that it's unconstitutional to vote by mail. He's playing the cute hoor with this by not mentioning which constitution it's illegal under hoping that some people will fall for his ploy and say he's B/S-ing people. It's ok under the U.S constitution but several states have court cases ongoing about state admin's sending out ballots to voters allegedly contrary to the individual state constitutions and he's trying to confuse the voters about mail-in voting.

Just on Roger Stone- as a convicted felon does that mean he has no vote for this election?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just on Roger Stone- as a convicted felon does that mean he has no vote for this election?
    He could use a postal vote ?

I think he votes in Florida? If so, assuming he has discharged any outstanding conditions (I dont think there were any) he can vote away, in person or by mail...

I think I might support trump on this thread for next month. Could be a bit of craic

I think I might support trump on this thread for next month. Could be a bit of craic

Just so long as you bring sound and evidence based arguments with you, I'm sure you'd be very welcome. Sensible argument and high-standard debate/discussion from Trump supporters has been in very short supply for a while now, IMHO! Such an improvement as you would undoubtedly bring would be most welcome.. just remember to put yer big boy kaks on... facts and truth seem to have an adverse effect of some lads' sphincters...

I think he votes in Florida? If so, assuming he has discharged any outstanding conditions (I dont think there were any) he can vote away, in person or by mail...

I thought that once you are convicted of a crime in the US you lose your vote? Or is that just some states? I know Trump commuted his sentence but he didnt pardon him which means Stone is still a convicted felon.

• Advertisement

No, I don't think it's a difficult one for him. He's not like most other politicians as he uses a different set of operating standards. They will turn out to vote as he's convinced them the Dems are trying to rig the election. It's not a past-tense vote situation yet. The rally yesterday had a big number of Trump disabled/wheelchair-bound young and elderly supporters present amongst the the erect voters, some of whom were wearing masks.

He's trying a slightly different tack today where the mail-in vote is concerned by claiming that it's unconstitutional to vote by mail. He's playing the cute hoor with this by not mentioning which constitution it's illegal under hoping that some people will fall for his ploy and say he's B/S-ing people. It's ok under the U.S constitution but several states have court cases ongoing about state admin's sending out ballots to voters allegedly contrary to the individual state constitutions and he's trying to confuse the voters about mail-in voting.

Any tactic you can think of...
    And then many more you wudda thought not possible...

No tactic too dishonest..
    No lie too big..
    No truth needed...
    No reality needing portrayal..
    No fear too frightening..
    No accusation too disgusting..
    No area out of bounds...
    No abuse too abusive..
    No crime too criminal...
    No person too valuable..
    No code too unbreakable..

... for TRUMP to use it...

Welcome to Election 2020: The Final Leg...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement