Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If you could convert all the bullsh1t out of Trump's mouth into renewable energy, climate change wouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Faugheen wrote: »
    Biden has actually handled himself really well. It’s the old adage of not bringing himself down to Trump’s level.

I'm glad he hasn't gone low but he still needs to get the odd body blow in to take the wind out of Trumps sails.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

The problem here is Trump seems to be talking naturally while Biden is reading off a screen, Biden stumbles when he has to ad-lib while Trump sounds confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Trump on climate change: "We have to have immaculate air, immaculate water."

Tell that to the people of Flint

darced wrote: »
    The problem here is Trump seems to be talking naturally while Biden is reading off a screen, Biden stumbles when he has to ad-lib while Trump sounds confident.

He's what now?

• Advertisement

signostic wrote: »
    Good moderation by Wallace, only Fox News presenter with any guts..

The others would have let him trample all over Biden without interruption, which is his raison d'etre. Wallace has reduced Trump to a scorned child throwing cheap jibes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Trump on climate change: "We have to have immaculate air, immaculate water."

It's like a primary school kid spoofing his way through a science presentation. This is supposed to be 'the leader of the free world'.

That has been his whole premise through the whole debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭Patser

Trump losing badly on environment too.

Somehow relaxing emmisions regulations will make air cleaner and cars more efficient.

Biden with a big pledge on renewables and electric cars.

He's what now?

Biden is just reproducing a rehearsed speech, its pretty obvious.

Nuke the hurricanes - zinger from Joe there

• Advertisement

So not reading off a screen as you claimed. You mean Biden is prepared for the debates while Trump is winging it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,509 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

To be fair, he did call them stupid bastards. Context matters little in the ruckus.

Jesus Trump really coming off unhinged

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

And Trump would be wise to do the same instead of getting all ratty when Biden doesn’t listen to his bollocks.

He’s managed to tell white supremicists to ‘stand by’, he’s attacked the father of a dead bronze star soldier and then went after his other son’s drug problems.

All because he got rattled by Biden. He can’t help himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Thats called being prepared and capable.

Who wants to see a candidate for the most powerful office in the world shouting and rambling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

So you are basically saying that Biden was prepared. Wallace made a statement at the start of the debates that he had not shared the topics or the questions with the candidates nor the commission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭Patser

I'd say your right, but it's probably the best way to deal with this type of debate. Biden is addressing the camera confidently, speaking directly to the viewers in what are probably pre-prepared statements. But being prepared is not a bad thing, and it keeps the message clear.

Trump is rambling as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Wow, they gave him a rehearsed speech where they knew what trump was going to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Even the mod laughing at trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Wallace " I can't remember myself" referring to what Trump has been saying ..nice one!

• Advertisement

Good close by Biden there

Trump comes out with me, me, me!

signostic wrote: »
    Good moderation by Wallace, only Fox News presenter with any guts..
    Let Trump off too much at the start I thought.
    Biden stumbles when he has to ad-lib while Trump sounds confident.
    I'd sooner listen to a lecturer with a slight stutter than someone on a street corner raving and saying whatever the next word seems to be right whether it is or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Here comes rambling again - Topic will you accept results of election.

Trump getting louder, sounds rattled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Trump sounds like he needs psychiatric help. Clinton and Obama tried to instigate a coup?

Patser wrote: »
    I'd say your right, but it's probably the best way to deal with this type of debate. Biden is addressing the camera confidently, speaking directly to the viewers in what are probably pre-prepared statements. But being prepared is not a bad thing, and it keeps the message clear.

Trump is rambling as usual

I don't think that type of debating works anymore, I could be proven wrong but the days of rehearsed statements while looking down a camera are behind us.

Again Trump hitting the notes for his base, not appealing to undecided voters at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Jesus christ, can he coherently finish a sentence ???

Will trump still call it a fraud if he wins?

• Advertisement

I don't think that type of debating works anymore, I could be proven wrong but the days of rehearsed statements while looking down a camera are behind us.

If the other option is shouting and xenophobic dog whistles, the world is ****ed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement