Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Here's the deal...

Trump wanted to have the memorable comment of the debate similar to "well you would be in jail"

He got it in this one but for all of the wrong reasons.

"Stand back but stand by"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I would love to see anyone claim trump won that and be able to back it up...

They're saying that it was probably a draw, which means he most definitely lost it.

Didn't denounce White Supremacy.
    Alienated people in a swing state.
    Appeared incredibly petulant.
    Was asked to talk about policy, and just spoke about Biden as VP.

Biden campaign will be pleased tonight. Worst that can happen is a 2:1 debate loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Trump wanted to have the memorable comment of the debate similar to "well you would be in jail"

He got it in this one but for all of the wrong reasons.

"Stand back but stand by"

Did he say stand back but stand by? I thought it was stand back and stand by.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

rosser44 wrote: »
    The way Biden turned on him when he went after Beau and Hunter will appeal to parents

His honesty about Hunter's drug problems, as he spoke to camera, will also strike a chord with a lot of parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭hynesie08

A world class **** show from beginning to end. I tip my hat to Joe Biden for not succumbing to the scumbag jibes about his dead son.

Biden won comfortably, not by being fantastic, but because trump threw his toys out of the pram when asked such hard hitting questions as "what are your policies".

Trump tried to make covid about him, completely and utterly stooped to unspeakable lows, and initiated a private army.

America, I love you, but you are ****ed.

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »
    Did he say stand back but stand by? I thought it was stand back and stand by.

Either is terrible for him

Black lad on CNN hitting the nail on the head about the refusal to denounce White Supremacy. It's absolutely mental.

Either is terrible for him

Which did he say? one is way worse than the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Trump getting a hammering on CNN, even Rick Santoram ccant defend him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'd love to know how Fox News are going to spin that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Full sentence was "Proud boys, stand back and stand by" which I can see becoming a tagline on numerous nutcase accounts in the coming months.

https://twitter.com/AllisonLHedges/status/1311130504398360576

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Black lad on CNN hitting the nail on the head about the refusal to denounce White Supremacy. It's absolutely mental.

Just saw that too. Really strong from him. Proud Boys apparently taking it as an OK for further action is scary, they see themselves as his brownshirts

Which did he say? one is way worse than the other.

My apologies its "stand back and stand by".

signostic wrote: »
    Trump getting a hammering on CNN, even Rick Santoram ccant defend him...

2020 is a really fecked up year when I'm hearing Santorum speak and going "this man speaks sense":eek:

Full sentence was "Proud boys, stand back and stand by" which I can see becoming a tagline on numerous nutcase accounts in the coming months.

https://twitter.com/AllisonLHedges/status/1311130504398360576

I thought that, misquoting Trump just works in his favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

They're saying that it was probably a draw, which means he most definitely lost it.

Didn't denounce White Supremacy.
    Alienated people in a swing state.
    Appeared incredibly petulant.
    Was asked to talk about policy, and just spoke about Biden as VP.

Biden campaign will be pleased tonight. Worst that can happen is a 2:1 debate loss.

I was only able to half watch it as I was working, the start had me terrified, Biden looked all over the place. That other clown just kept shouting every 30 seconds. In the end Biden came out looking like at least an adult. I think it was better than I expected for Biden, I feared the worst. Trump proved all the reports coming out of the Whitehouse as true. A total child. No policies. No morals. When he interupted, Biden should of said "Law and order? He can't even abide by the laws of this debate", or something similar. Good thing the Proud boys are on stand by :rolleyes:

Just saw that too. Really strong from him. Proud Boys apparently taking it as an OK for further action is scary, they see themselves as his brownshirts

They're a bunch of spineless turds for the most part. Obviously the main concern is that he's saying that about any ridiculous group like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

The debate was a sh*t show primarily due to Trump. I know Wallace is getting some criticism too, and maybe that would be warranted in a normal debate, but God knows how you are supposed to moderate a man-child like Trump.

Biden didn't have any major gaffs like Rick Perry forgetting his third point; but Trump's "stand back, stand by" is a spectacular own goal.

I thought Biden was stronger here than in most of his primary debates where he often came across as angry and shouty. Tonight he seemed mostly calm but passionate.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Don Lemon, was it?

I’m watching on ABC as I don’t have CNN. Very much the same analysis there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,833 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I thought that, misquoting Trump just works in his favour.

The actual quote seems to be doing more than enough damage...

• Advertisement

Again Trump hitting the notes for his base, not appealing to undecided voters at all.

His mates at Fox will say he did a brilliant debate, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Faugheen wrote: »
    Don Lemon, was it?

I’m watching on ABC as I don’t have CNN. Very much the same analysis there too.

Van Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

brooke 2 wrote: »
    His mates at Fox will say he did a brilliant debate, no doubt.

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/1311124892193107977

Unbelievable.

I'm off to bed,

Anyone claiming Trump won that was obviously not watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,833 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

RickBlaine wrote: »
    The debate was a sh*t show primarily due to Trump. I know Wallace is getting some criticism too, and maybe that would be warranted in a normal debate, but God knows how you are supposed to moderate a man-child like Trump.

Biden didn't have any major gaffs like Rick Perry forgetting his third point; but Trump's "stand back, stand by" is a spectacular own goal.

I thought Biden was stronger here than in most of his primary debates where he often came across as angry and shouty. Tonight he seemed mostly calm but passionate.

Yeah, was much much more impressed with Biden tonight than with his primary performances. Was an awful lot stronger tonight.

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Van Jones

I never watch CNN so unfamilliar with him but he comes across as a very powerful, intelligent and coherent speaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Van Jones

The racist Van Jones!

Guy lost me in 2016 coverage...how he is still there I don’t know.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If the other option is shouting and xenophobic dog whistles, the world is ****ed.

That's what his supporters turn up to hear at his rallies. They would be disappointed if he did not rant and rave. He is a 'Tell them all how it is' kind of guy, after all! :rolleyes:

RickBlaine wrote: »

Biden was fine and to be completely honest I don't see how anyone can be better than "decent" in a situation like that. You can't just let Trump speak over you the whole time and yes, speaking over him in retaliation isn't great but what are you meant to do?

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The actual quote seems to be doing more than enough damage...

Probably on CNN and twitter but that wont affect the election. Its hard to know when you can't get honest commentary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement