Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Its all projection. Always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'

Time, and time, and time, and time again that phrase comes to mind. You muddy the water and leave some people thinking 'Well both sides must be at it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Trump is not a fan of the EU, but he made a great case for a strong EU...without even talking about it.
    That debate was a disgrace for the USA.

Jesus Vance Jones nailing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,833 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

darced wrote: »
    Probably on CNN and twitter but that wont affect the election. Its hard to know when you can't get honest commentary.

Is there a way where failing to call out white supremacist groups doesn’t come across terribly?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Is there a way where it doesn’t come across terribly?!

Nope

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

darced wrote: »
    Probably on CNN and twitter but that wont affect the election. Its hard to know when you can't get honest commentary.

The commentary isn't the issue for Trump tonight.

Its what everyone heard him say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

If anything Trump is too timid.

If anything Trump is too timid.

You think?
    In what way was he timid tonight? Does the moderator constantly have to plead with someone to follow the rules and protocol appear like the actions of a timid person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The most important outcome of the debate for me was always how well Biden would do regardless of Trumps performance.

Biden was only average imo and that's no surprise. He's always been 'average' and I'm not convinced that's good enough despite what the polls say.

Proud boys now using "stand back stand by" as a slogan online. JFC he's trying to start a race war

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Biden came across really well imo, especially the longer it went on, a lot better than I’d feared.

He fulfilled the expectation that his campaign has been running on for months - that he’s a decent, steady guy who will be stable and solid for the country.

I agree. I rather despaired of Biden at the beginning and thought Trump came across better. But, as time went on, Biden showed himself to be a safe pair of hands and a decent person. Trump just could not stop himself from descending
    into the gutter, his natural habitat. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If Biden is going to make claims about members of trumps team, he needs to make sure he's got the right person. If Kelly Anne Conway didn't say that, she'll drag them over the coals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/elections/conway-says-the-more-violence-erupts-the-better-it-is-for-trumps-re-election-prospects.html
    “The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who’s best on public safety and law and order,” Ms. Conway said on “Fox & Friends.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

CNN - some child ran crying to bed because of Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

We can only hope the Pence v Harris debate goes somewhat more smoothly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We can only hope the Pence v Harris debate goes somewhat more smoothly...

It will look like how a debate should look like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I thought Trump came out of the blocks quite well. Now, obviously, nothing he said was actually true, but his relentless jabber seemed to have Biden rattled and he looked tired and old in those first 10-15 minutes. I feared an epic collapse by Biden. He managed to rescue it as the debate went on. He's far from inspiring, it's hard to know what he really stands for and his gaffes are not great: he does look and talk like a man who is nearly 80.

But, Trump, is just a horrible being. Endless windbaggery, constant interruption, zero actual substance, blatant lies - just awful. How anyone, right or left, Republican or Democrat, could vote for that is truly beyond me. It never stops being shocking that he's the President. Surely, enough is enough. What a horrible, horrible man.

In short: Trump would be absolutely annihilated by a younger fresher candidate, but, he's so bad that Biden - for all his flaws - probably will do it.

Full sentence was "Proud boys, stand back and stand by" which I can see becoming a tagline on numerous nutcase accounts in the coming months.

https://twitter.com/AllisonLHedges/status/1311130504398360576

Wow. Sounds worse when you hear it again!! That should definitely lose him some swing voters.....a lot, one would hope!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In the context that Biden is ahead, that went very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭hynesie08

johnmcdnl wrote: »

Brilliant, it was one of my complaints about Biden, he kept saying generic statements about "people in your camp". I'm very happy he didn't mess that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Trump is trying to appeal to suburban mothers here, he’s failed miserably.

Full sentence was "Proud boys, stand back and stand by" which I can see becoming a tagline on numerous nutcase accounts in the coming months.

It literally took minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,593 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Trump not denouncing the white Supremacists was absolutely shocking.

All he had to do was say it and yet he didn't do it. He flat out pandered to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Thought Trump won that debate fairly comfortably. I honestly don't think Biden has what it takes to be the President.

If the way to decide a winner was based on being the shoutiest then yes.

Anything else I would disagree with you.

Arghus wrote: »
    Trump not denouncing the white Supremacists was absolutely shocking.

All he had to do was say it and yet he didn't do it. He flat out pandered to them.

This is a scary indication of the lengths he will go to.

The game of thrones quote "He would see this country burn if he could be King of the ashes" could turn out to be morbidly apt.

White supremacists will be cheering tonight.

A lot of people scared at what they heard from Trump in this debate, even though it is not new or surprising.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

RobertKK wrote: »
    Trump is not a fan of the EU, but he made a great case for a strong EU...without even talking about it.
    That debate was a disgrace for the USA.

The winner was Putin, whose goal it is to systematically destroy confidence in democracy. The American debate idea was destroyed for whatever it had been worth if a candidate shouts it down. Why would any other country aspire to it..

Trump shouting for 90 minutes is all that will be remembered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,834 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Even republican party advisors can't defend the stand back, stand by remark is insane.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement