Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I see the false equivalences are back and constantly being trotted out. I'll take them seriously when Biden tells Antifa to get ready to monitor polling stations. Until then it's just white noise.

It's the noise of looting and business being burnt down. Trump is rightly taken to task, and held accountable for his words. Why is it so hard to do the same for others?

It's the noise of looting and business being burnt down. Trump is rightly taken to task, and held accountable for his words. Why is it so hard to do the same for others?

Last I checked Antifa are not an organization, it's an ideology. There is no leader of Antifa to "take to task". FBI director Wray has said as much himself. As for the civil unrest, it's almost like there is something causing that, a kind of lack of accountability in something. Asking BLM to be collectively accountable for looting is like asking every police officer to be accountable for innocents killed in police shootings. Actually it is, so maybe once police are held accountable for murder then riots wouldn't be occuring. A store can be looted and burned down and insurance would cover the damage. A cop killing someone has no insurance.

Last I checked Antifa are not an organization, it's an ideology. There is no leader of Antifa to "take to task". FBI director Wray has said as much himself. As for the civil unrest, it's almost like there is something causing that, a kind of lack of accountability in something. Asking BLM to be collectively accountable for looting is like asking every police officer to be accountable for innocents killed in police shootings. Actually it is, so maybe once police are held accountable for murder then riots wouldn't be occuring. A store can be looted and burned down and insurance would cover the damage. A cop killing someone has no insurance.

BLM personages have been quite public in advocating for looting et al. Politicians have happily facilitated this carry-on, from state to national level. It's so convenient that there's no one who can be held accountable for actual violence and destruction. Guess it's no one's fault. Except white folks obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

BLM personages have been quite public in advocating for looting et al. Politicians have happily facilitated this carry-on, from state to national level. It's so convenient that there's no one who can be held accountable for actual violence and destruction. Guess it's no one's fault. Except white folks obviously.

I'm aware of less than a handful of people who have participated in BLM marches suggesting such a thing. And every top politician has visibly and audibly denounced any acts of violence.

Is everyone in the Trump Administration a racist given that Stephen Miller has tried to push the works of White Nationalists?

(Maybe not so ludicrous a question given Trumps affinity with such groups of course)

I'm aware of less than a handful of people who have participated in BLM marches suggesting such a thing. And every top politician has visibly and audibly denounced any acts of violence.

Is everyone in the Trump Administration a racist given that Stephen Miller has tried to push the works of White Nationalists?

(Maybe not so ludicrous a question given Trumps affinity with such groups of course)

I wouldn't take your "awareness" of anything as a standard to base an opinion on, given your posting history.

I'm sure all those BLM folks looting were preaching tenets of non-violent civil disobedience while ambling off with arm loads of Gucci reparations.

Words are wind, when the persons action speak to the contrary. Democrats have been happy to benefit from the unrest in our cities, as evidence by numerous members politicians publicly supporting and inflaming protests. Witness Biden, Harris and others denouncing police brutality in incidents that were anything but, Brooks, Jacobs Brown etc. Naked opportunism, that serves to push a false narrative and add fuel and legitimacy to violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh it seems the cracks are starting to widen at Fox News. I’ve seen a clip from John roberts getting as pissed off at the proud boys answer that trump gave about not knowing them. It seems the actual journalists at Fox are tired or trying to spin the rubbish the president comes up with.

I wouldn't take your "awareness" of anything as a standard to base an opinion on, given your posting history.

I'm sure all those BLM folks looting were preaching tenets of non-violent civil disobedience while ambling off with arm loads of Gucci reparations.

Words are wind, when the persons action speak to the contrary. Democrats have been happy to benefit from the unrest in our cities, as evidence by numerous members politicians publicly supporting and inflaming protests. Witness Biden, Harris and others denouncing police brutality in incidents that were anything but, Brooks, Jacobs Brown etc. Naked opportunism, that serves to push a false narrative and add fuel and legitimacy to violence.

You're not allowing yourself to be burdened with the weight of reality I see.

What actions of Biden or other Democrats belied their words which they issued denouncing violence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh it seems the cracks are starting to widen at Fox News. I’ve seen a clip from John roberts getting as pissed off at the proud boys answer that trump gave about not knowing them. It seems the actual journalists at Fox are tired or trying to spin the rubbish the president comes up with.

That indeed was a great clip. "Stop deflecting, stop blaming the media." The deer in the headlights expression on the face of the other Fox journalist is priceless. John Roberts stood his ground, rare thing these days.

https://www.axios.com/fox-news-john-roberts-trump-white-supremacy-29005b2a-7bd3-46f5-a992-dd4a30e2555a.html

Interesting comment in relation to that.

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1311705330557104129

During the DNC convention, Dana Perino said that Biden 'knocked it out of the park' and 'hit a home run' and we saw how Chris Wallace interviewed Trump a few weeks ago.

Can imagine the vibes when these people run in to the Sean Hannity's Justice Jeanine's and Carlson Tuckers.

You're not allowing yourself to be burdened with the weight of reality I see.

What actions of Biden or other Democrats belied their words which they issued denouncing violence?

Immediately coming out denouncing a police shooting before actual details were known. Framing it as police brutality in the public eye, which serves to inflame sentiment ahead of the election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/28/kamala-harris-jacob-blake-police-officer-404230

That's very irresponsible, both given the current tensions and her background with experience as a DA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Immediately coming out denouncing a police shooting before actual details were known. Framing it as police brutality in the public eye, which serves to inflame sentiment ahead of the election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/28/kamala-harris-jacob-blake-police-officer-404230

That's very irresponsible, both given the current tensions and her background with experience as a DA.

I dare say because of her background as a D.A she has more information about what happened and has a better idea of what should happen than you or I.

From your link
    "I think that there should be a thorough investigation and, based on what I've seen, it seems that the officer should be charged," Harris said in an interview with Craig Melvin of NBC’s “Today” that aired Friday morning.

Still reckon that is inflaming sentiment?

From your link

Still reckon that is inflaming sentiment?

Yea, given the complete lack of details at the time she made her statement. Love to know her grounds for that, given the only evidence was one Twitter video.

Yea, given the complete lack of details at the time she made her statement. Love to know her grounds for that, given the only evidence was one Twitter video.

You don't understand the phrase 'based on what I've seen' do you?

You don't understand the phrase 'based on what I've seen' do you?

I don't think you grasp that a public official ought to wait for an investigation to conclude before proffering an opinion as to what should happen. The fact she states that she believes an investigation should be carried out, but that the officer ahould be charged, even though she doesn't have the details says it all.

Pretty sure Trump has copped plenty of deserved flack for speaking in a similarly uniformed fashion about events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Tells how bad this WH sh1tshow has become when John Roberts is that pissed off. John is usually one of those that throw softballs to Trump at press briefings.

I don't think you grasp that a public official ought to wait for an investigation to conclude before proffering an opinion as to what should happen. The fact she states that she believes an investigation should be carried out, but that the officer ahould be charged, even though she doesn't have the details says it all.

Pretty sure Trump has copped plenty of deserved flack for speaking in a similarly uniformed fashion about events.

No Trump uses phrases like 'I've heard' or 'Many people say' or 'They say' or 'I'm told' as a preamble to a narrative he wants to push without ever disclosing these sources (case in point, John Roberts question to Kayleigh Mcmanemy today).

Harris was talking about a video everyone else had also seen. These two things are not the same.

No Trump uses phrases like 'I've heard' or 'Many people say' or 'They say' or 'I'm told' as a preamble to a narrative he wants to push without ever disclosing these sources (case in point, John Roberts question to Kayleigh Mcmanemy today).

Harris was talking about a video everyone else had also seen. These two things are not the same.

Of course they're not the same, one side supports your views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump certainly did on the cases of Flynn and Stone. Nice to keep governance and the judiciary separate like a functional democracy /s

Of course they're not the same, one side supports your views.

Yep. A view supported with video evidence which is referenced in the statement. Whereas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Water John wrote: »
    Tells how bad this WH sh1tshow has become when John Roberts is that pissed off. John is usually one of those that throw softballs to Trump at press briefings.

How the absolute fcuk did the POTUS not know who the proud boys were? He's that ignorant?

Kayley M. Knows their founder, and lied about not having heard of them prior to the debate. Laughable. Found that on Google.

Yep. A view supported with video evidence which is referenced in the statement. Whereas...

Evidence of an individual fighting police, disobeying clear and simple directives and making threatening actions.

Igotadose wrote: »
    How the absolute fcuk did the POTUS not know who the proud boys were? He's that ignorant?

Kayley M. Knows their founder, and lied about not having heard of them prior to the debate. Laughable. Found that on Google.

He's a liar, simple. They all are. I don't even know why they waste time asking him questions like that. We know he'll lie or say something inflammatory. Stop giving him oxygen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I saw this morning that the majority leader Mitch McConnell wanted to associate himself fully with comments made by senator Tim Scott who is black about the condemning on white supremacy that the president swung and missed on during the debate Tuesday night.

It's either a group of GOP senators got onto him about Trump's answers to Wallace or he wants to distance/insulate himself from Trump now. I doubt if it's the 2nd option he chose.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Hope Hicks has tested positive for coronavirus

https://twitter.com/jenniferjjacobs/status/1311820562587619333

She’s a close contact of President Trump. I wonder is it time for another round of hydroxycholoroquine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

listermint wrote: »
    one thing you can be sure of, trump not taking the presidents salary was for a very specific tax reason. Not out of genuine caring.

Good point. Since 1983 all federal employees, incl the President & V/P. pay social insurance and federal tax. If he declines to take the salary at all by revocation then he might avoid being listed as a taxed federal employee with the IRS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Hope Hicks flew with POTUS on Marine One on Wednesday along with;

Jared Kushner
    Stephen Miller
    Dan Scavino
    Nick Luna

POTUS confirms he is awaiting a test result along with Melania Trump and will quarantine. CNN confirming, Hope Hicks works closely with POTUS and has been all week, as above he flew in a confined space with all mentioned individuals.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311859538279239686

Worth noting, Trump did debate Biden with lots of shouting etc and the incubation period can have individuals asymptomatic for periods of time. Hope Hicks developed symptoms on Wednesday and according to a Doctor on CNN she could have been asymptomatic since Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Being cynical here, having Hope Hicks be declared as positive for Covid gets Trump out of the media attacks for 2 weeks. Could well be a staged response to have the white supremacy bad press die down.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Being cynical here, having Hope Hicks be declared as positive for Covid gets Trump out of the media attacks for 2 weeks. Could well be a staged response to have the white supremacy bad press die down.

Dont think so.

It gives the media free reign to say his strategy simply hasn't worked.
    If he comes back early, they can he's once again dismissing scientific advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement