Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Trump held an Oval Office meeting with Mike Pence on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well it’s hardly surprising given trumps attitude towards COVID-19 and by extension the White House and given there’s been at least a couple of others who have it and were in close contact with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Of course they're not the same, one side supports your views.

As much as people try to push a false equivalence, it doesn't exist.

There are historic wrongs that have not been righted. If you live in NC you know how segregated it is.

As far as I can tell one side is protesting against this whereas the other is protesting against highlighting this as a problem.

So with regards BLM, yeah you'll get the odd stupid anarchist who wants to wreck stuff and tear down the system and they need to be condemned and dealt with. But you will also get... To coin a great man's phrase... very fine people, protesting against a national historic injustice and a country that is a long way from making amends.

Whereas with the far right, yeah again you'll get the odd lunatic who drives cars into people. But the rest of them walking along chanting 'Jews will not replace us'. Well do you think their motive is morally equivalent to BLM??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

First Johnson, then Bolsonaro and now Trump, the only 3 major world leaders to contract it that im aware of, i wonder what they have in common......?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

VinLieger wrote: »
    First Johnson, then Bolsonaro and now Trump, the only 3 major world leaders to contract it that im aware of, i wonder what they have in common......?

All 3 are great leaders?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

VinLieger wrote: »

Yep.

Fcuk Scientists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Given how splendid his debate was... And his polling. I'd have to see the results being tested myself to believe this tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,737 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

listermint wrote: »
    Given how splendid his debate was... And his polling. I'd have to see the results being tested myself to believe this tbh.

Agreed. I'd put nothing past him at this stage.

That being said, I'd love to see a zoom debate between the two. Trump being muted would be so delicious. He'd blow his toupee right off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

What would happen if Biden got it off him at the debate and both candidates died from it. Neither of them is the healthiest specimen out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Over 70 and overweight. Odds are against him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

All 3 are great leaders?

That gave me a laugh. Keep them coming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Trump has Coronavirus

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54381848

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311892190680014849

Edit: Noticed its reported earlier above, what an eijet! to catch it mind

• Subscribers Posts: 41,737 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Lol welcome to one hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If Trump got really sick , is there any chance the election gets delayed?

You’d be so cynical of Trump, part of me wouldn’t put it past him to fake a bad dose.

The "left" always accuse the "right" of spewing conspiracy theories and hateful and disgusting remarks.

Let's see how this pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭listermint

And prior to this announcement, GOP operatives charged with felony voter suppression in Michigan...

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1311786765439639552?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The "left" always accuse the "right" of spewing conspiracy theories and hateful and disgusting remarks.

Again, what left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Drumpot wrote: »
    If Trump got really sick , is there any chance the election gets delayed?

You’d be so cynical of Trump, part of me wouldn’t put it past him to fake a bad dose.

No delay to the election, they could take his name off the ballot but some votes are already cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

About time tbh

Hopefully they both recover and suffer no long term problems relating to it but maybe gain a fresh perspective on the virus.

Edit: I don't think it's a false story put out by his team but it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility either and I've been wrong before.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

duploelabs wrote: »
    No delay to the election, they could take his name off the ballot but some votes are already cast.

No but seriously, imagine he got really bad or even died (he’s in the really high risk category), does the election go ahead while one candidate is at deaths door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd hate to be cynical, but is there any story that Trump could be trying to bury? Any court decision due today?

All I've found is the texas voter suppression and then there's this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/melania-trump-tape-recording-children-cages-border-christmas-decorations-b744562.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Drumpot wrote: »
    No but seriously, imagine he got really bad or even died (he’s in the really high risk category), does the election go ahead while one candidate is at deaths door?

Yes.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Serious questions need to be answered here;

Hope Hicks became symptomatic en-route a campaign event on Wednesday after travelling on Marine One with POTUS and “quarantined” on Air Force One, she then returned back to D.C. and back to the White House where a test confirmed early Thursday AM she was positive.

Trump then leaves to New Jersey on Thursday with a smaller than usual team and Kayleigh McEnany does a conference that afternoon with no mask as usual etc.

Bloomberg then breaks at 8pm EST last night that Hicks is positive for COVID-19; Trump phones Hannity live an hour later and says him and FLOTUS are awaiting test results.

You’d be mistaken for thinking this is simply a huge failure in the protection of the POTUS, it’s obvious he knew about Hicks before he left for NJ.

What’s going on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

listermint wrote: »
    And prior to this announcement, GOP operatives charged with felony voter suppression in Michigan...

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1311786765439639552?s=20

LOL he may be an idiot, a fraud, a troll and a criminal but lets just get this one straight Jacob Wohl is absolutely not a GOP operative.

Are you aware of some of the **** hes tried to pull, him and burkman paid a male stripper to lie and say Elizabeth warren paid him for sex.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/10/jacob-wohl-smear-attempt-just-makes-elizabeth-warren-seem-cool.html

And thats one of the least idiotic things hes done probably.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Let's drop the conspiracy theories. There's another forum for that. If you think someone is lying about having COVID-19, you'll need to something to substantiate it beyond mere speculation.

Also, posts that consist solely or mostly of gifs, memes, tweets, videos etc are not what this forum is for. You have to make a your own contribution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well, my immediate curiosity is scheduled based: has the WH updated its itinerary for the President? Because presumably at a minimum Trump will be in isolation for the next two weeks, with all commitments cancelled? One thing's for sure, Trump is getting the best medicine he can possibly ask for; I look forward to all the GOP toadies suddenly wishing a speedy recovery having downplayed or poo-poo'ed the crisis the last few months, putting their own constituents in danger with their loose talk. The Road to Damascus on display will be jarring.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well, my immediate curiosity is scheduled based: has the WH updated its itinerary for the President? Because presumably at a minimum Trump will be in isolation for the next two weeks, with all commitments cancelled? One thing's for sure, Trump is getting the best medicine he can possibly ask for; I look forward to all the GOP toadies suddenlyh wishing a speedy recovery having downplayed or poo-poo'ed the crisis the last few months, putting their own constituents in danger with their loose talk. The Road to Damascus on display will be jarring.

Cleared, ironically he has a one item on his agenda today remaining;

12:15 EST Phone in with Seniors on dealing with COVID-19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well, my immediate curiosity is scheduled based: has the WH updated its itinerary for the President? Because presumably at a minimum Trump will be in isolation for the next two weeks, with all commitments cancelled? One thing's for sure, Trump is getting the best medicine he can possibly ask for; I look forward to all the GOP toadies suddenly wishing a speedy recovery having downplayed or poo-poo'ed the crisis the last few months, putting their own constituents in danger with their loose talk. The Road to Damascus on display will be jarring.

He should follow the advice from the Lt. Governor from Texas, who might be out confiscating mail-in ballot boxes. Give it up for the younger people. Just get a quick bleach shot and a UV suppository, down the hatch with some Hydroxychloroquine (guess *that* helped him), and back on the trail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I guess this must be standard protocol, but apparently 2 aircraft capable of commanding a nuclear war, 1 on each coast, have turned on their transponders to let the rest of the world know not to piss about.

https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/status/1311883569086623744

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,234 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hurrache wrote: »
    I guess this must be standard protocol, but apparently 2 aircraft capable of commanding a nuclear war, 1 on each coast, have turned on their transponders to let the rest of the world know not to piss about.

https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/status/1311883569086623744
    You think China is looking at the news of trump getting Corona and thinking...now is our time to invade? Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement