Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Gael23 wrote: »
    What a nasty bitch

She is effectively saying that someone from the left went out to assassinate the POTUS. That is was being done via biological weapon, rather than the gun, doesn't diminish what she has speculated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

RIGOLO wrote:
    I know everyone here is with me when we wish a 74 year old man and his wife the best as they recover from their exposure to this pandemic infection .

I thought Trump declared it a Democratic hoax?

In all honestly, I hope he recovers, but I also hope he suffers just little enough to take this thing a bit seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Igotadose wrote: »
    It's fuzzy in the constitution. POTUS nominates, the Senate confirms. The constitution says 'appoints' with the advice and consent of the Senate, so it could be the case that
    1) Nomination trundles along
    2) Trump and Pence incapacitated, Pelosi becomes acting POTUS
    3) Senate approves
    4) Pelosi refuses to appoint. Lawsuits fly, go up to the current SCOTUS, which doesn't resolve till after the Inauguration. Or something

So, fun stuff. A President has never withdrawn a nomination that late - other candidates *have* been nominated and withdrawn before the Senate takes up the process, the most recent being the massively unqualified Harriet Myers that GWB nominated, she never got to the Judicial Committee stage, senior GOP senators took Bush behind the woodshed for that. Gave us John Roberts instead, he was qualified at least, unlike Myers.

Well Pelosi would be president so she could nominate whomever she wants.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

RIGOLO banned for ignoring his threadban.

@Every one else, please keep the conversation civil please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Twitter says Ivanka & Jared as well as Amy Coney Barrett have tested negative. But Ronna McDaniel, the RNC chairwoman is positive.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1312021288894988289

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,693 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Meanwhile, in a tv interview with Nancy Pelosi
    The speaker said she is awaiting her results, and said that she has concerns about the accuracy of the tests especially because of the current situation at the White House.

Now why would any situation in the White House or anywhere else affect the accuracy of the tests? Whatever is she talking about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

looksee wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in a tv interview with Nancy Pelosi

Now why would any situation in the White House or anywhere else affect the accuracy of the tests? Whatever is she talking about ;)

She's a funny lady. Any news on Biden. I guess he is on a day off so no test until monday or something :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

She's a funny lady. Any news on Biden. I guess he is on a day off so no test until monday or something :pac:

Well after winning the debate I think he deserves a day off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You would wonder will Trump make the election at all, if it hits him like it did Boris we wont be seeing him this side of November 3rd. Given 2 million Americans have already voted by mail that throws things up on the air. I suppose their votes would just go to Pence if he replaces him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,870 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You would wonder will Trump make the election at all, if it hits him like it did Boris we wont be seeing him this side of November 3rd. Given 2 million Americans have already voted by mail that throws things up on the air. I suppose their votes would just go to Pence if he replaces him?

The reporting is now that he is symptomatic, albeit the WH is being very vague regarding what the symptoms are.

If he is symptomatic, his exposure could be earlier than thought and the total number of people exposed could be far, far higher than just since Wednesday/Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Muahahaha wrote: »

I think it's all fine unless he dies. Like the election would make sense once he's still alive. If he carcks it though, reps would need time to sort out and put forward new candidate, then another election.

Small price to pay IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Midlife wrote: »
    I think it's all fine unless he dies. Like the election would make sense once he's still alive. If he carcks it though, reps would need time to sort out and put forward new candidate, then another election.

Small price to pay IMO!

Won't work that way. Pence'll be the candidate. He'd need to choose a running mate (Pompeo? Haley?) This has been beaten about on this thread all day.

So, Trump dies, you're voting for President Pence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Igotadose wrote: »
    Won't work that way. Pence'll be the candidate. He'd need to choose a running mate (Pompeo? Haley?) This has been beaten about on this thread all day.

So, Trump dies, you're voting for President Pence.

Not true, the GOP would vote for a new presidential candidate which could well be Pence, although Pence would assume the presidency until the inauguration.
    According to the rules of the Republican National Committee (RNC), a vacancy for the candidacy in the case of death would be filled in the same manner that a presidential candidate is selected during the national convention.

The 168 members of the RNC - three from every US state, and three from the six territories of the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands - would cast their votes and the candidate would be elected by a majority.

It is a requirement for the RNC to re-elect their new presidential candidate and so it would not automatically fall to the current vice president Mike Pence, although he would constitutionally be required to fill the role of president in the interim period.

https://news.sky.com/story/us-election-2020-what-happens-if-trump-becomes-incapacitated-or-dies-12087574

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The way I look at it is this

Trump held mass rallies, he encouraged his base to turn up and very few wore masks. We dont know how many people may have been infected or even died due to this.

Trump, the most protective man in the world, tested every day (apparently) has now caught Covid.

Surely now/when he recovers is the time for him to stop holding rallies like this and its time for his supporters to understand that covid is a real thing, its a real threat and they need to start wearing masks and be sensible when it comes to social distancing .

Plus he, and his son, are urging his supporters to do things risky for their own health and that of others. Enlist in an "army" to safeguard the election, turn up at count centres to monitor the people inside. The odds of his supporters all wearing masks in either circumstance are slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Inquitus wrote: »
    Not true, the GOP would vote for a new presidential candidate which could well be Pence, although Pence would assume the presidency until the inauguration.

https://news.sky.com/story/us-election-2020-what-happens-if-trump-becomes-incapacitated-or-dies-12087574

Pence loves Zombie reganism and is a darling of the religious right.

He will be choice if Trump goes down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Odds of the GOP finding a way to parachute in one of Trump's sons if the unspeakable happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Has tested negative, as has his wife.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1312065485400346625

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just curious lads but trump hasn’t tweeted since last night and does anyone know for record time between tweets not including overseas issues where he couldn’t tweet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

TheCitizen wrote: »
    After voting him in in the first place you honestly don't think those who voted for him aren't truly stupid? We already know the stupidity they are capable of replicated by the UK electorate.

Talking with an American I know today online, his words...

'Trump is the first president to ever care about America'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭eire4

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Talking with an American I know today online, his words...

'Trump is the first president to ever care about America'

The words cognitive dissonance and reality come to mine there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Had the China Virus, had a wonderful time with it, better than everyone else, and you know what, I beat it, I am the greatest at beating viruses, I was once given a medal of honour by a hospital. The virus is weak. Easily defeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh it seems the cracks are starting to widen at Fox News. I’ve seen a clip from John roberts getting as pissed off at the proud boys answer that trump gave about not knowing them. It seems the actual journalists at Fox are tired or trying to spin the rubbish the president comes up with.

I saw that. Couldn't believe the unflappable John Roberts lost his cool! :eek:

I'd say the press who travelled with Trump were pissed off that they had to learn from the media that Trump had the virus. Apparently, the White House was keeping it quiet. They did not have the courtesy to inform the Bidens either, which was deplorable,:D considering how loudly, and often, Trump shouted towards Biden at the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's not a time of crisis, it's a self inflicted dose of Covid he has caught due to his own cavalier attitude and negligence.

Just heard on CNN that 46,000 other people in the US received the same news today as the Trumps did, i.e. they have Covid 19.

Trump has been so negligent in dealing with this virus from the beginning, that nobody, apart from his cult, will have much sympathy for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,776 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I saw that. Couldn't believe the unflappable John Roberts lost his cool! :eek:

I'd say the press who travelled with Trump were pissed off that they had to learn from the media that Trump had the virus. Apparently, the White House was keeping it quiet. They did not have the courtesy to inform the Bidens either, which was deplorable,:D considering how loudly, and often, Trump shouted towards Biden at the debate.

There’s a certain phrase in Ireland that begins with k that I associate with trump

The more I hear about him the stronger the association is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭abff

kingtiger wrote: »
    Had the China Virus, had a wonderful time with it, better than everyone else, and you know what, I beat it, I am the greatest at beating viruses, I was once given a medal of honour by a hospital. The virus is weak. Easily defeated.

I would expect something along those lines if he manages to recover fully from the virus, particularly if he does so without incurring severe symptoms. Maybe not quite as childishly expressed, but probably not all that much better

I've seen a lot of speculation that this is all a ruse. While I think Trump is certainly capable of deliberately falsifying facts in order to suit his objectives, I can't see his ego allowing him to pretend that he is 'weak' enough to catch the virus.

His comment about John McCain shows how his mind works:

"He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured."

That displays a macho mindset that doesn't tolerate any weakness or any 'loss'. If this is a ruse, then it goes totally against everything he has demonstrated about himself over the past four years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump has been given regeneron, which is an antibody drug in trial ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Water John wrote: »
    Trump has been given regeneron, which is an antibody drug in trial ATM.

"Catches" virus

Takes trial drug

Makes miraculous recovery

Hey america, we have a cure, all hail Trump.

To add to the John roberts video, we can add Chris Wallace again who isn’t going to play along to the trump tune on the virus. It’s taken a while but it’s happened.

https://twitter.com/franzstrasser/status/1312114942653288449?s=21

Also, Chris Wallace is saying that trump turned up late to the debate on Tuesday and couldn’t be tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

They now tell us Trump has a fever since morning.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    They now tell us Trump has a fever since morning.

I missed that news this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement