Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

What?

Some say it’s a con designed to get attention and sympathy

What do you mean by the question what?

It could be a con but I severly doubt it. This administration is not very good at doing things like this. He wouldn't have the Republicans to bail him out this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

I see no hydroxychloroquine treatment for the Donald from his physician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What a fecking pathetic baby, laughing and joking about it right up to mocking his opponent for wearing masks last night but the minute it affects him its helicopters on the lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Cnn is a big outpouring of sympathy.....I think if he beats this, it might be what he needs to win re election. His opponents can't criticise him now/ investigations are halted. Its 24/7 trump coverage and for once its not negative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Cnn is a big outpouring of sympathy.....I think if he beats this, it might be what he needs to win re election. His opponents can't criticise him now/ investigations are halted. Its 24/7 trump coverage and for once its not negative

A dangerous prospect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The problem for him however is that it puts Covid crisis in the front and center of ever news cycle rather than the topics he'd wish to talk about (i.e. America first policies, jobs, riots etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

What CNN are you watching? The one I'm seeing is full of criticism, including the chronic problem of spin and not-exactly-truth coming out of the WH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Augme

CNN are only going for the sympathy because they don't know how had it is and don't want to go over board on someone who could be in a serious way.

But if he makes a recovery I expect Trump to get hammered by the media because he never took the virus seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Augme wrote:
    But if he makes a recovery I expect Trump to get hammered by the media because he never took the virus seriously.

And rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Augme wrote: »
    CNN are only going for the sympathy because they don't know how had it is and don't want to go over board on someone who could be in a serious way.

And rightly so. Act like a baby, live with the consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

If he survives this he will use it to his advantage, there will no conversion like Paul on the road Damascus, take a look at Boris, he didnt change one iota after his brush with death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭abff

Augme wrote: »

I think that would be a mistake. It would play right into his victimhood and his “the fake news media are out to get me” shtick. I think a middle line needs to be struck between being all sympathetic and the alternative of saying that he brought it on himself and that he deserves everything that happens to him.

Trump needed something to change in the election for him to win it, this could be it

CNN according to a source is saying that Trump has been ''spooked'' by his diagnosis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Jim Acosta reporting he never seen so many of the WH media team wearing masks, horse, stable and bolted comes to mind.

President Trump says he feels he is doing very well.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1312158400352972800?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That was probably fired out by a handler, is there a time stamp?

The media are hilarious, almost insulted that he didn't stop for a chat.

As for the notion this is a ploy, cop on. The makes Covid 19 the only topic in America for the rest of the campaign. The one thing he really doesn't want examined (along with his tax records) as it'll focus the population on the following - the health of the POTUS, whether he'd be compromised should apparently recover, what happens if he dies or becomes incapacitated, the state of the country with over 200k dead. Covid Covid Covid and how it got Donald J Trump. He'll hate every moment of this.

The media are hilarious, almost insulted that he didn't stop for a chat.

As for the notion this is a ploy, cop on. The makes Covid 19 the only topic in America for the rest of the campaign. The one thing he really doesn't want examined (along with his tax records) as it'll focus the population on the following - the health of the POTUS, whether he'd be compromised should apparently recover, what happens if he dies or becomes incapacitated, the state of the country with over 200k dead. Covid Covid Covid and how it got Donald J Trump. He'll hate every moment of this.

Exactly I couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He looks exhausted in that video clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

No investigations get halted if a person involved gets I'll.

• Advertisement

How many different clips do you reckon he pre-recorded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭listermint

How many different clips do you reckon he pre-recorded?

A plethora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Actually he never communicates in this manner in his own Twitter. It is usually insults or statements of his own making. Not awkward videos that look like they were 1 of 20 different types of videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watched the president leave the White House and arrive at Walter Reed hospital and does he normally grab both rails going into marine one ? I could be overthinking that and in that video it was interesting to here him say he thinks he’s doing okay and the First Lady is doing okay. He didn’t look his usual upbeat self but as I’m sure those of us who’s had a temperature and been sick over the years I leaves you feeling ****e.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just watched the president leave the White House and arrive at Walter Reed hospital and does he normally grab both rails going into marine one ? I could be overthinking that and in that video it was interesting to here him say he thinks he’s doing okay and the First Lady is doing okay. He didn’t look his usual upbeat self but as I’m sure those of us who’s had a temperature and been sick over the years I leaves you feeling ****e.

yeap I noticed that, also thought someone would need to wipe that down. He did look weak though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,832 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Given that the suite in Walter Reed would have to be readied for him in anti-viral mode, made airtight, PPE and other gear readied in place, the medics are not taking any chances with him dying under their care. It's only a few short weeks since his unexpected visit there so they cant ignore a chance of his body not being capable of fighting a virus off if it's been weakened recently.

In other election news, Arizona state government has been told by a federal court that two separate state laws which affect the voting rights of citizens there are unconstitutional under the U.S constitution. Arizona is appealing the ruling to the USSC but it will not be hearing the appeal before the election as it's caseload is full until weeks after the election. It seems that the lower court ruling will have effect until such time as the USSC gets around to hear the appeal. One of the laws made ballots cast by persons at centres outside their precinct area invalid and the other affected the voting rights of minorities; native-Americans, Blacks and one other minority.

The conspiracy theory going around is that it was a double on the lawn and that's why he didn't speak to the camera. Obviously silly but it has been done before.

The conspiracy theory going around is that it was a double on the lawn and that's why he didn't speak to the camera. Obviously silly but it has been done before.

ha !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭abff

If Trump’s condition gets worse, it will be a real test of the extent to which our sense of common decency has been eroded by almost four years of having him in the White House.

I am struggling to drum up some sympathy for him and I fear I may fail the test. But I just hope for all our sakes that this doesn’t trigger a global outbreak of schadenfreude and a host of poor taste jokes and gifs.

• Advertisement

Admin officials have started speaking to CNN;

1 - His condition is worse than Melania's

2 - He has classic symptoms however WH concerned that he will deteriorate.

3 - He has been alarmed all day as symptoms began displaying.

It's a sad state of affairs it took months of lying about this for the POTUS and WH to become infected. None of it needed to happen, watch now as the GOP and FOX swarm those not willing to rightly show sympathy for a COVID denier who has spread this disease at unnecessary rallies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement