Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

WH Press Pool have been told Trump's vitals in the last 24hrs have been very concerning and the next 48 will be critical.

This is a complete contradiction of the briefing.
    Date: October 3, 2020 at 12:06:05 PM EDT
    Subject: In-town pool report #7

Pooler passes along these comments on background from a source familiar with the president’s health.

“The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”

Cheryl Bolen
    Bloomberg Law
    202-xxx-xxxx mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,542 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jack1985 wrote: »
    WH Press Pool have been told Trump's vitals in the last 24hrs have been very concerning and the next 48 will be critical.

This is a complete contradiction of the briefing.

Is there published reporting on this?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Is there published reporting on this?

Just linked the WH Press Pool report - in original post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This is getting ridiculous. How hard is it to have the facts of when the president of the United States was confirmed as positive with covid. Also, why the evasive answers on many reasonable questions that don’t break any confidentiality. I mean the test results may be fine but when you leave doubt then people fill the vagueness with incorrect info.

Here's WH Chief of Staff Mark Meadows asking to be taken off the record; Pretty clear where this background source is from now for the WH Pool report. Cheryl Bolen walks off with him from Bloomberg, she supplied the pool report.

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1312429131079057409?s=20

What a laugh of an administration.

• Advertisement

The AP and NYT are reporting that president trump received supplemental oxygen before leaving the White House yesterday. Seems like the White House staff are doing their best canary in cages impression. They are singing like mad off the record obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Add Chris Christie to the list of confirmed cases.

That 72 hours gaffe by the presidents doctors was enlightening and shows that they may not be telling the public the full truth.

There was a poster on one of the other threads last night claiming there is no way medical doctors would underplay how serious his condition is. I think that contention is out the window already now that they've been caught rotten underplaying his condition, no way would Trump allow them tell the full truth. Next 48 hours are crucial for Trump in what way this goes.

Also Chris Christie is another one who wouldnt be in the greatest of shape and he is now positive as well as the other two Republican senators. Has anyone heard if William Barr has tested negative yet? I think we could be seeing more than just Trump ending up in hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,832 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Here's WH Chief of Staff Mark Meadows asking to be taken off the record; Pretty clear where this background source is from now for the WH Pool report. Cheryl Bolen walks off with him from Bloomberg, she supplied the pool report.

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1312429131079057409?s=20

What a laugh of an administration.

Hardly coincidental that Bloomberg broke the original positive test result news.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I wish them all a full and speedy recovery and all, but there aren't enough GOP senators now to confirm a SCOTUS nomination.

Because they were all hugging and smoothing at in the Rose Garden they ACB was announced as the nominee. I'm sorry, but that is hilarious.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd say Christie is ****ting it alright, he's wealthy and can get the best available doctors and treatment but still. When you know how poorly you are in terms of physical health it must be terrifying.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    I wish them all a full and speedy recovery and all, but there aren't enough GOP senators now to confirm a SCOTUS nomination.

Because they were all hugging and smoothing at in the Rose Garden they ACB was announced as the nominee. I'm sorry, but that is hilarious.

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has just asked for a two week recess at the Senate as more GOP senators are expected to test positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,832 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Mitch McConnell is asking for a recess of *** days senate legislative action which means he's running scared of the GOP majority presently able to attend the chamber for voting not being there due to covid-infection. That would affect whatever deal Steve Mnuchin and the Dems came to for the benefit of the U.S unemployed, by way of no vote on it, let alone it going to Trump [or his locum] for signature.

Edited on seeing Jack1985's two week recess post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Are people stil feeling that Trump deserves sympathy when we knew he was positive and still attending an indoor fundraiser? I mean come on?

The guy knowing put other at risk simply to raise some cash for himself? I don't even know how to classify such behaviour, I mean selfish is no where near sufficient.

That so many other in the administration were prepared to lie, through omission, about such a vital important event, should make every American deeply suspicious of anything and everything that this WH says.

They initially tried to lay it all at the feet of Hicks, certainly that was the impression allowed to be created yesterday as the story developed. At whilst Hicks certainly played a role, it would appear that see was infected at the same event of POTUS, rather than being the source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Brian? wrote: »

Unless the GOP senators are incapable of raising their hands, they'll find a way to vote on the nomination. They'd dig them out of graves and run electricity through them if they could get that vote to count. They've no other purpose now than to confirm this (in my opinion) very unqualified judge.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Muahahaha wrote: »
    There was a poster on one of the other threads last night claiming there is no way medical doctors would underplay how serious his condition is. I think that contention is out the window already now that they've been caught rotten underplaying his condition, no way would Trump allow them tell the full truth. Next 48 hours are crucial for Trump in what way this goes.

Also Chris Christie is another one who wouldnt be in the greatest of shape and he is now positive as well as the other two Republican senators. Has anyone heard if William Barr has tested negative yet? I think we could be seeing more than just Trump ending up in hospital.

Barr is refusing to Quarantine
    Attorney General Bill Barr is facing a mounting avalanche of criticism and concern over his decision to forego quarantine procedures after he was recently in close contact with several people who have since tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

There are photos of him and KAC literally inches away from each other chatting away intently.

Poster boy for the utter stupidity of the entire administration

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Barr is refusing to Quarantine

There are photos of him and KAC literally inches away from each other chatting away intently.

Poster boy for the utter stupidity of the entire administration

Barr hugs Kellyanne Conway, wipes his nose with his hand and shakes hands with someone else. What is going on with these people it's insane.

20Cent wrote: »
    Barr hugs Kellyanne Conway, wipes his nose with his hand and shakes hands with someone else. What is going on with these people it's insane.

It'll be gone by the Summer!:rolleyes:

The MAGA COVID Superspreader Tour 2020;

https://twitter.com/wolfblitzer/status/1312460545719562241?s=20

Contact tracers must have their work cut out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Has Amy Cooney Barrett been tested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

She claims to have contracted it earlier this year. You raise a good question though, given some uncertainties as to whether you can get it again. I think the latest science is that you can't but I haven't kept up with it.

• Advertisement

Yes and she’s negative apparently but just because the people that got a negative result a couple of days ago shouldn’t be popping the champagne just yet as it’s unlikely that trump got it from hope hicks and tested positive the next day so I’d be waiting a couple more days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

I’m surprised that all of these people like Kellyanne Conway are even stating that they have it. Why aren’t they just concealing their test results? As admitting they all have it is making them look like the dangerous fools that they are.

Shelga wrote: »
    I’m surprised that all of these people like Kellyanne Conway are even stating that they have it. Why aren’t they just concealing their test results? As admitting they all have it is making them look like the dangerous fools that they are.

Conway's daughter outed her on TikTok.

The WH have attempted to conceal this, thankfully Jennifer Jacobs broke the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Absolutely, the WH did try to conceal it and got caught. Both by a leak and then by Trump having complications.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shelga wrote: »

She had it and lied to her own daughter. These people are hideous, why would anyone have sympathy for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Chris Christie now....
    https://twitter.com/GovChristie/status/1312416381758050305

They're falling like flies. Only a matter of time before one of the kids is positive....

Also, it's funny now they're calling it Covid-19 when up to now they've all been calling it the Chinese Virus....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,640 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Igotadose wrote: »
    She claims to have contracted it earlier this year. You raise a good question though, given some uncertainties as to whether you can get it again. I think the latest science is that you can't but I haven't kept up with it.

Yes it seems some can, a person in our local town has had it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FatherTed wrote: »
    Chris Christie now....
    https://twitter.com/GovChristie/status/1312416381758050305

They're falling like flies. Only a matter of time before one of the kids is positive....

Also, it's funny now they're calling it Covid-19 when up to now they've all been calling it the Chinese Virus....

No more than Trump, he looks like he's fond of the big macs. Would be hard to find a more unhealthy looking bunch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Water John wrote: »
    Yes it seems some can, a person in our local town has had it twice.
    From what I recall you can have it twice (or more theoretically) because there are mutations on the same virus meaning anti bodies against Covid19 A does not necessary protect against Covid19 B etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

FatherTed wrote: »

If Trump dies, I wonder if the GOP will spin it as the slowest assassination of all time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement