Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

He doesn’t get called out on it because it’s par for the course.

Red states great, blue states bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Faugheen wrote: »
    He doesn’t get called out on it because it’s par for the course.

Red states great, blue states bad.

Only for Trump.

Obama would have been slaughtered if he said he doesn't have to help red states and equally George W. if he said what Trump did.

Saying this is par for the course just shows how low Trump has brought American politics in 4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Just watched the comey rule, well worth watching, hopefully he ends up in court after the fact.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,529 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Just watched the comey rule, well worth watching, hopefully he ends up in court after the fact.....

It was good, not great. Took me a bit to get used to Brendan Gleeson as trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,729 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

duploelabs wrote:
    It was good, not great. Took me a bit to get used to Brendan Gleeson as trump

I really enjoyed it, thought gleeson done a great job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Another attempt at vote buying along with "No stimulus until after the election if I'm reelected." Free $200 for seniors on Medicare for some reason, what would that be? And, will these cards be signed?

https://www.alternet.org/2020/10/health-officials-are-in-a-mad-rush-to-finish-trumps-senior-drug-discount-cards-before-the-election-but-the-presidents-critics-are-not-impressed-report/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

dogbert27 wrote: »
    How does he not get called out on crap like "I don't have to help California... but I want to"

What do you mean as POTUS you don't have to help a State besieged with forest fires?!

Again, this also shows Trump's apparent lack of actual business acumen and worldly knowledge. Like it or loath it, California would be the world's 5th largest economy were it sovereign, while IIRC it effectively subsidises the poorer (red) states in terms of money in/out.

I mean, sure, maybe he just means he doesn't "have to" cos California is more than capable of helping themselves ... but based on the accumulated "wisdom" of the last 4 years, I doubt it.

Donald Trump has been an avalanche of circumstantial evidence toward ignorance and bluster on a hitherto unseen level for public figures. Even a man off the street would struggle to flail to the same extent. Trump has been insulated by volume of gaff and ineptitude rather than any single shocker that might sink a normal politician. Michael Dukakis and the like must be inconsolable at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I wonder what god and evangelicals would make of Trump availing of a treatment which would have cost an average american $100K and the treatment was based on work done on cells derived from fetuses

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/trump-antibody-treatment-fetal-tissue/2020/10/08/92f9b2d6-0971-11eb-9be6-cf25fb429f1a_story.html

They don't care, I swear to you if while president trump got someone pregnant and ordered her to have an abortion they would come up with some set of mental gymnastics to let them justify it and lay all the blame at the feet of the woman

VinLieger wrote: »
    They don't care, I swear to you if while president trump got someone pregnant and ordered her to have an abortion they would come up with some set of mental gymnastics to let them justify it and lay all the blame at the feet of the woman

There are rumors he's already done that. Doesn't matter. Evangelicals make their money from railing against Roe V. Wade, they want the GOP to succeed in order to keep them in mega churches and private planes. In fact, my theory is Roe V. Wade won't go away, too much of a good grift for the Evangelicals and GOP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I wonder what god and evangelicals would make of Trump availing of a treatment which would have cost an average american $100K and the treatment was based on work done on cells derived from fetuses

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/trump-antibody-treatment-fetal-tissue/2020/10/08/92f9b2d6-0971-11eb-9be6-cf25fb429f1a_story.html

They don't care as I said before. They're quite happy to ignore the parts of their faith that they find bothersome or inconvenient while insisting that others toe the line where they feel oppressed. A bigamist who cheats on his wife and uses prostitutes is fine, a loving LGBT couple who want to tie the knot is an abomination.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

In other news, Donnie didn't win the Nobel Peace prize. Again. What a travesty! They gave it to the UN World Food Programme for its efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace in conflict areas. Guess the "most peaceful President ever" will have to make do with all his other awards. Oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

In other news, Donnie didn't win the Nobel Peace prize. Again. What a travesty! They gave it to the UN World Food Programme for its efforts to combat hunger and improve conditions for peace in conflict areas. Guess the "most peaceful President ever" will have to make do with all his other awards. Oh.

The Crooked UN World Food Programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Igotadose wrote: »
    Another attempt at vote buying along with "No stimulus until after the election if I'm reelected." Free $200 for seniors on Medicare for some reason, what would that be? And, will these cards be signed?

https://www.alternet.org/2020/10/health-officials-are-in-a-mad-rush-to-finish-trumps-senior-drug-discount-cards-before-the-election-but-the-presidents-critics-are-not-impressed-report/
    I reckcon that we're going to see more and more of this over the next month. It's one of the only tools he has left, use his powers as president to throw more and more 'goodies' towards the electorate in order to try and bribe them to vote for him, regardless of whether it's in any way possible to actually achieve what he's claiming to give away. It'll be good old Irish parish pump politics on steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

One of the Pharma Co's, the NY state one, got permission from the FDA to provide it's drug to Trump on FDA compassionate rule grounds, pre certification of the drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

banie01 wrote: »
    PBS are showing a programme called The Choice 2020; Trump Vs Biden.

There is a clip of Biden being sworn in as a Senator, in a ceremony held in the hospital where his sons were being treated after the crash that killed his wife and daughter.

Biden says that he hopes he can be a good senator, and a good father but that in 6 months time.
    If there is a conflict between being a good father and a good senator, that I will tender my resignation to the Governor.

That is a measure of the man, an indication of his sense of duty, honour and family.

Having been in a similar situation myself, albeit without a senate seat, I am in awe of Biden's resilience during that time.
    That clip should be played everytime Trump questions Biden's morality, fibre or bravery.

The contrast is stark.

Funny, I just watched that clip last night.

I remember watching the below clip 6 months before my Dad was diagnosed with the same cancer and it upset me (not a fan of Meghan) because I was very close to my father.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sa8G-VR13Q

Watching it now brings me to tears. Biden's response to Meghan and his comforting words.... Wow. As said above, the contrast is indeed stark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Surprised that he hasn't tweeted about how it's all rigged against him and how nobody has done as much to combat hunger as he has. Or maybe he has. Thankfully, I don't follow the cesspit that is his Twitter feed.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Surprised that he hasn't tweeted about how it's all rigged against him and how nobody has done as much to combat hunger as he has. Or maybe he has. Thankfully, I don't follow the cesspit that is his Twitter feed.

Particularly amusing that the fella running the WFP is a Trump appointee, with a long GOP pedigree, from South Carolina. Seems actually sort of left wing for the GOP (well, you know...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Beasley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

PropJoe10 wrote: »

I was just thinking about how many were on here boasting about how he had not one, not two but three nominations this year and was almost certain to win it, what with him being the most peaceful president of all time and all.

I wonder how they will spin this, Donny was robbed? They didn't give it to him because the deep state something something? Hillary!!!!!?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I was just thinking about how many were on here boasting about how he had not one, not two but three nominations this year and was almost certain to win it, what with him being the most peaceful president of all time and all.

I wonder how they will spin this, Donny was robbed? They didn't give it to him because the deep state something something? Hillary!!!!!?

Not that it will stop him having a whinge...but

The nominations he got in recent weeks are for the 2021 prize.

The nominations that led to the award for the WFP would have happened 9-12 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

He has 3 nominations for 2021.

• Advertisement

Lolle06 wrote: »
    He has 3 nominations for 2021.

From whom? I believe two of them are from the same far right Swedish MP but haven't heard about the third

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

To think his main reaction to a terrorist plot to kidnap an elected official is to insult the potential victim.

If militia style terrorist groups keep targeting elected officials the US is in even bigger trouble. Yet Donald and the GOP really don't want to address it. Imagine that happening here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Infairness GOP in Michigan denounced it out right, I haven't heard from Mitch. But Trump provides the usual dog whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Trump apparently spent 2 hours on the phone with Limbaugh this afternoon, included swearing in the middle of a threat to Iran. How presidential.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314627983471239168?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Could you imagine the "case of the vapours" that Graham & McConnell would suffer if Obama dropped the F-bomb on Colbert or The Daily Show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Could you imagine the "case of the vapours" that Graham & McConnell would suffer if Obama dropped the F-bomb on Colbert or The Daily Show?

If putting dijon mustard on a burger sent Hannity into a rage then imagine what an F bomb would have done to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

Christy42 wrote: »
    To think his main reaction to a terrorist plot to kidnap an elected official is to insult the potential victim.

If militia style terrorist groups keep targeting elected officials the US is in even bigger trouble. Yet Donald and the GOP really don't want to address it. Imagine that happening here?

Is this a "Who will rid me of this turbulent priest?" (Henry 11 /Thomas Beckett)
    scenario?

Too strong an analogy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

It's blatantly obvious this man is more unhinged than usual with mixture of pre-existing unhinged mental thoughts coupled with high levels of steroid treatment - However the GOP will do nothing, even as Mitch personally distances himself from him.

The only way this change’s is with the GOP decimated in both houses as well as losing the presidency. It's clear with a Dem election win, QAnon will be designated a domestic terror organisation with greater emphasis on the domestic terror threat greatly increased over the last 4 years with blatant lying and rhetoric.

Who would have ever imagined it was acceptable for a President to phoning networks and being given unlimited time to flout unhinged lies to millions of Americans? Every one that was party to this Administration needs to be held to account post the election.

Trump implicated in two new financial crimes

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/the-press-found-two-more-trump-financial-crimes-today.html

"The Times story, mining its acquisition of the president’s tax returns, focuses on a $21 million payment he received during the 2016 campaign. The funds came at a time when Trump was draining his savings to self-fund his campaign and seemed to be in need of money. The $21 million came from “Trump Las Vegas Sales and Marketing,” a firm co-owned by Trump and his friend and political support Phil Ruffin, and which had “had little previous income, no clear business purpose and no employees.”

"The Post account is even worse. It covers a conservation easement Trump claimed on his Seven Springs estate north of New York City. Trump’s purchase of the property has already been reported as a potentially fraudulent tax deduction. He wrote off its cost as a business expense, but has reportedly used it as a vacation home, and the Trump Organization’s own website describes it as “a retreat for the Trump family.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Is Trump really doing a medical on Tucker Carlson tonight or is that BS?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement