Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

aloyisious wrote: »
    The White House is backing away from Peter Navarro's Op-Ed piece slamming Dr Fauci, as it was not approved for publication by the Administration Publicity people there.

Given that any Op Ed or personal piece from an admin member is supposed to be ran past press office prior to publication I just don't buy that.

It may not have been put in front of the "official" office, but someone in Trump's orbit okayed that slam piece.

Navarro is a twat at the best of times, but when Trumpists are arguing against the death toll, arguing against the only person left in the admin or its orbit with any credibility on Covid?

Do they think that Trump is Moses, and the plagues will stop once they figure out who the libtard Pharoah is and get their people set free?
    Free to run around without masks or social distance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Reading (listening to) Mary Trump's book. Read by herself. Very interesting for anyone trying to 'understand' Trump.

It sounds like the Addams family meets The Shining so far...

Thargor wrote: »
    Lincoln Project does good ads but this is hilarious:

Great stuff alright. From the stable that brought us "Our Cartoon President"..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

They’ll pass 140,000 dead in the next 24 hours and at best it’s been decided to pretend it’s not happening and at worst somehow blame Fauci. It’s just not a functioning country anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭eire4

salmocab wrote: »
    They’ll pass 140,000 dead in the next 24 hours and at best it’s been decided to pretend it’s not happening and at worst somehow blame Fauci. It’s just not a functioning country anymore.

Totally agree. I see that the hospitals have been told to stop sending covid19 data to their CDC and instead send it directly to Washington DC. Hard to imagine that is not been done for some kind of corrupt purpose to hide how bad things are as they head into the last few months before the election.

• Advertisement

eire4 wrote: »
    Totally agree. I see that the hospitals have been told to stop sending covid19 data to their CDC and instead send it directly to Washington DC. Hard to imagine that is not been done for some kind of corrupt purpose to hide how bad things are as they head into the last few months before the election.

Considering the numbers are already fudged it’s likely that a quarter of a million will die from this but as it’s an election year Trump has completely lost interest and decided to unsurprisingly put his re-election ahead of the country and it’s people. The greatest democracy in the world is destroying itself from the inside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

eire4 wrote: »

There any sense hospitals are complying with this, or even if the CDC themselves are asking to continue supplying the stats? Either way it's a monumentally underhanded tactic by an administration clearly not in control of the scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Seen that yeah, the man is an absolute scumbag. Fits nicely into the Trump universe. I'd love to know what sort of dirt he has on Trump. I'd say it's extremely juicy.

Yeah Id wonder was Trump into the same swinging scene that Roger and his wife Nydia got caught up with back in 1996. On that occasion Stone had to resign from working for Bob Doles campaign after the National Enquirer broke the story. I think its the only time the dirty trickster had been the victim of a dirty trick himself

salmocab wrote: »

Its the pace of it that is incredible. They hit the milestone of 100,000 deaths on May 28 and here we are six weeks later and its 140,000. If it were to continue on at this pace of 40,000 dead every six weeks then it would be around at around 250,000 deaths by election day Nov 4th. A quarter of a million people dead, that is just astonishing incompetence by the Trump administration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,833 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cans of beans. This is what Trump wants to pitch a battle on during the 2020 election?

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1283477464241635328?s=20

Then again he also is the taco bowl president.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Overheal wrote: »
    Cans of beans. This is what Trump wants to pitch a battle on during the 2020 election?

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1283477464241635328?s=20

Then again he also is the taco bowl president.

****ing farcical. It’s like he’s just decided to cash in for the last couple of months because his campaign is crashing and burning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

How did a brand of beans of all things become a political issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,602 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

kowloon wrote: »

Is that the company that Ivanka has some ties to? Heard something about some further Hatch Act issues?

The owner attempted to get into Trumps pants and there was a boycott Followed by the other side buying lots. It’s embarrassing carry on by all involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,606 ✭✭✭✭Water John

CNN Dr. Sanjay Gupta said that they got the figures at the start from each State as there wasn't any central compilation. Then CDC starting doing it and CNN will go back to gathering the data, if necessary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The jist is that a very popular Mexican (I think) brand of beans and foodstuffs came out in support of Trump, for all the sense that made. Thus a hashtag to boycott the brand popped up on twitter, in turn causing a counter hashtag, in turn causing first Ivanka now Donald himself posing in "thanks" for support. In both cases they are in contravention of the Hatch Act but at this stage it's not like anyone is going to prosecute so this whole tabloid presidency continues as the obscene satirical high art I can only presume it must be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

pixelburp wrote: »
    The jist is that a very popular Mexican (I think) brand of beans and foodstuffs came out in support of Trump, for all the sense that made. Thus a hashtag to boycott the brand popped up on twitter, in turn causing a counter hashtag, in turn causing first Ivanka now Donald himself posing in "thanks" for support. In both cases they are in contravention of the Hatch Act but at this stage it's not like anyone is going to prosecute so this whole tabloid presidency continues as the obscene satirical high art I can only presume it must be.

It was the CEO of this company that thanked trump, which as bad as trump is isn't a crime to support trump. I don't understand why there's a supposed boycott of the product and not the CEO.

They didn't bother to do anything the other numerous times members of the administration have broken the act so why start now. And ivanka of all people can do what she wants.

Oh I've listened to some of his comments from that event in the rose garden last night and you'd have to wonder genuinely is the lift going to the top floor. The one about the EU being created to take advantage of the US(that makes zero sense) and that past president didn't know that, possibly because it's rubbish.

If you were Goya Foods's Marketing Director, and you were trying to deal with a huge mis-step by your CEO, would you welcome the photos of Trump and his grifting daughter holding your products? Talk about adding insult to injury for Latinx already enraged by the initial ****-up!!!

On a separate note, the House has got around to looking into how contracts were awarded for things like PPE in the early days of the Covid response. Among others, Clyburn (Committee Chair) has written to Zach Fuentes (former Trump White House Deputy Chief of Staff) who received a $3million contract to provide masks to the Navajo Nation, only 11 days after he formed a company to do so, with zero previous experience in the field. Subsequently, the masks he supplied were found to be outside spec and many were rubbish that were put into legit boxes.

Jeebus, how blatant is this showers' grifting going to turn out to be???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,833 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Brad Parscale is FIRED, - well, demoted as the campaign manager, after new polls still show Trump behind by as much as 15 points. It’s always someone else’s fault.

So much for his Death Star!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-parscale-stepien-campaign-manager/2020/07/15/91aad9b6-c6fd-11ea-8ffe-372be8d82298_story.html

SizzlingQuestionableAntipodesgreenparakeet-size_restricted.gif

Overheal wrote: »
    Brad Parscale is FIRED, - well, demoted as the campaign manager, after new polls still show Trump behind by as much as 15 points. It’s always someone else’s fault.

So much for his Death Star!

I smell the hand of good ole Roger Stone in this.... Tucker Carlson (who took a 'long-planned' vacation yesterday) as well....

Heeeeeeee's Baaaaack!!!

I'd say the new guy will last until end -August if he holds on by his fingertips!!!!

• Advertisement

I hope that the hospitals don't stop sending covid-19 cases to the CDC as that order yesterday is taking the piss. I mean isn't the USA criticising china for allegedly not revealing the true number of coronavirus cases there yet they seem happy to do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I hope that the hospitals don't stop sending covid-19 cases to the CDC as that order yesterday is taking the piss. I mean isn't the USA criticising china for allegedly not revealing the true number of coronavirus cases there yet they seem happy to do the same.

I wonder could governors order that the numbers are also sent to them? Admittedly it's likely only Democratic governors would do so, but could at least show discrepancies in what the hospitals send the White House and what the White House actually report.

Either way, I'd say if White House does start fudging the numbers, we could start seeing a good few whistleblowers come forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Itssoeasy wrote: »

The CDC website has already stopped showing hospitalisation numbers, sadly!

https://twitter.com/charlesornstein/status/1283754463086481410

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Inquitus wrote: »
    The CDC website has already stopped showing hospitalisation numbers, sadly!

https://twitter.com/charlesornstein/status/1283754463086481410

Allegedly they've been told to put it back..

We'll see if it comes back as it was before..

I know me saying that this is the most bizarre thing said by a trump press secretary may not age well given the likelyhood that it will quickly be surpassed but even by this administrations standards tonight was a a cracker. Apparently science shouldn't get in the way of schools fully reopenings. And then has said the media are misquoting her despite the fact there is actual video of her saying the words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Hardly anything we didn't already know but Mary Trump says her uncle is a virulent racist and anti-Semite and has personally heard him use the n word and anti-Semitic slurs.

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1283895301582069762

She seems to be having a relatively free run across the networks with little pushback from the Trumps. I believe Robert is back in hospital and the two sisters are not going to stick their heads above the parapet to defend the brother. I'm surprised Donnie and/or Eric haven't been braying! And Mary has gone after Ivanka in interviews- that ought to have elicited something... The relative silence is telling... I had expected a 'but she's not well' from one of them by now.

The clear statement on Maddows show abt his use of anti-Semitic and N-word is gonna freak them out! Like, isn't Ivanka a practising member of the Jewish faith now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    She seems to be having a relatively free run across the networks with little pushback from the Trumps. I believe Robert is back in hospital and the two sisters are not going to stick their heads above the parapet to defend the brother. I'm surprised Donnie and/or Eric haven't been braying! And Mary has gone after Ivanka in interviews- that ought to have elicited something... The relative silence is telling... I had expected a 'but she's not well' from one of them by now.

The clear statement on Maddows show abt his use of anti-Semitic and N-word is gonna freak them out! Like, isn't Ivanka a practising member of the Jewish faith now?

Yeah, she converted because of Kushner.

The excuses made for Trump on the anti-Semitism thing beggar belief in their shamelessness.

Having a daughter converting to Judaism does not stop somebody being an anti-Semite.

Supporting Israel does not stop somebody being an anti-Semite. Christ, I would have thought that that weasel excuse in itself is an example of anti-Semitism, conflating Israel and Judaism as it does.

It's a bit Ron Atkinson "I signed black players so how could I be racist?"

These are the same sort of excuses Kevin Myers wheels out to deflect from that abomination of a column he wrote a few years ago.

Ironically the "pro-Israel" defence against anti-Semitism used by Trump supporters and Myers etc. actually bears out a lot of what Labour supporters in the UK say about the anti-Semitism thing being trumped up because of the party's stance on Israel under Corbyn.

Yeah, she converted because of Kushner.

The excuses made for Trump on the anti-Semitism thing beggar belief in their shamelessness.

Having a daughter converting to Judaism does not stop somebody being an anti-Semite.

Supporting Israel does not stop somebody being an anti-Semite. Christ, I would have thought that that weasel excuse in itself is an example of anti-Semitism, conflating Israel and Judaism as it does.

It's a bit Ron Atkinson "I signed black players so how could I be racist?"

These are the same sort of excuses Kevin Myers wheels out to deflect from that abomination of a column he wrote a few years ago.

Ironically the "pro-Israel" defence against anti-Semitism used by Trump supporters and Myers etc. actually bears out a lot of what Labour supporters in the UK say about the anti-Semitism thing being trumped up because of the party's stance on Israel under Corbyn.

Yeah, it's waaay past time that old "anti-Israel=anti-Semitism" canard gets fully aired and debunked. Israeli thuggery and it's fellow travellers in UK and US politics has played that card for far too long and gotten away with it... Corbyn in UK and Talib/Omar in US are prime examples of how legitimate pro-Palestinian views are mis-characterised as anti-Semitism... And ppl are afraid to call out the likes of the Jewish Defense League who thrive on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Governor Kemp has gone to court suing the Mayor of Atlanta over her issuing ordinances for the city on wearing masks, claiming [with his state AG giving a backing opinion] that he is the only one who can issue laws making the wearing of masks mandatory anywhere in the state of Georgia.

Kemp himself has agreed that people must have the choice on wearing masks to protect themselves from the virus but refuses to make the wearing mandatory though he knows the virus is now on the upswing and its medically advisable to wear masks. I don't know why he's taking this course except for political purposes, aping his president in politicizing the wearing of masks and dragging out the long term effects of the virus, giving the virus a boost in life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement