Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fauci has bent science for political point scoring against Trump in favour of Biden. The science hasn't changed much since the start of all this but the politics has.
    Definitely not a criminal of any sort but his interpretation of scientific fact is questionable if it can so easily change.
    Atlas was a breath of fresh air and at least he disclosed the sources for his opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Definitely not a criminal of any sort but his interpretation of scientific fact is questionable if it can so easily change.

Yeah how dare a scientist change his recommendations based on new facts, changing trends and in response to climbing death rates and infection rates which are getting out of control.

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I love how utterly predictable it was that once Trump turned on Fauci, the cult instantly went from championing him daily in an effort to make Trump look competent and able to work with the scientists, into public enemy number 1 deserving of death threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Christy42

Fauci has bent science for political point scoring against Trump in favour of Biden. The science hasn't changed much since the start of all this but the politics has.
    Atlas was a breath of fresh air and at least he disclosed the sources for his opinion.

The science has absolutely changed throughout us figuring out a new disease. Atlas has already been shown up granting an interview to a foreign state actor in RT.

However it is hilarious how quick the hit jobs come in as soon as Trump orders it. It is what it is though, another 1000 or so for the pile today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I believe Dr Fauci on the White House task force IS keeping medical science knowledge and the virus at front point to helping the U.S population keep healthy and survive the virus, as distinct from the unexpert knowledge of Mr Trump who's all over the shop on the issue. It's worth Trump keeping in mind that were it not for the doctors and their keeping the virus in their sights, there might be a President Pence in the White House now.

Dr Birx has quit working on the Trump team, now spending her time travelling around the U.S getting the word out about masks and social distancing, something Trump has said is something not for him. Can the U.S afford to lose the expertise of the people keeping the wheels on the car just because the backseat driver doesn't like them?

Is Dr Atlas gone from the White House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Who did Trump call for advice from his hospital bed, Fauci not Atlas.

aloyisious wrote: »
    I believe Dr Fauci on the White House task force IS keeping medical science knowledge and the virus at front point to helping the U.S population keep healthy and survive the virus

He lied to the nation, put health care workers lives before ordinary citizens. How many lives could he have saved by being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He lied to the nation, put health care workers lives before ordinary citizens. How many lives could he have saved by being honest.

Are you on about Trump...Alpha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,213 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Indeed Trump did lie to the nation, he was told the seriousness in February and since then has been lying to the country, how many lives could he have saved by being honest?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

You don't understand the scientific process do you?

And just a direct question for you on making political points: the WH used edited footage of Fauci to make it look like he endorsed Trump- is that acceptable to you?

• Advertisement

Without health care workers, who exactly treats the public? They're far higher risk so reasonable that they're the priority for PPE. They will be priority for vaccines as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,618 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are you talking about Trump? Because it sounds like you are talking about Trump!

Also FYI health workers are ordinary citizens.

Without health care workers, who exactly treats the public? They're far higher risk so reasonable that they're the priority for PPE. They will be priority for vaccines as well.

He didn't need to lie. I don't believe he lied as I think the science we know is sound, I think it's a politically motivated change of tac but my own conspiracy theory aside, he lied if you believe him to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He didn't need to lie. I don't believe he lied as I think the science we know is sound, I think it's a politically motivated change of tac but my own conspiracy theory aside, he lied if you believe him to be honest.

The cognitive dissonance required to make this swing around is positively astounding .

I'm almost impressed.

Almost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So where are you credentials to show your equal (or better) academic qualifications and experience as Fauci?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I know it's not what you're trying to say but with an epidemic, it's more important to protect healthcare workers because they can't help anyone if they all catch it and the system is overwhelmed.
    As for Fauci vs. Atlas, just look up their wiki pages or something. That'll tell you which one plays politics and which one is the epidemiology expert and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by a Republican president.
    If this anti-science agenda BS continues we'll have flat-Earthers running the asylum before long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Watched a quite good docu in BBC2 last night that had a very bleak take on the WH response to Covid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000p36r
    Called "Totally Under Control" and shows up the complete clusterphuck that Nepotism, Dunning-Krueger and incompetence have wrought on the US response.

That WH, DHHS and other Gov departments refused to take part is quite telling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Why are there so many Trump-cultists on boards.ie?

Is it just that this country has an unusually high number of alt-right/far-right people online or have yank-created accounts invaded the site?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Why are there so many Trump-cultists on boards.ie?

Is it just that this country has an unusually high number of alt-right/far-right people online or have yank-created accounts invaded the site?

There isn't, it's just a couple of very vocal ones.

kowloon wrote: »
    I know it's not what you're trying to say but with an epidemic, it's more important to protect healthcare workers because they can't help anyone if they all catch it and the system is overwhelmed.

If you stop the ordinary people getting it that should avoid any overwhelming of the health care system. Isn't that the plan these days. It wasn't the plan from Fauci, his plan was protect the health care workers while allowing mass spreading in the community.
    It's down to credibility, he lied, maybe for the right reasons but possibly not, he may be still telling fibbs to suit Biden, he can't be trusted.

• Advertisement

It appears, from your "I don't believe he lied", that he didn't lie, you don't think Fauci lied, but just heard Trump saying the U.S was rounding the corner [on the virus] and finally accepted that Trump had stuck his fingers in his ears to the truth of the situation, that the physician in Fauci had taken stock of the situation and decided that Biden is a realist and wasn't into doing what Trump had just said and done?

As for politics, Trump is a politician, so that comes with the package when trying to persuade Trump on what is best to do about the virus. Trump is now most interested in what will keep him in his political seat in the Washington swamp hence his deflection about those who say things he doesn't like hearing, now saying Fauci is part of the swamp. Trump doesn't like the truth he sees in the mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If you stop the ordinary people getting it that should avoid any overwhelming of the health care system. Isn't that the plan these days. It wasn't the plan from Fauci, his plan was protect the health care workers while allowing mass spreading in the community.
    It's down to credibility, he lied, maybe for the right reasons but possibly not, he may be still telling fibbs to suit Biden, he can't be trusted.

Absolutely not. Fauci advocated care for the health care workers initially, because if they all get sick then the whole system falls down. Simple logic dictates that, to think someone of science in such a position as Fauci is partisan is pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What a load of horse****. So fauci isn’t allowed to change his advice based on the evidence but Trump can waffle all he wants and tell bare faced lies about the virus ? Grand so. I love this narrative that if others change their views it damages their credibility but trump isn’t held to that standard.

What did he lie about ? Yeah doctor fauci can’t be trusted yet he’s served the us government for decades across both republican and democratic administration. He’s not doing anything to suit any candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What a load of horse****. So fauci isn’t allowed to change his advice based on the evidence but Trump can waffle all he wants and tell bare faced lies about the virus ? Grand so. I love this narrative that if others change their views it damages their credibility but trump isn’t held to that standard.

What did he lie about ? Yeah doctor fauci can’t be trusted yet he’s served the us government for decades across both republican and democratic administration. He’s not doing anything to suit any candidate.

Literally everyone is to blame except Trump.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Absolutely not. Fauci advocated care for the health care workers initially, because if they all get sick then the whole system falls down. Simple logic dictates that, to think someone of science in such a position as Fauci is partisan is pathetic

Simple logic dictates if people don't get it there's no burden on the health system, save one and you save the other, don't think there's any right or wrong strategy. No need for lies though as it undermines everything else you say.

It shouldn't be political but Biden has made them political and Fauci by backing Bidens mandate plan is pretty much endorsing Biden.

That's rubbish. Fauci was and is referring to the anti-viral drugs when they come on line, so those treating the sick have a chance of staying well enough to treat those hospitalized with the virus so the hospitals don't end up as mortuaries.

The truth is that the mass-spreading of the virus is a centre point for some nutjobs afflicted with the herd-immunity syndrome, an updated name for the survival of the fittest theory and NOT from Fauci.

Simple logic dictates if people don't get it there's no burden on the health system, save one and you save the other, don't think there's any right or wrong strategy. No need for lies though as it undermines everything else you say.

It shouldn't be political but Biden has made them political and Fauci by backing Bidens mandate plan is pretty much endorsing Biden.

Try and convince the maskless one of the truth of your simple logic and see how far it gets you, quite probably you might end up like Dr Fauci throwing in the towel on the obdurate.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What a load of horse****. So fauci isn’t allowed to change his advice based on the evidence

He didn't change it on the evidence, there is no new evidence. There's a lot of honesty missing from the conversation not just in the states but everywhere.
    We know Atlas's evidence, we don't know Fauci's, we certainly don't know NPHETS's.
    Anyway could go around in circles all day as everyone is cherry picking their own science

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He didn't change it on the evidence, there is no new evidence. There's a lot of honesty missing from the conversation not just in the states but everywhere.
    We know Atlas's evidence, we don't know Fauci's, we certainly don't know NPHETS's.
    Anyway could go around in circles all day as everyone is cherry picking their own science

Don’t think Fauci asked about injecting disinfectant?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

You have a group of 10 people and 1 mask. 2 of the people are health workers who each have the potential to save the lives of 5 others in the group. Anyone without a mask has a 50/50 chance of surviving.

Who do you give the mask to to ensure the survival of most people in the group?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement