Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

SK are I won't say on the verge of a lockdown but they have cases in the wild and are brining in more penalties and mandates. They also have a 5 level plan launched, we all know how that goes.

That's called preparation.

Some leaders are reactive more than proactive. The good ones are all proactive.

Wanna guess which one Trump is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That's called preparation.

Some leaders are reactive more than proactive. The good ones are all proactive.

Wanna guess which one Trump is?

Prescient?
    Because he was calling this thing a pandemic way before anyone else.
    He was the 1st to call it a pandemic!

It's a pity he clearly didn't understand what that word means, or how to actually utilise the scientific might of the US to fight such a pandemic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Step back a bit there, presenting 44 pages and going there you go case closed isn't in any way a debate. If someone lies in public you have to question them from there on in regardless of which side you may be on. Fauci lied, that's enough for me to question him. I make no apology for it.

Do I think he should be ignored, not in the slightest but every word he said should not be taken as gospel.

You keep referencing Atlas the radiographer, I never said he found a magic bullet, all I said was listen to what he said as he gives the scientific sources for his opinion.

You don't appear to have been doing much questioning of Trump and his 20,000 lies, in fact you have been a cheerleader for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

banie01 wrote: »
    It's a pity he clearly didn't understand what that word means, or how to actually utilise the scientific might of the US to fight such a pandemic.

It's not like someone left him an instructional manual on how to prepare for such an event and he simply ignored it.

Oh wait, that's exactly what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

SK are I won't say on the verge of a lockdown but they have cases in the wild and are brining in more penalties and mandates. They also have a 5 level plan launched, we all know how that goes.

Well they aren't going to stop the the virus by willing it away, focusing instead upon the economy or, god forbid, thoughts & prayers.

If you look at any of the countries doing well you'll find that they have similar plans and structures in place that probably wouldn't fly in the USA since they'd consider it infringing on their god given rights to be selfish pr1cks be free to choose how to live their lives as they please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

image_readbot_2020_1122656_16043016134415290.jpg

They have 100 cases per day.

Are you interpreting the fact they have a plan as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

banie01 wrote: »
    Prescient?
    Because he was calling this thing a pandemic way before anyone else.
    He was the 1st to call it a pandemic!

When did he first call it a pandemic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Leroy42 wrote: »
    When did he first call it a pandemic?

It's a little facetious on my part to appear to give him any credit but on @Paddy's day, Don claimed he always knew this would be a pandemic.
    That he was calling it a pandemic before anyone, that he always knew it was a pandemic...
    Now what should be remembered when reading the below, is that 5 weeks previously Trump told Woodward it was airborne.
    Something that wasn't publicly acknowledged for months afterwards.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/us/politics/trump-coronavirus.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

One bit of good news for U.S voters; the federal district court hearing the drive-in voting case submitted by the GOP has tossed the case, according to Bloomberg Markets TV channel news. Nothing shown up on its online page so far on the decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

aloyisious wrote: »
    One bit of good news for U.S voters; the federal district court hearing the drive-in voting case submitted by the GOP has tossed the case, according to Bloomberg Markets TV channel news. Nothing shown up on its online page so far on the decision.

I posted about it in the election thread but now I’m confused because I’m sure I saw something about the Texas Supreme Court rejecting something to do with voting/votes. So clearly there were two cases on going.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I posted about it in the election thread but now I’m confused because I’m sure I saw something about the Texas Supreme Court rejecting something to do with voting/votes. So clearly there were two cases on going.

There were two cases, State case got thrown out last night. I think the federal case was Plan B.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,049 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Graham wrote: »
    There were two cases, State case got thrown out last night. I think the federal case was Plan B.

The Federal one is held today

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

The Federal one is held today

Yup, only just sitting down to catch up on the news. No idea if there's been any decision yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes, the Federal one was thrown out too.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Yes, the same GOP group took two separate cases to the Texas State SC on the issue, one a while back and one late last week. Both were tossed out by the SC, the bench are all GOP members so there was clearly no merit in both cases.

Water John wrote: »
    Yes, the Federal one was thrown out too.

The supreme court can't take it up now surely that be 100,00 people who's votes may be thrown out without a second chance to vote

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In Massachusetts we have been wearing masks everywhere in public since late April and they are mandatory in all businesses. There are signs on all highways advising people to get tested if they feel unwell and for visitors to quarantine.

I was in a store one day and a guy came in without a mask and the assistant told him he needed it and he left and came back in with one and said 'I know you gotta do it, but wait until Trump wins and all this disappears. I'm from Ohio and we are doing none of this there'.

zzNEhiy.png

It'll be very interesting when the epidemiology stats come out later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I've never wanted a thread to end as much as I want this one. Not because of the content but because of its subject.

Hoping this thread will be decided fully tomorrow.

The supreme court can't take it up now surely that be 100,00 people who's votes may be thrown out without a second chance to vote

The cases taken by a GOP group to both the Texas SC and the Federal District court for a declaration that Harris County's drive drive-in vote was unlawful were all dismissed, meaning that the votes of both democrat and republican voters dropped off are safe and valid and will be good for the count.

The GOP group had claimed in the federal court case that as no other counties had adapted a drive-in voting plan same as Harris, the Harris County plan was invalid under a voting section in the U.S constitution. The groups other cases taken to the Texas SC were tossed so they can't have had merit in the opinion of that court as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

listermint wrote: »
    I've never wanted a thread to end as much as I want this one. Not because of the content but because of its subject.

I feel exactly the same way. The only updates I want to see in it after Wednesday are those of him going on trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm with you but God damn I'm so nervous about some thing going wrong

We will be Level 2 before this is fully resolved

aloyisious wrote: »
    The cases taken by a GOP group to both the Texas SC and the Federal District court for a declaration that Harris County's drive drive-in vote was unlawful were all dismissed, meaning that the votes of both democrat and republican voters dropped off are safe and valid and will be good for the count.

The GOP group had claimed in the federal court case that as no other counties had adapted a drive-in voting plan same as Harris, the Harris County plan was invalid under a voting section in the U.S constitution. The groups other cases taken to the Texas SC were tossed so they can't have had merit in the opinion of that court as well.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

If, as looks likely, Trump loses then he'll still be president for another 2.5 months. I must admit I haven't given much thought to what that'll be like. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that it'll be 10 weeks of grievances and whinging to anyone who will listen about how the election played out while the Republicans desert him like rats off of a sinking barge.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

He will still be in power till January.

It would be a pipe dream but wouldn't it be nice if he was told "the only way you get a presidential pardon is to X, Y and Z right now"

As it stands it's looking like half a million deaths from people who caught Covid during his term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

82 per cent of Irish people want Biden to win.

Go Joe Biden Go Kamala Harris.

Let's hope for all our sakes and for our sanity that they win.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Prominent Republicans jumping all over the events in Vienna tonight on Twitter to point score on gun laws. They are a sick bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

fullstop wrote: »
    Prominent Republicans jumping all over the events in Vienna tonight on Twitter to point score on gun laws. They are a sick bunch.

And also a little eager to talk about anything but their own voters terror attacks of late, including trying to run the bus of one of the two presidential candidates off the motorway a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,007 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

fullstop wrote: »

What's the tldr on Vienna? What's this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Overheal wrote: »
    What's the tldr on Vienna? What's this?

Terror attack in Vienna. Multiple shootings over 6 sites around the city. Seems to have an anti-Semitic angle.

You're best heading to The Guardian etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement