Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,286 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Only the two candidates that came first and second can run in the run-off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Water John wrote: »
    He'll take up a position to the right of Fox. He's really bitter with them, esp for declaring AZ for Biden. Very hard right TV station, Trump News.
    He's going to have a sticky situation whereby hosting it in the US would probably have to take place from a cell. He may well dosofrom abroad, but you can expect Trump to have left the country before Jan 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Leinster90 wrote: »
    Does anyone think that Trump could run for the Senate in Georgia in a bid to get back into politics and make himself Senate leader to stick it to Biden?

I think the only thing better then watching Trump lose an election, would be to watch him lose another.

Well, we can look forward to the recount if we want to watch him lose an election. Again.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

On a separate note oh how I would love to be in the room when Biden fires Barr

Headshot wrote: »

Wonder if there'll be an investigation of what he's done since he's become AG. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Wonder if there'll be an investigation of what he's done since he's become AG. :pac:

There will be, along with plenty of other investigations no doubt.

There's gonna be a lot of evidence destroyed in the next few weeks no doubt, I'd imagine there will br leaks to go with it

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The minnow Dr. Scott Atlas would be my favourite. Don't think it happens that way, all personnel who are not CS resign with the POTUS.
    I'm sure Trump could do his TV spot from his cell. Richard Quest ran his business programme on CNN from his living room for weeks.
    Trump could hang a picture of Rita Hayworth on the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I hope this debate thread is archived as it'll serve as a huge memorandum for future social historians on how U.S and Irish people read and reacted to the way the Trump campaign and Admin's behaviour affected U.S society. It's good to know it's over bar any court action about Trump's claims of voter fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

If Trump doesn't fire him first. It's unlikely as Barr is seen as a Trump loyalist and one of his lasts lines of defence, but Barr's absence is very noticeable through all of this and Giuliani is going on TV questioning where the AG is right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

If Trump doesn't fire him first. It's unlikely as Barr is seen as a Trump loyalist and one of his lasts lines of defence, but Barr's absence is very noticeable through all of this and Giuliani is going on TV questioning where the AG is right now.

I would like to know what is in it for Giuliani except for making a fool of himself and making him look as stupid as Trump?
    It's not like Trump has a big pot of gold because we all know he is broke so he is hardly still in it for money and it's not to look good because everytime he says they have a case they lose and it makes him look bad.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    I would like to know what is in it for Giuliani except for making a fool of himself and making him look as stupid as Trump?
    It's not like Trump has a big pot of gold because we all know he is broke so he is hardly still in it for money and it's not to look good because everytime he says they have a case they lose and it makes him look bad.

There's no fool like an old fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Yeah I'm not one for believing in the Russian golden shower stuff or how Trump and the entire administration is going to be locked up come January, but there is something really desperate about how Rudy is acting. Either he is really worried about something that is going to be exposed once Trump is out of office, or he really did have some sort of breakdown a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Akabusi

You only have to watch Borat to see how Rudy could have skeletons in the closet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

L1011 wrote: »
    Only the two candidates that came first and second can run in the run-off

You also need to be a resident of the state, Trump is a resident of Florida.

Edit: Actually inhabitant not resident, either way in addition to this being a run off as stated above, Trump has no connection with Georgia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,212 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

paul71 wrote: »
    You also need to be a resident of the state, Trump is a resident of Florida.

Edit: Actually inhabitant not resident, either way in addition to this being a run off as stated above, Trump has no connection with Georgia.

God could you imagine him trying his hand at a seat in congress or the senate where theres actual rules for nearly everything under the sun

Roll on judgement day for Trump, Giuliani and their lawyers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I reckon it could just be as simple as he loves the attention. He's clearly an extrovert who enjoys being on camera. His media appearances are often very performative. Add to that that he actually agrees with a lot of Trump's core messages and you have a willing media foot soldier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Mission accomplished, time to unfollow this thread for my general mental health and well being.

This thread has been one of the greatest boards.ie moments, with a quality of discourse throughout that has been outstanding. Thank you to all the contributers for your insight. A special mention to the moderators who have worked so hard to maintain the quality of discussion (I received a warning or two along the way!), it must have been a full time job. Much appreciated.

Like other posters previous to you, I was very much looking forward to this thread withering away and maybe just being a depository - though, a suppository some might say after these four years - of any commentary of his post-Presidential life which will hopefully be tied up in court and endless litigation.

That being said, it's been a most enlightening thread in all of its iterations.

---

There have ben so many times over the last 4-5 years where we have all said, "Surely he can't do that" and yet here we are at the very end, and there's still more levels to the bottom of the barrel that we could have never known about.

With the finalisation of counts in most places being done by the end of the week, how can he possibly square that circle?

He has backed himself into such a corner that it's impossible to see how he EVER accepts the result. I just don't see how he of all people rolls back.

The two new dogs in the WH, Champ and Major two German Shepards should have no problem getting Trump out of the White House.

Like other posters previous to you, I was very much looking forward to this thread withering away and maybe just being a depository - though, a suppository some might say after these four years - of any commentary of his post-Presidential life which will hopefully be tied up in court and endless litigation.

That being said, it's been a most enlightening thread in all of its iterations.

---

There have ben so many times over the last 4-5 years where we have all said, "Surely he can't do that" and yet here we are at the every end, and there's still more levels to the bottom of the barrel that we could have never known about.

With the finalisation of counts in most places being done by the end of the week, how can he possibly square that circle?

He has backed himself into such a corner that it's impossible to see how he EVER accepts the result. I just don't see how he of all people rolls back.

His family may be the only people who can bring him around to see facts for what they are, extra to and beyond the USSC ruling that the states [individually or collectively] have no case to answer in respect of his allegations of involvement of voter fraud bursting the bubble he lives in. Costs being awarded against him and those who encouraged him into taking the cases to the U.S.S.C would be a defining judgement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

aloyisious wrote: »
    His family may be the only people who can bring him around to see facts for what they are, extra to and beyond the USSC ruling that the states [individually or collectively] have no case to answer in respect of his allegations of involvement of voter fraud bursting the bubble he lives in. Costs being awarded against him and those who encouraged him into taking the cases to the U.S.S.C would be a defining judgement.

That won't happen sadly - You can be certain that all of this is being paid for via the vehicles of the GOP National Committee or via a shell operation from his campaign.

He'll walk away from these debts just like all the others...

All of this is to salve his ego and to protect his base and their opinion of him.

This is to show him "fighting until the end" and then when inevitably each and every court case is rejected along with the multitude of appeals it will be blamed on the "Deep State" and there will never be an acceptance from him of the loss.

This is all to ensure his base are all still there for whatever he plans to do next - Whether that is starting his "2024 Election Campaign" or starting Trump TV or whatever. He needs to keep that base engaged.

If he gives up and actually confirms that he lost , he loses a big chunk of that core bunch of zealots.

He will go to his grave claiming that victory was his and he was robbed by a global Leftist Cabal.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

aloyisious wrote: »

I would encourage anyone looking to Trump's family to make him face reality to read Mary Trump's book. It is an utterly depressing look inside a thoroughly dysfunctional family and everything I see from his adult children confirms that the next generation appear to be incapable of changing this. I suspect none of them could talk back to him, let alone try to get to acknowledge he is a "loser".

Edit- sorry Aloysious, I used your post to make the point, I'm not suggesting you have blind faith in their capabilities!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And just to post this out in case it isn’t known. The fact that Mike pence is trying to take credit for the Pfizer announcement and linking it to operation warp speed when Pfizer wasn’t part of it means again Mike pence and by extension the trump administration are lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And just to post this out in case it isn’t known. The fact that Mike pence is trying to take credit for the Pfizer announcement and linking it to operation warp speed when Pfizer wasn’t part of it means again Mike pence and by extension the trump administration are lying.

And Nicky Halley, she went further than Pence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Well he's not going to go quietly:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/nov/09/us-election-joe-biden-transition-donald-trump-coronavirus-covid-kamala-harris-live-news-updates?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Defense Sec has been fired.

I'd say he's going to be the first of many over the next few days. What did he do to get the hook at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Well he's not going to go quietly:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/nov/09/us-election-joe-biden-transition-donald-trump-coronavirus-covid-kamala-harris-live-news-updates?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Defense Sec has been fired.

I'd say he's going to be the first of many over the next few days. What did he do to get the hook at this point?

I wouldn't be surprised if Fauci gets the chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭paul71

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Fauci gets the chop.

I wonder, is there time left to impeach him on grounds of mental instability, it was spoken of before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Just wait for all the pardons :mad::mad:

I was worried about this transition phase and the damage this out of control idiot can do....when the hell will the GOP step up!!!

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Just wait for all the pardons :mad::mad:

I was worried about this transition phase and the damage this out of control idiot can do....when the hell will the GOP step up!!!

I'd say ICE will go on a deportation rampage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He’s such a child it’s still amazing he’s the president. I’d say mark esper is the first of many because it’s everyone else’s fault but his. He can fire fauci from the task force but not his everyday job thankfully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement