Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

CNN cut the general off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

About 80% of what Trump said was nonsense. Maybe more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

CNN cut the general off.

Sky still showing it but I just can't watch his crap anymore, it's staged for his goons to credit him with stuff he can't be credited with. Trump or his kids wrote this **** for the stooges to read and demean themselves with.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Took a peak in the Donald for their live watch of the conference starting to finally dawn with some of them that it's over and my are they down about it. Some though are still in denial quoting sun Tzu "appear weak when you are strong", as a response to his low energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

What am i watching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Sad to see that country looking so backwards. Really like a tin pot dictatorship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I wish someone shouted Loser at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

No questions again, off he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The lack of tinting in his hair might be a sign reality is setting in. Add in in the withdrawal of the law firm representing him from the court case, Biden winning the Georgia vote and the federal court throwing out the campaign's Michigan case, he's lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hurrache wrote: »
    I wish someone shouted Loser at the end

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1327371943377440774?s=19

Someone did, but politely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,212 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

God he came close with that whole "my administration wont lockdown" thing. Its funny that his staff are all so firm and have the story locked but the man himself is so useless he lets himself come that close to admitting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Jim Accosta asked him the last time when he was leaving the Press Room, was he a sore loser? Didn't answer.

Gintonious wrote: »
    No questions again, off he goes.

They could have asked him to condemn white supremacy again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The grey hair a more resigned Trump according to Sky News, hopefully a resigned trump with the walls falling in on him and with all those court cases coming....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Water John wrote: »
    Jim Accosta asked him the last time when he was leaving the Press Room, was he a sore loser? Didn't answer.

When?

That gotta hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Headshot wrote: »
    The grey hair a more rescind Trump according to Sky News, hopefully a rescind trump with the walls falling in on him and with all those court cases coming....

Resigned? If so, agreed, but more likely deeply depressed and confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

looksee wrote: »
    Resigned? If so, agreed, but more likely deeply depressed and confused.

If the media reports of opinion differences between his older sons and his daughter & her hubby where it come to advising him on what to do next are TRUE in the midst of battle, + his professional advisors going down with covid-19 not there for face-to-face meetings, I'd agree with your estimate. Working amongst sick advisors and staffers in a sick building after recovering from Covid-19 would get me antsy.

Saying that, the White House would need a good fumigating before any new resident moved in in 2021. If I was Joe, I'd reside & work somewhere safe.

aloyisious wrote: »

Saying that, the White House would need a good fumigating before any new resident moved in in 2021. If I was Joe, I'd reside & work somewhere safe.

When Obama's administration left I think they took all the w keys off keyboards, I can picture Trump's lot coughing on everything in sight to spread some covid around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

When Obama's administration left I think they took all the w keys off keyboards, I can picture Trump's lot coughing on everything in sight to spread some covid around.

You think?

looksee wrote: »
    You think?

I was wrong! It was Bill Clinton's outgoing administration. Oops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Trump skipped out on the SouthEast Asia summit again (3rd year missing in a row), sending the national security advisor instead. China allowed to grow it's influence, and USA declines.

Has there been an administration anywhere close to this incompetent? (USA or elsewhere)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That was Clinton messing with Dubya:
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-jun-12-na-clinton12-story.html

(the GOP asked the GAO to investigate and spent a few hundred thousand dollars determining there was $15,000 worth of damage done)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

astrofool wrote: »
    Trump skipped out on the SouthEast Asia summit again (3rd year missing in a row), sending the national security advisor instead. China allowed to grow it's influence, and USA declines.

Has there been an administration anywhere close to this incompetent? (USA or elsewhere)

I think Boris Johnson is coming up on the inside. Neck and neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

astrofool wrote: »

Ff/FG coalition stumbles from one farce to another

Still wouldn't say it's remotely comparable. They're far from perfect but have managed the pandemic far better than the US. They also haven't downplayed it .

Still wouldn't say it's remotely comparable. They're far from perfect but have managed the pandemic far better than the US. They also haven't downplayed it .

Il have to disagree with you there

I didn't think we were exclusively talking about the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

aloyisious wrote: »

It will need a deep clean.
    Coronavirus particles aside, could be other deposits left by a departing Trump team.
    On another subject I wonder if the shredders are running day and night in there now?! Could be a good business to be in.

Il have to disagree with you there

I think think we were exclusively talking about the pandemic.

The pandemic has very much so been a key aspect of the coalition so it's a pretty good way to grade on. Coronavirus has also been one of the biggest disasters of the Trump administration. On top of that, it's one of many cluster****s from the administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think there's a great deal of solace that can be taken with the above statement.

The kind of petty corruption we've seen with the Varadkar leaking scandal, or the petty incompetence of humming and hawing over whether or not to lockdown for a couple of weeks before going ahead with it, or the LC results, and that the discourse around those events has been relatively measured and based in serious, material disagreements with how to operate a government, shows the massive gulf in quality of our politics vs that of the US.

We're not stuck in debates about the straightforward nature of reality. Covid is real and a problem. The housing crisis is real and a problem. There is a relatively nuanced debate about how to resolve such issues, and where you fall on how to approach the problem, isn't a guaranteed predictor of who you support, because our politics isn't solely based on tribalism.

Now, that doesn't mean that our disagreements are petty or unwarrented, but I think it's always worth bearing in mind that we do have a functional society and can have disagreements without going to war with one another.

• Advertisement

The pandemic has very much so been a key aspect of the coalition so it's a pretty good way to grade on. Coronavirus has also been one of the biggest disasters of the Trump administration. On top of that, it's one of many cluster****s from the administration.

Yes agreed but again we are not talking exclusively about the pandemic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement