Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Billy Barr is gone awful quiet , again. V little being said of unenviable double that he has acheived, now that takes some doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭abff

I have to say that of all the people I would like to see in handcuffs, William Barr is a very close second to Donald Trump.

abff wrote: »
    I have to say that of all the people I would like to see in handcuffs, William Barr is a very close second to Donald Trump.

nah it has to be mikeswiveleyekoch pompeo, i'd love to know what treasonus acts he has got up to. the fooker scares me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭abff

jamule wrote: »
    nah it has to be mikeswiveleyekoch pompeo, i'd love to know what treasonus acts he has got up to. the fooker scares me

Definitely a worthy candidate. Let’s throw Mitch and Rudy into the mix too. Be nice to see all 5 of them in chains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

jamule wrote: »

Pompeo & Barr are excellent shouts.

I'll add Stephen Miller to the mix to make a pretty abhorrent trinity. The guy seems to get off on being evil to asylum seekers and he also writes really really terrible speeches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pompeo & Barr are excellent shouts.

I'll add Stephen Miller to the mix to make a pretty abhorrent trinity. The guy seems to get off on being evil to asylum seekers and he also writes really really terrible speeches.

Eric, Jared and Ivanka, also every "press Secretary" that has gone on T.V and blatantly lied to the American people on Trumps behalf.

I see Samuel Alito gave a keynote speech to the Federalist society the other night where he was unusually forthright about his opinions on various matters. There was nothing surprising to anyone who keeps an eye on his judgements but still telling to see it uttered so frankly. I wonder does he feeling emboldened now that ACB has replaced RBG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I see Samuel Alito gave a keynote speech to the Federalist society the other night where he was unusually forthright about his opinions on various matters. There was nothing surprising to anyone who keeps an eye on his judgements but still telling to see it uttered so frankly. I wonder does he feeling emboldened now that ACB has replaced RBG.

Would that have included an opinion that a modern version of civil marriage was denying some citizens the civil liberty to protest against a particular section of society which is now availing of said marriage-version? I saw elsewhere today that a U.S.S.C judge had commented on something similar but on checking for facts found only a reference to a U.S.S.C judge's comments made 5 years ago.

CNN's reporting that the GOP are going to invest 20 Million dollars ion the run-off elections in Jan for the two Georgia Senate seats, one of which [Senator Loeffler's] looks like it may be taken by the Democrats. The other seat is less likely to move from Red to Blue. The result could be either 51 Red - 49 Blue or if the Dems took both seats from the GOP, 50 Red and 50 Blue.

That could result, in the case of a tied-vote, of the U.S vice president being called into the senate in his/her role as Senate President pro-tem, to cast the deciding vote on the split-vote issue. The need is great for both parties to gain both seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,700 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So let me understand this. Loads of people turn out in Washington DC to protest against the alleged voting fraud. Alleged, with no evidence, by Trump.

But Trump leaves them at and goes and plays golf instead? Wouldn't even bother to stop and sayva few words?

And these people think Trump cares about them? He literally drove past it, and lives next door.

So he can get the police to tear gas protestors so he can walk to a church so a photo op, but couldn't arsed postponing a golf game for his supporters holding a rally in direct support of him.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So let me understand this. Loads of people turn out in Washington DC to protest against the alleged voting fraud. Alleged, with no evidence, by Trump.

But Trump leaves them at and goes and plays golf instead? Wouldn't even bother to stop and sayva few words?

And these people think Trump cares about them? He literally drove past it, and lives next door.

So he can get the police to tear gas protestors so he can walk to a church so a photo op, but couldn't arsed postponing a golf game for his supporters holding a rally in direct support of him.

Nobody holds Trump voters in more contempt than Trump himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did you see the CNN reporter talking to Trump supporters about Fox News and how they believe it’s now gone liberal. Tucker Carlson is the shining light it seems. So if tucker Carlson is the shining light then the light house that is Fox News is going to have many shipwrecks.

Also, the CNN reporter said that president trump likes Fox and friends and goes on there, which is true he does. The response was “maybe.” Some of the trump base is beyond saving if that’s representative of their thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,561 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yup that's why he wants them to pay for his failed election bid by masking it that he's fighting the supposed "voter fraud"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

At least he'll be remembered for the great wall he built

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Say what you want about Trump, but for anyone who holds conservative values then he's your only real bet.

If you are a practicing Christian, Muslim or Jew then you would be anti gay marriage, anti transgenderism, not happy about these new toilets whereby any man identifying as a woman can go into the women's. You'd be (or should be) anti war as well as anti abortion (or at least your tax dollars paying for it).

So it's no surprise whatsoever that Trump got 71M votes. The media do ridicule him far more than they ridicule Biden, yes that is his own fault because he hasn't quite refined the art of speech. However, when judged on his actual policies he was on point for vast swathes of the population, to top it all of he engaged in no new wars - no needless bloodshed thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,626 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Boris in the UK may not be long following Trump out the door. Neither man achieved SFA positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Water John wrote: »
    Boris in the UK may not be long following Trump out the door. Neither man achieved SFA positive.

Covid has done it for Boris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,626 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It has don it for Trump too. If he handled it correctly, he'd have walked back in, despite all his faults.

1123heavy wrote: »
    Say what you want about Trump, but for anyone who holds conservative values then he's your only real bet.

If you are a practicing Christian, Muslim or Jew then you would be anti gay marriage, anti transgenderism, not happy about these new toilets whereby any man identifying as a woman can go into the women's. You'd be (or should be) anti war as well as anti abortion (or at least your tax dollars paying for it).

So it's no surprise whatsoever that Trump got 71M votes. The media do ridicule him far more than they ridicule Biden, yes that is his own fault because he hasn't quite refined the art of speech. However, when judged on his actual policies he was on point for vast swathes of the population, to top it all of he engaged in no new wars - no needless bloodshed thankfully.

which one of them actually practises his religion? (and no golf is not an actual religion).

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭O'Neill

There's not a lot of difference between Trump and Biden. Biden is every bit as conservative, in fact even more so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

He was the only choice for paleoconservatives in a party which has been dominated by Rockefeller Republicans and then neoconservatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I guess a 1/4 of a million Americans dead don’t count?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I guess a 1/4 of a million Americans dead don’t count?

i'm all them drone strikes were necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If you were a practising Christian one wonders why you would vote for a man that never attended church before running for office, who has cheated on more than one wife, who has bragged about sexually assaulting women, who not only does not love his neighbours but calls them rapists and wants to build a wall to keep them out, who not only refuses to 'turn the cheek' but revels in holding vendettas against people, etc. etc.

Trump speaks to the very worst hypocrisy of those who profess to be followers of faith, and those who claim to be God-fearing and who support him are either delusional - the ones you'll see in photos touching him as if he's a messiah - or downright dishonest, i.e. they know full well he is the antithesis of what they purport to stand for, but they've turned off the critical voice in their heads because they get a kick out of watching him be a bully and a narcissist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you were a practising Christian one wonders why you would vote for a man that never attended church before running for office, who has cheated on more than one wife, who has bragged about sexually assaulting women, who not only does not love his neighbours but calls them rapists and wants to build a wall to keep them out, who not only refuses to 'turn the cheek' but revels in holding vendettas against people, etc. etc.

Trump speaks to the very worst hypocrisy of those who profess to be followers of faith, and those who claim to be God-fearing and who support him are either delusional - the ones you'll see in photos touching him as if he's a messiah - or downright dishonest, i.e. they know full well he is the antithesis of what they purport to stand for, but they've turned off the critical voice in their heads because they get a kick out of watching him be a bully and a narcissist.

In a country where a fair number of people get very wealthy by telling people that god wants them to send their money to this address for whatever today's flavour of promise happens to be, why would a snake oil salesman be less likely to find favour? He is the ultimate self-salesman with absolutely no moral compass talking to people who want to be conned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Water John wrote: »
    It has don it for Trump too. If he handled it correctly, he'd have walked back in, despite all his faults.

If trump had handled covid even remotely well like other countries who were scrambling early on but to varying degrees got a handle on the virus and got varying opinion poll bumps. He had the economy ticking over if he’d done something to slow the virus it’s obvious he could have won. The thing is trump knew the seriousness of the virus and decided to do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    If trump had handled covid even remotely well like other countries who were scrambling early on but to varying degrees got a handle on the virus and got varying opinion poll bumps. He had the economy ticking over if he’d done something to slow the virus it’s obvious he could have won. The thing is trump knew the seriousness of the virus and decided to do nothing.

You cannot control the USA like Europe, totally different animal. Even then when you consider their 350M population (essentially the size of Europe), their death rate % wise is very similar. The media do not highlight this fact though.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭DonegalBay

IMO, everything that is currently happening and indeed everything that has happened during the last 4 years will always be underpinned by that statement Trump made early on in his election run.

"I could shoot someone on 5th avenue and I wouldn't lose a vote"

Loathe him or love, he had it figured out from the start and has played it to it's full potential.

All those marchers in DC today claiming obvious voter fraud, just remind yourself....

"I could shoot someone on 5th avenue and I wouldn't lose a vote"

So many complain about people who follow mainstream media as being sheep, but here was someone saying to the world his followers are sheep. He didn't even try to sugarcoat it. Yet so few of them see it, truly bizarre.

Following on from the withdrawal of a private law firm prosecuting for the Trump campaign, Rudy Giuliani has stepped into the breach for the campaign and Trump. He's going to be the chief lawyer handling the cases being brought to the various courts. AFAIK, Rudy was working Pro-Bono on behalf of Trump so if he continues as such, the need for cash to fund the legal cases should be lessened, something Lindsey Graham will no doubt appreciate as he's doing the fundraising for the cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

Another loss for Trump announced today
    Federal judge rules acting DHS head Chad Wolf unlawfully appointed, invalidates DACA suspension

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/federal-judge-rules-acting-dhs-head-chad-wolf-unlawfully-appointed-n1247848

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement