Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

AMKC wrote: »
    I would not surprised be if he did commit suicide before his term ends.

That seems very, very out of character, but it's probably not something to speculate on anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Just saw a timeline of events.

08:57am: Trump tweeted how Raffensberger hadn't a clue.
    10:57am: Raffensberger replied to say Trump was lying and the Truth would come out.
    01:17pm: Washington Post released the audio.

Guess that puts to bed who gave the audio to the Washington Post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Trump will need Pence as President for a pardon, the way things are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Just saw a timeline of events.

08:57am: Trump tweeted how Raffensberger hadn't a clue.
    10:57am: Raffensberger replied to say Trump was lying and the Truth would come out.
    01:17pm: Washington Post released the audio.

Guess that puts to bed who gave the audio to the Washington Post :)

I think any sensible official of state or federal government who isn't a Trump sycophant would be recording their calls with him just as a precaution in case he tries to throw them under a bus for something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,621 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump will pardon himself and his family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,881 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Georgian JDs have identified GA state laws Trump could be indictable under, without the ability to pardon. (thread)

https://twitter.com/jedshug/status/1345807179085918209?s=20

RobertKK wrote: »
    Trump will need Pence as President for a pardon, the way things are going.

Even that wouldn't help with everything that is waiting for him the end of his term (e.g. loan repayments), and potentially waiting for him (state level cases)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Even that wouldn't help with everything that is waiting for him the end of his term (e.g. loan repayments), and potentially waiting for him (state level cases)

The way things are going he will be seeking asylum from his Russian friend.

It looks so bad for him.

It looks so bad for him.

That would only happen if it benefits Putin in some way. As to if or how it would potentially benefit Putin, I might leave to the more conspiracy theory minded to argue.

It looks so bad for him.

Saw a news story yesterday that Putin signed a law granting immunity to former Russian Presidents for life! This is after changing laws which would mean he can serve as President until 2036. Not to mind how 'dissidents' are treated there.

Bet Trump looks on in absolute envy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

The Trump team response to the recording: a lawsuit from the Trump side that the recording of the multiple-person conversation by the Georgia State people or Mr Raffenspergers lawyer was an illegal act. The reverse angle to such a lawsuit [as I see it] is that if the White House team [legal or otherwise] also recorded the conversation without seeking Mr Raffensperger's lawyer permission, it would destroy the Trump lawsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

aloyisious wrote: »
    The Trump team response to the recording: a lawsuit from the Trump side that the recording of the multiple-person conversation by the Georgia State people or Mr Raffenspergers lawyer was an illegal act. The reverse angle to such a lawsuit [as I see it] is that if the White House team [legal or otherwise] also recorded the conversation without seeking Mr Raffensperger's lawyer permission, it would destroy the Trump lawsuit.

It probably doesn't matter at this stage. By the time it might get to court it will be irrelevant. He's toast anyway - it's just further proof that he's utterly corrupt. Basically, it's like stabbing a corpse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/comments/kptgtz/washington_post_reports_trump_pressured_georgia/

Even r/conservative shocked by how bad this is, nothing will come of it of course, imagine if Obama was caught on tape asking for this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I think that Georgia allows audio recordings with just one party's permission. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_(U.S._state)_wiretapping_laws

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Jesus i cant believe his opening argument was his rallies were bigger than bidens, therefore he won the election. That's what an actual child would come out with.

So a Omarosa Manigault-Newman or reverse Omarosa Manigault-Newman type situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just taking a break from the nfl action to get myself up to speed on this utter mess and I’ve not listened to the whole tape obviously but I’ve listened to bits of audio and read the transcript that was posted here and sweet Jesus Trump is nuts. Or as my late grandfather said When the situation warranted it “There’s a want in that ****ing gob****e.” It can’t be an act at this stage because no one is that stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Texas Governor Dan Patrick offered a million dollars to anyone who could offer evidence and identify fraud or attempted fraud in the 2020 election. Who will be the first to claim the $1 million?

froog wrote: »
    Jesus i cant believe his opening argument was his rallies were bigger than bidens, therefore he won the election. That's what an actual child would come out with.

Immediately quashable by the Biden campaign pointing out that his campaign rally numbers were held within the different state Covid-19 restriction limits, as reported on at the time by the different news/media outlets [incl Fox News] comparing rally numbers as indicative of who got the most support from his fanbase.

The difference of opinion between Trump and his chief of staff and the lawyer on his team stated in the recording in respect to the supposed numbers of dead and living voters in Georgia was outstanding. Trump: there was, - his team: No Mr president, there wasn't. It's an example of his: I am the captain of my ship, make it so. from his previous way of running his ship.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just taking a break from the nfl action to get myself up to speed on this utter mess and I’ve not listened to the whole tape obviously but I’ve listened to bits of audio and read the transcript that was posted here and sweet Jesus Trump is nuts. Or as my late grandfather said When the situation warranted it “There’s a want in that ****ing gob****e.” It can’t be an act at this stage because no one is that stupid.

Do yourself a favour and listen to the full audio tomorrow at some point.

It was perfect, like a 'made for spotify' production. All the participants are introduced at the outset and the audio is crystal clear from everyone all the time.
    And every topic is discussed in detail, there was no section where I was wondering wait, what is this in relation to.

It's funny, but sill there's a sinister element to all this. 74M people aren't going to listen to this and change their mind. They and the people who win their favor in future elections are going to say 'We need to make sure there is no doubt' and all this noise around this election will be used then to refuse investigations which are genuinely required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭storker

froog wrote: »

But that's what he is, an overgrown toddler with about as much impulse control. And a nappy too, if the rumours are true.

Someone just yelled at me that Trumps “privacy rights under FISA” were violated because the audio leaked.

Where to start with that.

There's another angle to the election result that's been made public comment on by former U.S Secretaries of Defense and that is [IMO] the deliberate mention by the man Trump hired and fired as his NSA, retired General Michael Flynn, of the use of martial law AND the U.S military to overturn the legal election by the voters of Biden into the presidency. it seems they DON't agree, as former civilian bosses of the U.S military, with Flynn's opinion that it would be OK for the president to use the U.S Military [standing forces and reserve state forces] to overturn the popular and electoral college vote result.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/former-defense-secretaries-rebuke-trump-election/2021/01/03/1c708f64-4de5-11eb-b2e8-3339e73d9da2_story.html

Edit: In case you're firewalled from the above WaPo link, there's this one... https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/former-defense-secretaries-warn-using-military-to-settle-election-would-be-unlawful-and-unconstitutional/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Thargor wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/comments/kptgtz/washington_post_reports_trump_pressured_georgia/

Even r/conservative shocked by how bad this is, nothing will come of it of course, imagine if Obama was caught on tape asking for this...

If this is the case, i'll be really p1ssed off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

" imagine if Obama was caught on tape asking for this..."

The democrats would defend him, my team vs your team bolloox.

Will be interesting to see how many Republicans will turn on trump like rats fleeing from a sinking ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

JJayoo wrote: »

Will be interesting to see how many Republicans will turn on trump like rats fleeing from a sinking ship

I'd wager never to zero. Trump has huge popularity among GOP voters and as a result many Republican politicians are doing the "smart" thing and sticking by him, or at the very least saying nothing to appear "disloyal".

As for the audio, it could finish a politician or even a leader, but it's just another Sunday for Trump. I doubt it will have any real impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It looks so bad for him.

When a useful idiot stops being useful, you're just left with a f**king idiot. I can't imagine Putin would want him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,726 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

JJayoo wrote: »
    " imagine if Obama was caught on tape asking for this..."

The democrats would defend him, my team vs your team bolloox.

Well we will never know because it never happened and I can't imagine any same president would do it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement