Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

paul71 wrote: »
    That lady is now confirmed dead. There can be no doubt who is responsible for her death, Donald Trump. I sincerely hope it is the last tonight.

His rhetoric certainly played a part, but she made her own choice to storm to Capitol Building today. I'm surprised she's the only fatality so far tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

marno21 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1346954970910707712

This fella is just completely ****ing nuts. If the 25th Amendment wasn't created for this, what on earth was it created for?

Seriously!!! And to think he'll get away with all this!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The woman who was shot has died - CNN

Dreadful video of her being stretchered out earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Madness is spreading, MAGA supporters surrounding state capitols in Georgia, Texas, Kansas, Michigan, Oregano and California

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

christ just ban him from twitter already before more people are killed.

• Advertisement

His rhetoric certainly played a part, but she made her own choice to storm to Capitol Building today. I'm surprised she's the only fatality so far tbh.

He ordered his mob to march on the Capitol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Looks like they're banning replies to his tweets now.

They need to complete the certification now. They cannot let Trump and his terror mob stop democracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's not. And that action I have no quarrel with being considered a terroristic act.

You are all making it sound like this is the first time an angry crowd has illegally crashed a legislative body because they don't like something. Unless you consider all such occasions to be domestic terrorism, I guess.

What if the violence was, instead, caused by the politicians themselves? The Italian parliament would be a veritable den of domestic terrorism!

As I posted earlier, they did. https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/04/politics/muriel-bowser-dc-national-guard-protests/index.html

Who is "they"? By that logic, everyone partaking in BLM protests is a destructive criminal, because of a few folks.

Let's park the "it's/it's not terrorism" for one second.

How in the blue hell did this happen? Practically the whole government/chain of command in one place at the one time on one of the most important days of this year.

A massive protest happening roughly one mile away with a known potential for violence/trouble.

Why were they allowed to get near the building never mind in it?

Why was there no security cordon aroumd the capitol building?

Anyone who has been to Washington knows how tight security is, with the president or/and the VP in residence it's fun to play spot the snipers on the rooftops.

Yet here we have the VP and every person of importance in a building and a crowd are allowed not only to approach the building but are actually allowed to storm it and get inside!

Every terrorist organisation in the world must be kicking themselves right now at the missed opportunity, imagine you're the new Bin Laden and you're watching TV right now thinking how easy it would have been to deal a massive blow to the US today.

Someone royally fùcked up today and heads have to roll over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Trump should be taken into care. Clearly mentally ill.

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote: »
    He ordered his mob to march on the Capitol

And it was their own choice to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Looks like they're banning replies to his tweets now.

Yep, no replies or likes. First time i've seen that.

That might tick him off - he is so self absorbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Jesus Christ. Imagine a situation where protesters are attacking the centre of American democracy and the sitting president replies with a conspiracy theory, while half heartedly asking them to go home.

What strikes me in this whole event is how pathetic the reaction has been to people storming government buildings. The president has sent the message to America's enemies that they could quite easily launch an attack on the American government. All because Trump's ego couldn't handle loosing.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭O'Neill

The moment the protestors broke in, I couldn't but be reminded of the Belfast City Hall flag protests a number of years ago:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,719 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Let's park.the "it's/it's not terrorism" for one second.

How in the blue hell did this happen? Practically the whole government/chain of command in one place at the one time on one of the most important days of this year.

A massive protest happening roughly one mile away with a known potential for violence/trouble.

Why were they allowed to get near the building never mind in it?

Why was there no security cordon.aroumd the capitol building?

Anyone who has been to Washington knows how tight security is, with the president or and the VP in residence it's fun to play spot the snipers on the rooftops.

Yet here we have the VP and every person of importance in a building and a crowd are allowed not only to approach the building but are actually allowed to storm it and get inside!

Every terrorist organisation in the world must be kicking themselves right now at the missed opportunity, imagine you're the new Bin Laden and you're watching TV right now thinking how easy it would have been to deal a.massive blow to the US today.

Someone royally fùcked up today and heads have to roll over this.

No they couldnt have because only white conservatives could have gotten this far especially given what I would call collusion from some police

And it was their own choice to do so.

So from that perspective you believe Trump has no responsibility or accountability for what has happened today as the mob did everything themselves out of their own free will?

No wonder Trump believes he's untouchable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

The woman who was shot has just died. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭feelings

Facebook have removed Trumps video from earlier today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

'Pentagon says Pence, not Trump, approved national guard deployment
    The acting secretary of defense, Christopher Miller, said in a statement that he discussed the deployment of national guard troops to the Capitol with Mike Pence, not Donald Trump.

“Chairman Milley and I just spoke separately with the Vice President and with Speaker Pelosi, Leader McConnell, Senator Schumer and Representative Hoyer about the situation at the US Capitol,” Miller said in the statement.' Guardian

Pence in effect, had to replace the President. Section 25 should be invoked today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Madness is spreading, MAGA supporters surrounding state capitols in Georgia, Texas, Kansas, Michigan, Oregano and California

They are making up for lost Thyme...:pac:

frag420 wrote: »
    They are making up for lost Thyme...:pac:

Your response is great that I won't bother going back to correct the mistake! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I'm very impressed by Twitter's actions in neutering Trump's tweets. He can't handle loosing elections so I imagine that this will send him bawling again. He has to be the most pathetic example of a politician I have ever seen.

So from that perspective you believe Trump has no responsibility or accountability for what has happened today as the mob did everything themselves out of their own free will?

No wonder Trump believes he's untouchable

I never said he bore no responsibility or accountability, I think he should be removed from office and arrested for the part he played in today's insurrection.

However, I also believe in free will. This poor, deluded woman is dead because she made the choice to storm the Capitol Building whilst trying to thwart democracy. That was her choice and her choice only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Your response is great that I won't bother going back to correct the mistake! :pac:

Have you a link on that?

What were his last 2 tweets? Twitter removed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,721 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Twitter have just deleted this post from Trump.
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    ·
    33m
    These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭feelings

Twitter have now removed his earlier tweets, including the video.
    feelings wrote: »
    Facebook have removed Trumps video from earlier today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Well why is it being reported only within the last while that it’s only being activated ? They might have approved the request but clearly didn’t go beyond that.

They did. What's being reported now is the activation of the entire DC Guard, as opposed to the partial activation which had been requested ahead of time and approved.
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    You invaded their country because some of them were terrorists.

Technically, we invaded because they harbored terrorists and wouldn't hand them over. A distinction. That members of the Taliban, themselves, later started to use terroristic techniques was not relevant at the time.
    froog wrote: »
    they have found viable pipe bombs at the democratic and republican headquarters and the capitol building. - source, CNN

I'll try again in three lines.
    Planting bombs (or even threatening to plant bombs) for ideological goals = terrorism
    Storming a legislative chamber =/= terrorism. A shooting offense, sure. But not terrorism.
    It is possible for both conditions to happen simultaneously and to distinguish between them.
    Detritus70 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply.
    By not taking a stand, you are taking a stand.
    No need for further replies, you're obviously happy with goings on at the moment.

Umm. You have missed the last five or six pages of forceful discussion? To include my expressing unequivocal disapproval of the actions of the protestors both as to motivation and technique? What the hell more do you want for me to "take a stand"?

This is why I took a break from this thread. Heaven forbid I should have any form of partial disagreement or quibble, for fear I be branded an extremist/Trumpist/whatever-the-hell-you-genetically-disapprove of.

Again, I observe it is not enough that I condemn without any reservation at all the actions which occurred in DC, which I have explicitly done; I must also use the approved form of verbal description to do it, despite my belief that it is not applicable. And instead of simply disagreeing on the grounds of interpretation of a word which HAS NO UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTED DEFINITION (See sentence #1 for the Wiki entry for "Terrorism"), I am deemed to have lost credibilty, gone off the edge, become delusional, and become a mental gymnast, to quote other posters.

This is the standard of political discourse on Boards? You're no better than American politicians.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement