Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump's account locked. His propaganda tool has been removed. He'll go up the wall if he isn't there already (insiders say he already is)

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1346971540378718210

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

When news comes that congress is to resume sitting, it might stir up the hardliners still facing the police lines. For their own sake, I wish the Washington residents rubbernecking would clear off home and watch events safely on a screen. They certainly wont see the congress resumption from outside the Capitol. Twitter has removed his access for 12 hours and the White House has apparently decided there will be silence tonight from that quarter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

froog wrote: »
    the big worry would be trump starting a war with iran. it's most definitely not beyond the realms of possibility with the latest uranium enrichment news.

He's not going to start a war with Iran in two weeks.

He had a team of neocon war mongers who were obsessed with Iran for last few years and we never got such a scenario.

To start a war in two weeks would need incredible political nous which he clearly doesn't have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

They say one more infraction will get him a perma ban

Why is this more shocking to me than the riots, I can't say

Is he on Parler or whatever is en vogue for MAGA at the moment? Serious question...

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »

Twitter telling Trump what to do and he has to do it or he won't get back on. He'll go ballistic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

They did. What's being reported now is the activation of the entire DC Guard, as opposed to the partial activation which had been requested ahead of time and approved.

Technically, we invaded because they harbored terrorists and wouldn't hand them over. A distinction. That members of the Taliban, themselves, later started to use terroristic techniques was not relevant at the time.

I'll try again in three lines.
    Planting bombs (or even threatening to plant bombs) for ideological goals = terrorism
    Storming a legislative chamber =/= terrorism. A shooting offense, sure. But not terrorism.
    It is possible for both conditions to happen simultaneously and to distinguish between them.

Umm. You have missed the last five or six pages of forceful discussion? To include my expressing unequivocal disapproval of the actions of the protestors both as to motivation and technique? What the hell more do you want for me to "take a stand"?

This is why I took a break from this thread. Heaven forbid I should have any form of partial disagreement or quibble, for fear I be branded an extremist/Trumpist/whatever-the-hell-you-genetically-disapprove of.

Again, I observe it is not enough that I condemn without any reservation at all the actions which occurred in DC, which I have explicitly done; I must also use the approved form of verbal description to do it, despite my belief that it is not applicable. And instead of simply disagreeing on the grounds of interpretation of a word which HAS NO UNIVERSALLY ACCEPTED DEFINITION (See sentence #1 for the Wiki entry for "Terrorism"), I am deemed to have lost credibilty, gone off the edge, become delusional, and become a mental gymnast, to quote other posters.

This is the standard of political discourse on Boards? You're no better than American politicians.
    My god, 2 meltdowns 1 day. When there is literally no one else backing up your point it might be a decent sign that you're wrong. Either that or everyone here (except for you - of course!) is "no better than American politics."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

There are republicans tweeting to have Trump impeached now.

The sense is the rubicon has finally been crossed.

Unless the Republicans are somewhat MAGA orientated or loyal Trumpers before now then sadly it doesn't matter.

It needs to be those who are respected in that world to come out with harsh criticism for it to properly sting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You invaded their country because some of them were terrorists.
    Way off topic. But most of the 9/11 terrorists and their leader came from Saudi. And Bin Laden's relations were allowed fly out of the country during the no-fly period afterwards instead of helping law officers with their inquires.

What was that political quote ? "never waste a good crisis "

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Unless the Republicans are somewhat MAGA orientated or loyal Trumpers before now then sadly it doesn't matter.

It needs to be those who are respected in that world to come out with harsh criticism for it to properly sting.

Apparently Ted Cruz and the rest are meeting right now on the situation.

That's the guy who's wife Trump denegrated publicly and he still went around as a serf for him.

We'll see.

None of these people have integrity or backbone.

But if they decide they can go no further you never know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Twitter telling Trump what to do and he has to do it or he won't get back on. He'll go ballistic!

Particularly since he couldn't hijack one of the recent bills to try reign in companies such as Twitter and Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Shelga wrote: »
    Presume it would be section 4 of the 25th amendment which would be invoked, which allows other officials to declare that the president is unfit to lead. It has never been used, although other sections of the 25th have.

I think it requires the votes of two-thirds of both houses- is this really likely to happen? Wouldn’t it just inflame the angry mob so much more?

All they have to do is get through the next 14 days...

Feels like I'm living in a 24 season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Given bidens age he will be doing well to finish his term without health or mental health issues, surely they have younger candidates available

Right... I'm assuming you missed out on the last 2 years of the campaign leading to the election in November? Good thing he has a VP though? Good thinking Joe.

---

Trump's twitter has been locked for 12 hours.

Adam Smith (Rep., DEM, WA) has just called him a narcissistic psychopath. I guess EVERYONE is now completely done after all this.

I am dying to see how Cruz worms his way out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

A pipe bomb has been found at the RNC HQ, and a suspicious package at the DNC one which has been evacuated.

Both are about a half mile from Capitol Hill.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

My god, 2 meltdowns 1 day. When there is literally no one else backing up your point it might be a decent sign that you're wrong. Either that or everyone here (except for you - of course!) is "no better than American politics."

I am willing to accept the latter possibility, at least in the case of those who are arguing my motives as opposed to accepting that I may have an honest difference of opinion on what should be categorised as terrorism.

I reckon someone was on to Twitter and Facebook to say "enough". I don't believe they did it freely.

Maybe from the next administration or law enforcement or the military.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Today is going to be quite a day in Washington :D:D

Never a truer word was spoken Prop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I am willing to accept the latter possibility, at least in the case of those who are arguing my motives as opposed to accepting that I may have an honest difference of opinion on what should be categorised as terrorism.

What are your thoughts on the bombs found in the RNC and (by the looks of it) DNC only around the corner from Capitol Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭doxy79

Anyone know what the deleted tweets were? I presume just the usual stop the steal nonsense?

Okay, I actually get it now. I also have a different opinion of what a bridge is, no one agrees with me but I don't care, it's my opinion and I know I'm right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Adam Smith is Democrat, but what he said was true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

doxy79 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deleted tweets were? I presume just the usual stop the steal nonsense?

Along the lines of "I love you and what you're doing but go home. And the election was stolen".

Actually, on another note, how arrogant are you? You think people are having a go at you because of your motives? People are having a go at you because of your mental gymnastics. And even as I'm typing this I realise there's not much point debating with someone like you is there..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

L1011 wrote: »
    Along the lines of "I love you and what you're doing but go home. And the election was stolen".

Also one along the lines of this is what happens when you push people too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What are your thoughts on the bombs found in the RNC and (by the looks of it) DNC only around the corner from Capitol Hill?

As much as I regularly disagree with manic I do agree with him.on one aspect of this.

The people who planted these devices are terrorists.

The people who protested (including the majority who entered the capitol building) are not terrorists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Right... I'm assuming you missed out on the last 2 years of the campaign leading to the election in November? Good thing he has a VP though? Good thinking Joe.

---

Trump's twitter has been locked for 12 hours.

Adam Smith (Rep., DEM, WA) has just called him a narcissistic psychopath. I guess EVERYONE is now completely done after all this.

I am dying to see how Cruz worms his way out of this.
    Water John wrote: »

Hence DEM. He's a Representative/Member of the House rather than a Senator hence the Rep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Genuinely bizarre people can still defend trump after this.

L1011 wrote: »

haha that was exactly it

White House insiders described the video as "insane" and "crazy"

Even the hardened Trump sycophants can't take it any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Hurrache wrote: »

Very sad when a social media platform has more power than us president

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭paul71

Water John wrote: »

Rep = representative in his post I think.

Rep, DEM

representative, Democrat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement