Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I imagine that is exactly what they are. He stopped them on the basis that he would out on the stump again, but Tulsa blew a hole in that strategy. So they changed tack to do 1-on-1's, which culminated in the Wallace interview omnishambles.

He got his fix from the Rose Garden, but that was never going to be enough. He mentioned in the Wallace interview that they had health care, tax cuts, loads of things to get passed. It will announcements of a tax cut, new military spend, more border wall - as a side note did anyone see Pence at some stump event at the weekend 'boasting' that they had "already" build 200 miles of wall! In four years!!! - and then he will move to stuff like Biden defunding the police, where is Hunter, Obamagate and then onto some other made up nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,513 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    What's he going to say?

Open the schools?
    It's going away?
    We're testing too much?

Guarantee that these will be mini versions of the Rose Garden event from last week - 5 minutes of cursory Covid stuff followed by random unrelated Biden Attacks for an hour , EVERY day!!!

As mentioned above, the press briefings he'll turn in to campaign stints. The rallys are dead in the water thanks to Covid, the one on one with Wallace showed that he can't shout down and ignore questions, so the press briefings are all he's got now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

At the risk of completely over-analysing a single moment, I saw the moment with the mortality rates again, when Trump demanded to have the stats given to him. The way he loudly snatched the A4 piece of paper felt like a minute but pointed betrayal of spectacular impatience and, I suspect, bottled rage. The man's trigger must be hair thin. I've had bosses (and occasional clients) like him, where their rank ignorance and rudeness often manifest in their brusque physicality.

pixelburp wrote: »
    At the risk of completely over-analysing a single moment, I saw the moment with the mortality rates again, when Trump demanded to have the stats given to him. The way he loudly snatched the A4 piece of paper felt like a minute but pointed betrayal of spectacular impatience and, I suspect, bottled rage. The man's trigger must be hair thin. I've had bosses (and occasional clients) like him, where their rank ignorance and rudeness often manifest in their brusque physicality.

You should come and work in restaurant kitchens, I've experienced a few head chefs with that behavior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Penn wrote: »
    Trump is bringing back the 5pm Coronavirus briefings starting tomorrow.

As bad as they were before, I imagine they're going to be a total sh*tshow now.

Great for ratings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Great for ratings.

It's all he cares about anyway, thousands dead and he will still care more about his ratings than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

If these daily ****shows with Trump, aided and abetted by Birx, are instead of the near-daily Kayleigh McEnany ****shows, rather than being in addition to the Kayleigh "Comical Ali" performances, I'll actually prefer them.

If I'm going to be told loads of blatant lies and know immediately that they're lies, I prefer to hear them directly from the liar himself rather than from a paid liar who lied to our faces when she said "I will never lie to you" and has been lying ever since...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Great for ratings.

Perhaps , but not for votes which is kinda the critical thing right now.

I also suspect that CNN & MSNBC will monitor them very closely and simply cut away from them as soon as he starts electioneering.

I don't think they are going to fall for the same trick again. Once he stops talking about pertinent relevant Covid stuff , they will go back to the Studio.

Fox might even do it , they cut away from the Rose Garden debacle.

Maybe not for the 1st few sessions , but once a clear pattern emerges I don't know if any of the networks will carry them live for their entirety.

“There is a process,” she said. “It has nothing to do with the certain occupant of the White House doesn’t feel like moving and has to be fumigated out of there.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/pelosi-to-trump-youre-getting-kicked-out-if-you-lose-the-race-whether-you-like-it-or-not

fumigated- Pelosi does have a beautiful touch with the bitchy words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Read a very interesting piece from a journalist in the US saying that it's understood (from their own WH sources) someone high level in the White House is actively working against Trump by suggesting putting him in situations where he is essentially making a fool of himself to the public (Being supported by the larger element of WH staff), Chris Wallace Interview the latest.

A crucial element was seeing the Coronavirus briefings return to allow him go off script i.e. Disinfectant gate. It gives me some hope even previous die-hard supporters recognise the damage that has been done and are actively working against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Read a very interesting piece from a journalist in the US saying that it's understood (from their own WH sources) someone high level in the White House is actively working against Trump by suggesting putting him in situations where he is essentially making a fool of himself to the public (Being supported by the larger element of WH staff), Chris Wallace Interview the latest.

A crucial element was seeing the Coronavirus briefings return to allow him go off script i.e. Disinfectant gate. It gives me some hope even previous die-hard supporters recognise the damage that has been done and are actively working against him.

I think I am going to be doing a lot more reading over the next few years when the books come out about peoples experiences of being part of the Trump presidency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Can someone tell me more about this SDNY Judge whose family has just been shot dead in a hit? It's being linked to Epstein and Trump through Deutsche Bank but I don't trust any of the sources I can real without a paywall.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Ben Done

Can you try to find the link, please?

A crucial element was seeing the Coronavirus briefings return to allow him go off script i.e. Disinfectant gate. It gives me some hope even previous die-hard supporters recognise the damage that has been done and are actively working against him.[/QUOTE,
    Well, the return to daily Covid shows is Kelly Anne Conway's idea, so is KAC a Mole? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

KAC manipulated by George, that would be some twist.

kowloon wrote: »
    Can someone tell me more about this SDNY Judge whose family has just been shot dead in a hit? It's being linked to Epstein and Trump through Deutsche Bank but I don't trust any of the sources I can real without a paywall.

From what I'm reading, the alleged shooter was a NYC attorney who has since committed suicide.

Water John wrote: »

And the 15 year old fire breathing daughter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

What's he going to say?

Open the schools?
    It's going away?
    We're testing too much?

Guarantee that these will be mini versions of the Rose Garden event from last week - 5 minutes of cursory Covid stuff followed by random unrelated Biden Attacks for an hour , EVERY day!!!

If Trump turns the briefing into a Q & A session, the question of masks is bound to come up, even if it gives him an excuse to walk away with his presidential dignity offended by the questions.

Questions about the testing should be short and easy to make it hard for him to sidestep: Mr President, are you scared of the test results figures? Are you worried about how the voters read the figures? How are you not able to deal with the reality of the figures?

The siting of chairs for the media should help get perspective on the new campaign manager's power within Trump's team.

I've said it before, KAC and her husband are both singing from the same hymnsheet, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if she is pressing Donald into precarious positions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

duploelabs wrote: »
    “There is a process,” she said. “It has nothing to do with the certain occupant of the White House doesn’t feel like moving and has to be fumigated out of there.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/pelosi-to-trump-youre-getting-kicked-out-if-you-lose-the-race-whether-you-like-it-or-not

fumigated- Pelosi does have a beautiful touch with the bitchy words
    This makes her as bad as Trump iirc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What's he going to say?

Open the schools?
    It's going away?
    We're testing too much?

It is fantastic. All he will do is just give more ammo to attack ads against him. There is a reason why they stopped him doing them.

Billy Mays wrote: »

You're easily offended.

KAC is smart and knows the writing is on the wall unless Trump does something-anything. Doing nothing is not an option.

Billy Mays wrote: »

It's not name calling, that's just pathetically childish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think I am going to be doing a lot more reading over the next few years when the books come out about peoples experiences of being part of the Trump presidency.

It will depend who writes them. Bolton, Scaramucci, Kelly Anne, Sean Spicer, Kayleigh, etc are all more than capable of spinning a book to either optimise their gain or paint themselves in a different pciture.

Id' be more interested if a decent journalist (or more than one) put some time in to speaking to the aides of the above people or others to get a truer reflection of what has gone on.

It will depend who writes them. Bolton, Scaramucci, Kelly Anne, Sean Spicer, Kayleigh, etc are all more than capable of spinning a book to either optimise their gain or paint themselves in a different pciture.

Id' be more interested if a decent journalist (or more than one) put some time in to speaking to the aides of the above people or others to get a truer reflection of what has gone on.
    Bernstein has done that already, two books I think.

I'd say a Bob Woodward Part 2 would be a good one...

Tom you're right I'd say, I picked the wrong one.

Tom you're right I'd say, I picked the wrong one.

I'm not sure why Bernstein hasn't actually done one.. I'd say if himself and Woodward got together with Seth Abrahamson, it would be an absolute cracker. ...

Think saw him review Woodward's book on CNN. Just checked his Wiki page, no recent books. But he's been a busy man, married three times including Nora Ephron. Dated Bianca Jagger, Matha Stewart and Elizabeth Taylor among others.
    Trump though married three times also, doesn't have that A list of dates. Sorry for the side tracking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The Mooch ain’t so bad (relatively speaking)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement