Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its an even bigger clusterfcuk than I could have imagined.

Which?

After a day like today you probably need to be clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its an even bigger clusterfcuk than I could have imagined.

This is just the beginning of it I fear, there are a lot out there emboldened by trump who want to push this to all out civil war.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

On top of bombs being found at the RNC and DNC headquarters right around the corner, they have now found another one at the Capitol... who knows how many else are laying around, and where.

https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/43136716/improvised-explosive-device-found-at-capitol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Trump's account locked. His propaganda tool has been removed. He'll go up the wall if he isn't there already (insiders say he already is)

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1346971540378718210

But the horse has already bolted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The clown of a new Senator from Kansas, Sen. Marshall, is an example of however bad the existing Republican Senators are, that the new ones are worse. Standing up today and continuing with the nonsense of irregularities.

I believe the new Senators from Wyoming and Tennessee are of the same volition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump's account locked. His propaganda tool has been removed. He'll go up the wall if he isn't there already (insiders say he already is)

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1346971540378718210

I'm just surprised that he hasn't moved over to using the official US President Twitter Account, @POTUS.

He used it a few times today, but not since his own account was blocked.

I'm just surprised that he hasn't moved over to using the official US President Twitter Account, @POTUS.

He used it a few times today, but not since his own account was blocked.

I'd say staffers have taken devices off him

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Ted Cruz (TX), Josh Hawley (MO), Cindy Hyde-Smith (MS), John Kennedy (LA) Roger Marshall (KS) and Tommy Tuberville (AL) all vote Aye for Ted Cruz's objection to Arizona results.

Surprised it wasn't more tbh.

94-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭paul71

marno21 wrote: »
    Ted Cruz (TX), Josh Hawley (MO), Cindy Hyde-Smith (MS), John Kennedy (LA) Roger Marshall (KS) and Tommy Tuberville (AL) all vote Aye for Ted Cruz's objection to Arizona results.

Surprised it wasn't more tbh.

94-6

93-6 someone missing or abstain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

paul71 wrote: »

Perdue I think, as his term expired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

93-6 it was. Still could be another 5-6 hours before it's done, with Hawley pissing about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Scenes getting ugly after dark outside, and the police have officially removed the kiddie gloves from earlier on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ks18gg/dc_curfew_being_enforced_proud_boys_and_trump/

Scenes getting ugly after dark outside, and the police have officially removed the kiddie gloves from earlier on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ks18gg/dc_curfew_being_enforced_proud_boys_and_trump/

Spare the rod spoil the child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

But blue lives matter... :rolleyes:

paul71 wrote: »
    Apologies, 93-6. I had forgotten Sen. Perdue of Georgia's term expired and the new Sen. Ossoff isn't seated yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭paul71

marno21 wrote: »
    Apologies, 93-6. I had forgotten Sen. Perdue of Georgia's term expired and the new Sen. Ossoff isn't seated yet.

No need to apologise I was confused myself when I saw only 99 votes. I had not thought of Perdue and would have been very surprised if someone was absent or abstained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I don't think they had any choice numbers wise.

They were overwhelmed.

Pretty much had to stand down as outmanned, unsure what else they could have done here, maybe ask the MAGA boys to chill and they have a look at twitter for solutions?

https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1347031398176223233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1347031398176223233%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cricketweb.net%2Fforum%2Fthreads%2Fthe-american-politics-thread.46729%2Fpage-1667

Rjd2 wrote: »

No pepper spray, no use of batons, no rubber bullets. Clear to see the cops didn't want to hurt "their guys"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

rosser44 wrote: »
    No pepper spray, no use of batons, no rubber bullets. Clear to see the cops didn't want to hurt "their guys"

Isn’t that a cop thwapping a bloke on the ground with his baton about four seconds into the video you quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Awake and catching up on the latest. It's still so surreal, a sitting US president incited a mob, which overran the Capitol, weapons were drawn and fired in the chamber, and he thanked them afterwards. It's actually difficult to process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,717 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Dohnjoe wrote:
    Awake and catching up on the latest. It's still so surreal, a sitting US president incited a mob, which overran the Capitol, weapons were drawn and fired in the chamber, and he thanked them afterwards. It's actually difficult to process.

Ah shur trumps a scumbag, I'm not surprised of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Haraldkare

I presume they also took their issues out on local businesses and grabbed some loot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I cannot fathom how these people still adore him when each and every action he has done is solely for his own purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Detritus70

The FBI is looking for photos, videos and any kind of leads on the breach of the Capitol, so I am hoping that there will be some consequences to their actions.

https://twitter.com/FBIWFO/status/1347047483541749762?s=20

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Serious questions need to be asked about how they easily got in to the capital building.

It was obvious to the dog on the street that Trump was going to whip them up and then something was going to happen and yet they were not prepared with required number of police.

As many ave said previously, if that was BLM protest and they did the same thing, you would have seen Troops on the ground and many many deaths

Something really stinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Haraldkare wrote: »
    I presume they also took their issues out on local businesses and grabbed some loot?
    There are videos of the rioters who stole things from Congressional offices, yes. What's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I honestly thought for a while that the lack of police preparadness and presence outside the Capitol building was a plan to let the protestors blow off steam. Looking at the video above, its plain that something went horribly wrong in preparadness for the chance of large civil disorder. That being said, things the civil authorities didn't do cant be used to excuse the criminal acts of the sitting president, Donald J Trump, against the United States. Strip him of any rights, privileges and honorariums usually given retiring presidents worldwide and finish him off. Governments of other nations should deny him any politeness offered to former presidents of the U.S. Make him an international non-person.

Louis Gohmert just went down in flames, wanting to make his complaint about the election result heard and deliberately sinking it by NOT having a signed objection from a senator.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Trump just all but conceeded, or at least he said he'd have an orderly handover of power. Still claims its fraud, fake etc...but he'll never stop that.

• Advertisement

Reported statement from Trump "there will be an orderly transition of power on the 20th". Thing is, how long will it be before he issues a reversal announcement? He's made anything he says unbelievable except to the believers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement