Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

aloyisious wrote: »
    Thinking about that, if he's stood down on the grounds of mental illness after he issues any pardons in the next few days, they may well be worthless on a "the president was of unsound mind at the time" basis. Ditto on the impeachment probability as they could be challenged as self-serving prior to a quid-pro-quo pardon for him.
    Neither has a legal basis for invalidating pardons. Either the 25th is invoked or it isn't and it's cabinet's job to invoke when he is mentally unfit, beforehand he is deemed fit. Likewise (and I think it came up earlier in this thread but I wouldn't blame anyone for missing it!) I am not aware of any reason the President cannot continue to pardon anyone (other than himself for impeachment - which is where this interesting idea that he can pardon himself for things other than impeachment) during impeachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Worst loser in history, Donald Trump has tweeted he will not attend Joe Biden's inauguration.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1347569870578266115?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Be funny if Melania turned up. She got on like a house on fire with the obamas last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Since Trump and Giuliani directly encouraged the march on Congress, are they complicit in any consequences? An officer died, which I presume is a capitol offence. They are co-conspirators in the the action that followed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trumps Bedminster Golf Club had been awarded the 2022 PGA tournament.

Apparently the PGA have started steps to change this.

Trump has traded on his name for the last 20 years. His business is could well have to separate from him to survive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Thargor wrote: »
    Did anyone see Adam Boltons interview with that looper on Sky News just now lol?

I reckon this is it?
    https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1347570940142628864

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Does anyone think he will be impeached? What an end to his term it would be. I'd say there are people hell bent on making it happen and I hope it does, but realistically could it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Trumps Bedminster Golf Club had been awarded the 2022 PGA tournament.

Apparently the PGA have started steps to change this.

Trump has traded on his name for the last 20 years. His business is could well have to separate from him to survive.

He won’t like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,542 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hurrache wrote: »

I watched that live.

She's nuts, absolutely nuts. I felt so sorry for Adam Bolton, it was car crash tv.
    I have to give her credit though she's makes a great advocate for all that is wrong with Trumps base and the GOP

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Detritus70

WTF is Trump doing back on Twitter?

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Pelosi going full on with the Impeachment, from CNN.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"God fearing..."

I think it always says a lot about anyone who talks about themselves being "god fearing". It's such a ... I dunno, sad little turn of phrase, as if to say one lives one's life fearful of future judgement. On spiritual matters, I really don't know where I stand, but whatever level of mysticism I do have, I don't FEAR any god. I do my best, try to be as good as I can be in any given moment but I'll also stand by my actions if later on I find myself judged.

It's curious how American Conservatives often take fear as their guiding principle of belief, rather than those of charity, forgiveness and love that their bible might otherwise encourage. No wonder they're often the more prejudicial in society, given their baseline intellectualism comes from fear and hostility. Mix that with their Wealth Bible and it they just come across the least "Christian" types I could think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Headshot wrote: »
    I watched that live.

She's nuts, absolutely nuts. I felt so sorry for Adam Bolton, it was car crash tv.
    I have to give her credit though she's makes a great advocate for all that is wrong with Trumps base and the GOP
    Better quality full interview:

I loved the way he just gave up at the end and asked her what its like to live on Planet Fruitcake :D

How often have we seen the MAGA crowd dealing with British or other nationalities journalists and they just assume they're talking to left-wing liberals when they even hint that this isnt normal behaviour for a POTUS? It shows what a total bubble they live in, Andrew Neil the hard core Brexiteer and Ben Shapiro was another one:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So speaker pelosi has asked the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff about denying trump the nuclear codes. That’s surely a first for that to be even asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

No, but it actually wasn't going too badly until after the election. Even then, Pence was shrewd enough to stay as far away from Trump as possible until last week.

pence has played it masterfully right from the start imo. completely anonymous, quietly showing the loyalty to trump to get him the cults votes, and showing none of trump craziness to appeal to undecideds. and finally, distancing himself from trump's final crazy finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Looks like that cop was beaten to death by a fire extinguisher in the middle of it all. I had assumed he was a heart attack or some other freak accident, this is complete madness:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-nw-capitol-police-officer-dies-20210108-f5sy2jrnj5d7jibygzcgiamtny-story.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What in God's name was Sky News doing, giving that woman airtime? An absolute fruit loop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Looks like that cop was beaten to death by a fire extinguisher in the middle of it all. I had assumed he was a heart attack or some other freak accident, this is complete madness:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-nw-capitol-police-officer-dies-20210108-f5sy2jrnj5d7jibygzcgiamtny-story.html

Jesus.

I'd assumed the same, non-violent causes.

Oh Donald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Neither has a legal basis for invalidating pardons. Either the 25th is invoked or it isn't and it's cabinet's job to invoke when he is mentally unfit, beforehand he is deemed fit. Likewise (and I think it came up earlier in this thread but I wouldn't blame anyone for missing it!) I am not aware of any reason the President cannot continue to pardon anyone (other than himself for impeachment - which is where this interesting idea that he can pardon himself for things other than impeachment) during impeachment.

I was thinking about the reason for the invocation of the 25th, if it was on the basis of him being incapable of carrying out the duties of president for the particular reason I mentioned, then the ESTIMATION would have to include the period before the invocation inclusive of the time any pardons were granted [between the Capitol Day riot event and the issuing of the pardons] said event precipitating the invocation, casting a strong doubt of the legal regularity of the pardons.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Better quality full interview:

I loved the way he just gave up at the end and asked her what its like to live on Planet Fruitcake :D

She's behaving that way for a bit of of notoriety but mostly for money. This is commonplace across politics, people put right and wrong aside for their own gain and have no problem misleading others even if it leads to what happened in congress the other day. It's a bit sickening tbh but the human race was never known for it's morality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    What in God's name was Sky News doing, giving that woman airtime? An absolute fruit loop.

Turning Point USA is linked pretty heavily to the Republican Party. They're a youth movement for them. It's the crowd that those Young Fine Gaelers went over to visit that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,513 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PropJoe10 wrote: »

I just watched that earlier, she makes kayleigh mcenany look rational, measured, and bipartisan

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Trump must have known how volatile this mob was. How he thought it was ok to encourage them in the way he did is unforgivable.

Imagine if Democratic supporters carried on like this, he would be calling for heads to roll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just a reminder that after Charlottesville he had the mental response, then we had the hostage tape speech, and then the trump tower “good people on both sides” meltdown. I’m just saying we have only had two of the three acts so far. Also, it seems his latest video isn’t playing well with his base and we know he wants to be liked so I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a backlash from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just a reminder that after Charlottesville he had the mental response, then we had the hostage tape speech, and then the trump tower “good people on both sides” meltdown. I’m just saying we have only had two of the three acts so far. Also, it seems his latest video isn’t playing well with his base and we know he wants to be liked so I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a backlash from him.

Is there any link to his supporters negative reaction to the video? I'm not shocked, but as usual, it's just disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I don't know if it was connected with the killing. One of the news videos, I think it was the UK news crews one in the Capitol rotunda, captured images of someone spraying the rioters with a fire extinguisher from an upper floor. A large grey spray cloud was caught on the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Water John wrote: »
    Since Trump and Giuliani directly encouraged the march on Congress, are they complicit in any consequences? An officer died, which I presume is a capitol offence. They are co-conspirators in the the action that followed.

Ted Cruz should also be investigated, forced to resign at least. Al Franken resigned for a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

billyhead wrote: »
    Trump is not mentally right in the head. He's not fit for office. I reckon he is suffering from dementia.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was neurosyphilis brought about by untreated syphilis from the 70s or 80s. Hard to know as he'd never allow himself to be treated for any mental deficiency; or if he did, he'd claim that the doctors were radical left marxist antifas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: Serious posts only please and kindly refrain from the insults.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Well, what usually happens in the US when you talk trash about the product of a large cooperation:
    Dominion Voting Sues Former Trump Lawyer, Seeking More Than $1.3 Billion In Damages

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/08/954836971/dominion-voting-sues-former-trump-lawyer-seeking-1-3-billion-in-damages

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement