Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Detritus70 wrote: »
    Well, what usually happens in the US when you talk trash about the product of a large cooperation:

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/08/954836971/dominion-voting-sues-former-trump-lawyer-seeking-1-3-billion-in-damages

They are also intending to go after Newsmax and OANN for similar sums - which would take them off the air if even vaguely successful. And would be delightful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: Serious posts only please and kindly refrain from the insults.

A post has been removed and a sanction issued.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

so what chance has donny junior in 2024? would the cult unanimously support him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭paul71

Article of impeachment being introduced on Monday morning. Charge of inciting rebellion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,513 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

froog wrote: »
    so what chance has donny junior in 2024? would the cult unanimously support him?

They may, but what pac would?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    They may, but what pac would?

good point. money would be a big issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Now begins the long, drawn out process of slowly going after the whole toxic brood. Sue them into oblivion.
    And even the average person would do well to remember who the MAGA heads were and keep that in mind when it comes to jobs, friendship, contracts and giving their businesses custom.
    Hopefully at some point in the future there will just be a few old crackpots left muttering into their beer.
    Being a Trump supporter should be socially unacceptable, the same drink driving.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If the base is still around and angry, maybe. You'd like to think they'll slink back to their normal lives and pretend they never got mixed up with the MAGA cult, especially after yesterday, but who knows.

Maybe another question might be: if Trump himself is facing serious legal challenges, his children might throw him under the bus to save themselves. It doesn't exactly strike an outsider as a warm and fuzzy family that remains loyal to each other. I could see a future where Jr. shafts daddy.

Detritus70 wrote: »
    Now begins the long, drawn out process of slowly going after the whole toxic brood. Sue them into oblivion.
    And even the average person would do well to remember who the MAGA heads were and keep that in mind when it comes to jobs, friendship, contracts and giving their businesses custom.
    Hopefully at some point in the future there will just be a few old crackpots left muttering into their beer.
    Being a Trump supporter should be socially unacceptable, the same drink driving.

the cult are already turning on him for saying the demonstrators will pay. the entire "movement" and i say movement as in the bowel sense, will be a fringe group in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

the cult are already turning on him for saying the demonstrators will pay. the entire "movement" and i say movement as in the bowel sense, will be a fringe group in a few years.

When he needs them he'll lie them into submission and servitude once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

pixelburp wrote: »
    Maybe another question might be: if Trump himself is facing serious legal challenges, his children might throw him under the bus to save themselves. It doesn't exactly strike an outsider as a warm and fuzzy family that remains loyal to each other. I could see a future where Jr. shafts daddy.

With the exception of Ivanka (the Kushners are loaded), the others are financially dependent on Daddy and whatever money he can borrow that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The FBI just invaded Republican offices and paid a lot of home visits too! :eek:

https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/6593526002
    Federal agents descended on multiple Tennessee Republican House members' homes and state offices on Friday, collecting evidence while executing search warrants.

At least 10 agents from the FBI entered the Cordell Hull legislative office building just before 8 a.m., fanning out to multiple offices carrying empty boxes with them.

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Tennessee confirmed the FBI visited the homes of former House Speaker Glen Casada, R-Franklin; Rep. Robin Smith, R-Hixson; Rep. Todd Warner, R-Chapel Hill; and former Casada aide Cade Cothren.

There were at least six Tennessee Republican who partook in the riot/terror attack on Wednesday. Some even put it all over social media for a good big of virtue signalling, onky to quickly delete when they realised they had fcuked themselves. But given the nature of social media... too late.

[url]Http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/republican-lawmakers-rioters-capitol-photos-b1784170.html[/url]

paul71 wrote: »
    Article of impeachment being introduced on Monday morning. Charge of inciting rebellion.

Correcting myself, the charge is "Incitement of insurrection".

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Detritus70

What is great about the revolution being televised, or at least streamed live online, is that lots of Muppets are being identified and fired/prosecuted.
    Maybe losing their family, friends, livelihood and even freedom might persuade these less gifted in the reasoning department individuals that they are following the wrong course. And if not, at least they will go through life in pain and misery, never knowing what they did wrong.
    Since most of the rioters stormed the Capitol maskless, online detectives had a unique opportunity to easily identify them. And many made it even easier — they live-streamed their participation and later bragged about their escapades.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/08/capitol-rioters-fired-doxed-online/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Water John

They really helped by not wearing masks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

Water John wrote: »

Hence I say this was mostly antifa... you can tell... they had teeth!

The FBI just invaded Republican offices and paid a lot of home visits too! :eek:

And now the FBI have arrested a West Virginia Republican

I'm guessing Donnies looking frantically for a way out of the United States before Jan 20th. This clearly isn't going to be swept under the carpet for nicities sake.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mediaite.com/news/watch-west-virginia-lawmaker-derrick-evans-arrested-for-storming-capitol/amp/
    Derrick Evans, a Republican member of the West Virginia House of Delegates, has been arrested for entering a restricted area of the United States Capitol with the mob of violent pro-Trump rioters, the Justice Department announced Friday.

Evans had filmed himself and others going into the Capitol on Wednesday, prompting several Republicans and Democrats to call for his removal from from the legislature.

His lawyer, John Bryan, claimed Thursday night that Evans “committed no criminal act that day,” and that he has no plans to resign from office.

---

They have also arrested Brett Favre who was famously sitting at Pelosis desk. https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/us-capitol-riot-man-shown-nancy-pelosi-desk-arrested-richard-barnett/

cbsn-fusion-charges-announced-related-to-wednesdays-riot-thumbnail-623050-640x360.jpg

pixelburp wrote: »
    "God fearing..."

I think it always says a lot about anyone who talks about themselves being "god fearing". It's such a ... I dunno, sad little turn of phrase, as if to say one lives one's life fearful of future judgement. On spiritual matters, I really don't know where I stand, but whatever level of mysticism I do have, I don't FEAR any god. I do my best, try to be as good as I can be in any given moment but I'll also stand by my actions if later on I find myself judged.

It's curious how American Conservatives often take fear as their guiding principle of belief, rather than those of charity, forgiveness and love that their bible might otherwise encourage. No wonder they're often the more prejudicial in society, given their baseline intellectualism comes from fear and hostility. Mix that with their Wealth Bible and it they just come across the least "Christian" types I could think of.

It's the one of those phrases that there lunatics spout out all the time and it's the sort of funny given that they are always the complete opposite. As Billy Connolly said every time he meets someone who claims to be a god fearing Christian he wished that he had a lion.

Water John wrote: »

There were a good few candidates for the Darwin awards present including the person who apparently tasered themselves into a fatal heart attack.

Correcting myself, the charge is "Incitement of insurrection".

Insurrection (along with sedition and treason) are unpardonable.

I wasn't sure that you could still impeach someone after they left office, but thankfully Matt Gaetz(!!) has already emset the record straight there! . :pac:

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1202334061504716801

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

So Trump and all his inner circle/cronies get off/pardoned. But hundreds of his supporters end up going to jail ! Kinda funny

L1011 wrote: »
    With the exception of Ivanka (the Kushners are loaded), the others are financially dependent on Daddy and whatever money he can borrow that week.

The problem there is holding onto your wealth within the Kushner family. They throw their own under buses and eat them as roadkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

So Trump and all his inner circle/cronies get off/pardoned. But hundreds of his supporters end up going to jail ! Kinda funny

His followers never really believed all he ever cared about was himself. Caring about the American people was always a lie. He couldn't care less once he's OK.

Sort of a really crap night of the long knives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The problem there is holding onto your wealth within the Kushner family. They throw their own under buses and eat them as roadkill.
    The Kushners were in real financial trouble with their purchase of the building (all I remember is the number - 666 :eek:) and were in hock beyond their eyeballs. I presume things have changed with Jared's ability to leverage his position to get favourable loans and other deals to pull him out of the mire. But all of them are in grave danger of jail time. Not least for the graft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Trump has been officially removed from Twitter and his account suspended permanently. Too little, too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

His Twitter account has now been permanently suspended.

https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1347684877634838528

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    His Twitter account has now been permanently suspended.

https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1347684877634838528

Haha. Oh I’d say he’s sick over that. There is the official president handle if he wants to use it.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Haha. Oh I’d say he’s sick over that. There is the official president handle if he wants to use it.

he seems to be scared to use that one, probably on legal advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I see the push for impeachment to be a move to get Trump to resign from office so he is NOT the serving president on inauguration day, the 20th, when Biden is sworn in as the next president and goin on record as taking over from the man who tried to subvert the rule of government and law, who got a mob to go the U.S house of parliament with the intent of getting all the legislators there to do what he wanted outside the law, to use illegal forceful means to stop the legal inauguration from happening in the manner laid down in the constitution.

As has been seen, some of the mob who entered the Capitol building were carrying plastic ties used by actual law enforcement officers to restrain arrested persons. It's reasonable to suspect the mob members intended the ties to be used on the legislators in the building for hostage purposes, if not for something more serious than that.

Members of the legislature [IMO] take that actuality, that fact, into consideration when they discuss what they should do about Trump and any impeachment move before now and the 18th or 19th.

I am hoping that the acting DHS secretary and all the federal police agencies will be working with the Capitol Hill security to ensure nothing goes wrong between now and the 20th. I can see Trump trying something stupid with Wolf's DHS and hope his team and family step in to block anything illegal Trump mumbles about.

Twitter has banned Trump for good in the past few minutes. No explanation is out yet for the ban. Given Trump's history of using internet platforms to get people to do his bidding, twitter may have taken a preventive move to avoid getting entangled in anything illegal Trump had in mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement