Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

Does anyone have screenshots of what might have caused the ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Haha. Oh I’d say he’s sick over that. There is the official president handle if he wants to use it.

Give it a few hours American time, sometime tomorrow here, he'll wind up over on Parler. Actually that said, now to check the Parlertakes Twitter account for reactions to this frankly better late than never news of Trump being kicked off Twitter.
    froog wrote: »
    he seems to be scared to use that one, probably on legal advice.

That and anything tweeted from that account, will be archived post Presidency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Panrich wrote: »

Seriously?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

There isn't enough bandwidth in the world to present that evidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

froog wrote: »
    he seems to be scared to use that one, probably on legal advice.

Well that and every other US government Twitter account is archived on January 20th at 12:01pm every four or eight years so that’s probably why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭blackcard

His followers never really believed all he ever cared about was himself. Caring about the American people was always a lie. He couldn't care less once he's OK.

Trump supporters have turned on Lyndsay Graham, Mike Pence, Mitch O'Connell and other Republicans (RINO's)labelling them as traitors. What happens when it eventually dawns on them that Trump only ever cared about himself? The meltdown will be epic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭paul71

Huh? Try every Major, minor and insignificant news network on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

paul71 wrote: »

I think they mean did he tweet something sinister immediately before the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Trump supporters dont wan't to lose face. I think they would see justification in anything he did or said, no matter what it was.

I actually pity them. They have pledged their allegiance to a man so unworthy of anything and accepting that now is too hard for them to do.

I hope he gets everything coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

So there was no new rant posted that tipped them over the edge.

• Advertisement

blackcard wrote: »
    Trump supporters have turned on Lyndsay Graham, Mike Pence, Mitch O'Connell and other Republicans (RINO's)labelling them as traitors. What happens when it eventually dawns on them that Trump only ever cared about himself? The meltdown will be epic

Is that the video of Lindsay graham in the airport ? Yeah I’ve seen that and while Lindsay graham was right there with trump it’s clear the fever dream of the trumpists is alive and well. He was called a “traitor”, a “piece of ****”, and someone hoped “he’d enjoy gitmo.”

So there was no new rant posted that tipped them over the edge.

It was a review of the ****e he tweeted on the day of the capitol carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jack1985 wrote: »
    What does this bast*rd do now for attention without this? Interesting times ahead!

Still has the official POTUS account for the next 12 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭paul71

I think they mean did he tweet something sinister immediately before the ban.

Yes everything he has said in the last 2 months is a lie designed to stoke a crowd into a terrorist assault. Go open any news website or go back a few pages on this tread, and welcome back from where-ever you have been for the last few days and 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Yes everything he has said in the last 2 months is a lie designed to stoke a crowd into a terrorist assault. Go open any news website or go back a few pages on this tread, and welcome back from where-ever you have been for the last few days and 2 months.

What are you on about? They were asking if he had posted something new tonight. It's a simple question given that Trump posts a lot. Given that they suspended him temporarily, and given Trumps nature, it wasn't unreasonable to assume he broke Twitter rules again today. Calm down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Wouldn't hold much on that it's a Government controlled account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What are you on about? They were asking if he had posted something new tonight. It's a simple question given that Trump posts a lot. Given that they suspended him temporarily, and given Trumps nature, it wasn't unreasonable to assume he broke Twitter rules again today. Calm down.

No, don't think he had posted tonight.

But his post from earlier today which suggested that the 74M people who voted for him would never be forgotten looked to undermine the obviously PR managed video he had put out yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Twitter removed him permanently now, that will sting. No more 3am poop tweets

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He'll end up on Parler where all the loons are mobilizing, no idea how that site doesnt get shut down with the amount of racism and antisemitism its users put out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Thargor wrote: »
    He'll end up on Parler where all the loons are mobilizing, no idea how that site doesnt get shut down with the amount of racism and antisemitism its users put out.

Parler is down. As is Gab. Lots of info circulating on these platforms about further attacks.

• Advertisement

Happy enough not knowing what this Parler is I think!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Ah, but does he have the password?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭McFly85

Apple have actually just threatened parler with being removed from the App Store unless they start moderating which will hurt its user base.

While he’ll get an account, parler is next to useless as a soapbox as everybody on it is at least as crazy as Jim Corr, so it will be highly unlikely any news sites start picking up what he posts there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭gifted

Ah, but does he have the password?

His date of birth? Lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Psychedelic Hedgehog

Apple have apparently threatened Parler with removal from the App Store unless they institute a moderation policy within the next 24 hours.

Edit: Snap McFly!

They're circling the drain as well

https://twitter.com/inputmag/status/1347678680718467077

gifted wrote: »
    His date of birth? Lol lol

Melanias date of birth. Ain't no way he's getting that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Donie back on CNN right now !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

CNN running report that twitter banned the account after plans for further unrest grew, including another attack on the Capitol building and other govt buildings.

Keeping that in mind, there was a similar report yesterday on plans to attack the seat of Govt in Michigan.

• Advertisement

People having mini meltdowns about it, won't somebody think of the children!?!! Apparently it's basically north Korea now and we should all be disgusted by twitter's heinous act.

Genuinely, some people need to move out of their parents basement's I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement