Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

One recent opinion poll has come out showing Trump has dropped 11 points to 33% favorable (his lowest to date)

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3686

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Does anyone know is Trump carrying out any of his functions as president now?

I have seen nothing to suggest he is.

Now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,606 ✭✭✭✭Water John

FBI document, obtained by CNN, says violent armed protests are planned for all 50 state capitols near inauguration day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Acting Sec of Homeland Security, Chad Wolf has resigned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,808 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It seems that Chad Wolf has resigned as homeland security and sent his letter of resignation into the president, this shortly after he reportedly instructed that the securing of the inauguration site be moved up to start Wednesday due to the increasing level of threats being made against president-elect Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Acting Sec of Homeland Security, Chad Wolf has resigned.

Quite an 'interesting' tenure he had, and certainly raises a few questions - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Wolf

Following on from a report [yesterday] that FDNY was working with the FBI in an investigation into whether some FDNY Pers were involved in the insurrection, two Capitol Police Dept officers and one unknown person are undergoing investigation into involvement with and co-operation with the insurrectionists during the attempted seizure of the capitol building, with an unclarified report that up to 10 Capitol Police Officers are also under investigation. The unidentified person has apparently been arrested.

Sorry, my error. The reports were mentioned on the CNN Wolf Blitzer Situation Room programme. It does have a problem with the amount of breaking news stories its reporting covers causing it to limit each story with as few words as possible. The suspended CPD Officers are apparently those caught on camera taking selfies with the insurrectionists or otherwise been seen in compromising photos with the same people. A Dem congressman, Ryan? has beeen named as the source for the report about the suspended CPD officers. Wolf has just repeated his mention of 10 to 15 CPD officers being under investigation. It could be a simple matter of neglect to perform their duites to better effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've seen nothing to suggest he's carried them out for 4 years now*

*Low hanging fruit

He made a poor go of it, it's fair to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Whoever is left in the administration is getting the important stuff done, or has a delicious taste of irony -

Cuba back on 'Sponsor of terrorism' blacklist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,225 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He made a poor go of it, it's fair to say.

Describing trumps term of office as poor is a bit insulting to the word poor. He’d have needed to go up several levels to be even near poor. I know I’ve said it before but the Nixon presidential library and the Nixon family must secretly love the trump term in office because it makes Richard Nixon for all his faults and unceremonious ending to his presidency look unfortunate. Thing is Nixon wasn’t an idiot and did act presidential when needed. His VP spiro Agnew however must have been studied by trump and people around him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

aloyisious wrote: »
    Following on from a report [yesterday] that FDNY was working with the FBI in an investigation into whether some FDNY Pers were involved in the insurrection, two Capitol Police Dept officers and one unknown person are undergoing investigation into involvement with and co-operation with the insurrectionists during the attempted seizure of the capitol building, with an unclarified report that up to 10 Capitol Police Officers are also under investigation. The unidentified person has apparently been arrested.

Got a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Jizique

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I had come to the happy conclusion that Trumps antics was a good thing for American politics - There could be a new dawn where people realise that the system of 2 parties with FPTP was broken and riddled with corruption ( I hate Trump, but some of his rhetoric hits home because there is a certain level of truth in it, we only know what certain folk want us to know or at least we are told things from someone perspective and its not always objective ).

Sadly though, I think the fact that the insurrection was quashed, and now Trump is being removed from any outlet, with talk of impeachment and blocking by big business might somehow convince a lot of ordinary Americans that democracy in America is truly great and working well. And we'll all rinse and repeat !

I am sure any media outlet, newspaper or tv station, would be willing to interview him at great length; would get massive readers or viewers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,225 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Got a link?

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1348758165702193152?s=21

It’s a link about the two capitol police.

FatherTed wrote: »
    But social media and forums etc is not free speech e.g. we have strict rules in here the Politics forum and we'll get red carded if we continue to violate those rules. Its the same with Trump and twitter/etc. Don't like it? Get out and find a place that will tolerate your crap.

I do find it funny that some posters on other threads are complaining about a private company like Twitter banning trump when they have repeatedly said on here that a private business has the right to decide who they will provide their services to or won't, and anyone arguing against their opinion was a snowflake etc.

If he wasn't elected and given the leeway afforded by that fact, he would have been banned for the multiple breaches of their toc in the last four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

How does one man unleash this sort of devotion and lunacy in so many?

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1348770481520963589

Apparently 52% of Republican voters don't believe Trump was at fault for the "insurrection" at all.

While 45% believe Biden is either "mostly or fully responsible"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,521 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    I think the Golf boycott will hurt Trump alot

Trump as the keen golfer himself, that must be a real painful one

According to the New York Times Sources close to the White House reporting Trump is "gutted" by the withdrawal

This is how your hurt him :)

Great to see companies leaving anything Trump related in droves (for example Stripe Payment)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭moon2

How does one man unleash this sort of devotion and lunacy in so many?

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1348770481520963589

Apparently 52% of Republican voters don't believe Trump was at fault for the "insurrection" at all.

While 45% believe Biden is either "mostly or fully responsible"!

So about 75% of americans are living in reality and 25% are in a fantasy world? Those aren't good odds :s

It's shocking that 45% of Republican voters claim to believe biden is responsible. At the most I'd have expected them to claim it wasn't insurrection - it was merely legitimate protest. Wow.

According to the New York Times Sources close to the White House reporting Trump is "gutted" by the withdrawal

Great to see companies leaving anything Trump related in droves (for example Stripe Payment)

You just know he was all prepared for a King's welcome at the PGA Tour. Basically Chick-fil-A is rapidly becoming one of the few venues that may show him respect as they have pretty weird politics iirc. Not even his go-to KFC would want to associate. :P Basically his narcissism will struggle to be fed after this, something he was always used to.

It has no direct bearing where it comes to U.S national security issues but I hope the various news agencies and ISP's in the U.S have increased their base security and server anti-hacking security measures given the threat level against anyone seen as having an anti-Trump bias. Ref U.S national security, I similarly hope that the DHS is keeping in close contact with the police and justice attaches at the friendly embassies and legations in Washington DC and the 50 states of the U.S. as Maryland is not the only state [incl Russia and China] listening in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Shopify removed the Trump store a few days ago so the places you can even try pay are disappearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

moon2 wrote: »
    So about 75% of americans are living in reality and 25% are in a fantasy world? Those aren't good odds :s

It's shocking that 45% of Republican voters claim to believe biden is responsible. At the most I'd have expected them to claim it wasn't insurrection - it was merely legitimate protest. Wow.

Probably same 25%..

20210107-104030.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Probably same 25%..

20210107-104030.jpg

The bigger question is why did that 5% vote for Biden if they think top Democrats have a pedpfile ring?

But yeah Biden is simultaneously senile and also running a massive election scam, pedofile ring and organising false flag events according to some.

moon2 wrote: »

44% of Republican voters believe that Bill Gates is using Covid to implant a tracking chip
    https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/poll-44-of-republicans-think-bill-gates-to-use-covid-19-vaccine-to-implant-tracking-chip

So, not shocking really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hurrache wrote: »
    From what I can remember was that the only person at one stage arrested and charged with arson of a state building was a right wing extremist, as too was the masked guy followed around and filmed smashing up loads of store windows with a hammer.

And what about the hundreds of other videos of businesses been set on fire and the looting after ever blm protest?

I think Trump is a moran and the fact that he somehow got elected is beyond ridiculous but thankfully I can view things in an unbiased way, if any group acts the cnut then they are a cnut.

But it seems many people don't have this ability and you have to pick a side, which is pretty dumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Threats of violence from this crowd on Parler and Twitter before the march are well documented.
    The FBI visited some of the more well known ones in the preceding days and warned them to not travel to DC.

The excuse "no one saw this coming" is just another lie

There were rallys everyday up until this protest and there were no issues. I am on about the pro trump rallys/protests since he lost the election. I am not on about the pro trump dip****s that would show up looking to fight at the BLM protests.

There seems to be this urge to.make absolutely everything about racism. So the fact there wasn't a huge presence of riot cops is because of racism? Is this not a bit stupid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

Water John wrote: »
    FBI document, obtained by CNN, says violent armed protests are planned for all 50 state capitols near inauguration day.

What a load of bs. Who In the fbi gave a news channel a secret document?

The FBI has people that should not be there. It is supposed to be the secret service...seems to be a sieve in the last few years, those good people in the FBI must be sick of the BS that some of those at the top are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

Yeah, talk about getting the media to effectively and massively spread your propaganda.

NSAman wrote: »
    What a load of bs. Who In the fbi gave a news channel a secret document?

It's a relatively normal avenue. There are thousands working in the FBI, some of them pass info to news channels, in this case an internal bulletin.

JJayoo wrote: »
    There were rallys everyday up until this protest and there were no issues. I am on about the pro trump rallys/protests since he lost the election. I am not on about the pro trump dip****s that would show up looking to fight at the BLM protests.

There seems to be this urge to.make absolutely everything about racism. So the fact there wasn't a huge presence of riot cops is because of racism? Is this not a bit stupid?

Alternative reality ala you cannot be serious: No one thinking Trump would actually bring the roof crashing in on himself and his family & the GOP might be considered a reasonable notion in the heads of DC higher civil authority - he cannot be that insane. Unfortunately the sensible were outnumbered by Trump's alternative sense of responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's a relatively normal avenue. There are thousands working in the FBI, some of them pass info to news channels.

No it’s not. Leaking information to CNN only? If it’s a credible threat, they tell all news outlets!...sheezzz..CNN are a **** “news” channel.

If you believe CNN there is no point in debating you. I don’t watch news here as it is all partisan and party affiliated.

Talk to ordinary people and you will get a proper feel for what they think.CNN, FOX etc are all crap and report anything but the way ordinary people feel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement