Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    There's mounting evidence that the federal goon squads were 'invited' in by the police union, who argue that the local Mayor and politicians are 'sucking up' to protesters with commitments to measures that would ''defund' aspects of police operations.

Some of these Police union leaders are to the right of Atilla The Hun when it comes to policing and would be apoplectic over recent Defund commitments made by Democratic politicians as well as what they see as unfair treatment of the likes of Derek Chauvin who was 'only doing his job'. The guy in charge of an NYPD union recently gave an interview on Fox with a Q-Anon mug behind his head in his office, which says a lot about how his gears mesh....

Basic insurrection from within the ranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Liz Cheney who is of course the daughter of former VP dick Cheney and also the chair of the GOP congressional group is facing criticism for having the nerve to stick up for dr fauci. Matt geatz, Donald trump jr, and rand Paul were public in their attack on her so while I may not agree at all or very little with her father or her the fact she has annoyed the three boyos who if you got in a lucky bag you'd ask for another one I'm on her side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Liz Cheney who is of course the daughter of former VP dick Cheney and also the chair of the GOP congressional group is facing criticism for having the nerve to stick up for dr fauci. Matt geatz, Donald trump jr, and rand Paul were public in their attack on her so while I may not agree at all or very little with her father or her the fact she has annoyed the three boyos who if you got in a lucky bag you'd ask for another one I'm on her side.

Gym Jordan went after her as well.. Jeez, getting attacked by that lot is akin to the old Denis Healey witticism: "Like being savaged by a dead sheep"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Rand Paul & Jnr, that figures. Looking at Gov De Santis possibly committing gutting himself in public as he's signed an order that all schools are to open for in-class teaching. Edit: it's an emergency order he signed to re-open the schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Press briefing is the same old crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Press briefing is the same old crap.

What did we really expect? Apart from more lies and more spin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,834 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Russia is still missing from his charts trying to deflect about how well the US is/isn't doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Inquitus wrote: »
    What did we really expect? Apart from more lies and more spin?

Naïve as it sounds, some leadership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bit of a yawn all right, he is still on about the China virus so nothing new there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

So young people should avoid packed bars but we aren't going to close them... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You should all wear a mask he says without a mask.

Wow he's ready to take questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Gym Jordan went after her as well.. Jeez, getting attacked by that lot is akin to the old Denis Healey witticism: "Like being savaged by a dead sheep"...

If anyone is infused its because he spent years enabling the rape of students in gyms. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jordan_(American_politician)#Ohio_State_University_sexual_abuse_scandal

He's as hardcore pro Trump as they get so it would only be logical at this point to assume he had something to do with rape, molestation or hate crimes, I'm just clearing up which one it is for Gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

After the Trump kids sharing memes about the Clinton's relationship with Maxwell, Trump admits he knows her and repeatedly wishes her well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

When Trump was asked about giselle maxwell he looked like he saw a ghost... he is extraordinarily bad at lying.

Trump today issued another wholly unconstitutional EO trying to instruct the administration to disregard the count of undocumented non-citizens

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/experts-trumps-insultingly-unconstitutional-census-order-is-only-meant-to-stoke-anti-immigrant-fervor/

A stay order and countersuit is expected to shortly follow. Red meat for his constitutionally-ignorant, xenophobic base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

But, if undocumented non citizens aren't counted, then they don't exist. So there is no need to have ICE.
    Bit of a flaw in his logic, but then that was never a strong point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see trump made a pitch to wear a mask which I suppose is something but there's video of him from last night not wearing one when greeting supporters at his DC hotel. He reason for not wearing one is that he claims he wasn't close enough to them. So already there's a bit of a mixed message. Just going on the video you could block down a hurler from the distance he was from some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Trump didn't deliver good on drama tonight, the consensus seems to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

With 31% of the American public believing that the numbers dying is overstated, not sure what message you could give that cohort.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/21/us-coronavirus-death-toll-public-opinion-poll-accuracy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Water John wrote: »
    With 31% of the American public believing that the numbers dying is overstated, not sure what message you could give that cohort.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/21/us-coronavirus-death-toll-public-opinion-poll-accuracy

Probably the same figures as here. Lots of people think the situation is being exaggerated. 31% is actually lower than I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭moon2

Probably the same figures as here. Lots of people think the situation is being exaggerated. 31% is actually lower than I thought.

There's a difference between the situation being exaggerated and the mortality rate being disbelieved.

I'd be worried about a country where such a huge proportion disbelieve the reported numbers while in the midst of a global pandemic. I'd be less worried if the numbers were believed but the level of danger was disbelieved.

When Trump was asked about giselle maxwell he looked like he saw a ghost... he is extraordinarily bad at lying.

To me, this was a huuuge tell of a man with a ****load of skeletons in the locked closet trying to be nice to the person who's holding all the keys...

Like, how deep would you have to be into totally perverse and illegal behaviour to be like "I wish her well" to Ghislaine Maxwell!!!??? Let's be very clear here.. This woman has been charged with (among other things) procuring under-age girls, some as young as 14, to satisfy the paedophilia of an as yet un-announced set of men, including Jeffrey Epstein, and the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES says: "I Wish Her Well"!

JFC!!!

Water John wrote: »
    But, if undocumented non citizens aren't counted, then they don't exist. So there is no need to have ICE.
    Bit of a flaw in his logic, but then that was never a strong point.

John... John... ..... ....

OK, I'll say this only once....

NEVER expect logical arguments to be heard by illogical people who live in realms of unreality....

Phew! There! I said the unsayable about Dear Donnie, Great Leader to All...

Acting Secretary for Homeland Security making the case tonight that the feds have to "proactively arrest individuals" in Portland.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/acting-dhs-sec-says-due-to-lack-of-local-law-enforcement-in-portland-feds-must-proactively-arrest-individuals/

Meanwhile we can’t even rely on Trump to be truthful about something so basic as the temperature outside.

[url]

Also from his briefing, his press secretary said he gets tested 2-3 times a day, he said he doesn’t know anything about that, he gets tested every 2-3 days according to himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yes definitely the same as here... Considering the absolutely huge take up of our covid app.

I'd garner you are wrong in the comparisons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That's about where his actual base is I think. 31% was his trust rating for handling race relations too.

And 41% the economy.

So I think that's the level of support he will receive from your bog standard GOO voter.

His base (of racists) is about 31% which is a large amount of people for sure but yet again, nowhere near able to get him over the line in a fair election so fingers crossed they don't manager to suppress the vote too badly.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Subscribers Posts: 41,725 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That's about where his actual base is I think. 31% was his trust rating for handling race relations too.

And 41% the economy.

So I think that's the level of support he will receive from your bog standard GOO voter.

His base (of racists) is about 31% which is a large amount of people for sure but yet again, nowhere near able to get him over the line in a fair election so fingers crossed they don't manager to suppress the vote too badly.

Its horrific to think about 30% of the voting public in America is both that stupid and that racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Its horrific to think about 30% of the voting public in America is both that stupid and that racist

Have you lived in the USA? It's a very racist place. I think there are plenty of racist people there that will vote for Biden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,513 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Igotadose wrote: »
    Have you lived in the USA? It's a very racist place. I think there are plenty of racist people there that will vote for Biden.

It's not that they're all racist, it's just Trump being a racist isn't a dealbreaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's not that they're all racist, it's just Trump being a racist isn't a dealbreaker

Of course it isn't. He's just like them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement