Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭amandstu

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    To me, this was a huuuge tell of a man with a ****load of skeletons in the locked closet trying to be nice to the person who's holding all the keys...

Like, how deep would you have to be into totally perverse and illegal behaviour to be like "I wish her well" to Ghislaine Maxwell!!!??? Let's be very clear here.. This woman has been charged with (among other things) procuring under-age girls, some as young as 14, to satisfy the paedophilia of an as yet un-announced set of men, including Jeffrey Epstein, and the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES says: "I Wish Her Well"!

JFC!!!

Was he threatening her? As I heard was suggested elsewhere was this some kind of code ?Could he even be signaling to some people that this might be a repeat action along the lines of JE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

amandstu wrote: »
    Was he threatening her? As I heard was suggested elsewhere was this some kind of code ?Could he even be signaling to some people that this might be a repeat action along the lines of JE?

Most commentators are suggesting he was sucking up rather than threatening her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    The US President is arguably the most powerful in a bully kind of way due to the size and reach of its military, It's not from an influence point of view that's for certain.

POTUS has not been "The leader of the free world (TM)" for quite some time.

What's this leader of the Free World thing about as well? Which propaganda Hollywood film did this line come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,835 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What's this leader of the Free World thing about as well? Which propaganda Hollywood film did this line come from?

Well when you drop 2 atom bombs and become the worlds first nuclear power, everyone else followed. Not much has shifted since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just to correct what Donald trump said earlier blaming the democrats for the tax cut he wanted been put on the back burner. It had nothing to do with the democrats. It was his own party who stopped it.

• Advertisement

Also, just watched AOCs speech on the floor of the house earlier today and Rep ted yoho of Texas will regret what he said to her in front of the media because now more people know about him and not for good reasons. Also, you see why the GOP hate her so much. She doesn't back down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Western culture. Democracy, free markets, etc

America is traditionally world leader. The way things are going China is going to overtake the Us eventually.

Ask yourself if you would prefer the United states and its western world lifestyle or China as world leader

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Western culture. Democracy, free markets, etc

America is traditionally world leader. The way things are going China is going to overtake the Us eventually.

Ask yourself if you would prefer the United states and its western world lifestyle or China as world leader

Currently? Difficult choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Also, just watched AOCs speech on the floor of the house earlier today
    Where can we see it please?

Also, was Trump not meant to be doing these coronavirus pressers daily now? Or have I missed tonight's clownshow?

ETA Here he is. https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,544 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also, just watched AOCs speech on the floor of the house earlier today and Rep ted yoho of Texas will regret what he said to her in front of the media because now more people know about him and not for good reasons. Also, you see why the GOP hate her so much. She doesn't back down.

Just watched the video, she’s just so impressive and you know I honestly think maybe in a few years she might be the first woman president

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Live now.

The DNI has declassified a briefing the FBI gave to then candidate trump, Chris Christie, and Michael Flynn in the New York field office in the summer on 2016. It related to Russian and Chinese intelligence operations in the United States. So they were told about potential inference and Donald trumps first question was to ask the briefer “are the Russians bad ?” I mean ffs given what we know now about when the Russian were acting the bollock and trump asks are the Russian bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

"Chy-na virus"
    "amazing announcements"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The DNI has declassified a briefing the FBI gave to then candidate trump, Chris Christie, and Michael Flynn in the New York field office in the summer on 2016. It related to Russian and Chinese intelligence operations in the United States. So they were told about potential inference and Donald trumps first question was to ask the briefer “are the Russians bad ?” I mean ffs given what we know now about when the Russian were acting the bollock and trump asks are the Russian bad.
    Did they give a date? I'm curious since July 27th is the date when Trump openly asked Russia on TV to hack US government officials.

volchitsa wrote: »
    Where can we see it please?

Also, was Trump not meant to be doing these coronavirus pressers daily now? Or have I missed tonight's clownshow?

ETA Here he is. https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

YouTube Washington post channel has it. It's 9 minutes 34 seconds long.

Did they give a date? I'm curious since July 27th is the date when Trump openly asked Russia on TV to hack US government officials.

[url] https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000173-7d7b-d3de-ab7b-7d7b6dba0000[/url]

Here’s the link to the document and the date is the 30th of August, 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

[url] https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000173-7d7b-d3de-ab7b-7d7b6dba0000[/url]

Here’s the link to the document and the date is the 30th of August, 2016.

Ah ok, would have been galling (yet entirely expected) had it been before July 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭volchitsa

YouTube Washington post channel has it. It's 9 minutes 34 seconds long.

Great, thanks. It'll do me good to watch someone coherent talking, after watching Trump's sh1tshow.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

He seems to have changed tact? Maybe he's been spoken to by his advisers?

Ah ok, would have been galling (yet entirely expected) had it been before July 27th.

August 2016 doesn't make it any better though. I get the feeling this is supposed to be like the "perfect call" transcript(which wasn't a transcript) but no doubt this won't go better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Questions should be gold.

He's reading prepared remarks. He read the prepared remarks about how the virus will get worse before it gets better but when not reading from notes he went back to saying the virus will disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Dr Birx off around the country talking to people in authority in cities badly hit by the resurge. He's been very agreeable now with a lot of people, including all the governors and impressed with the low numbers in the New England states region. The Dems are [tut tut] responsible for the dropping of his payroll tax cut being dropped - strange one that, given the voting power of his party. The childrem have to be put back in school to protect their wellbeing. No mention of his own son there, side-stepping that by way of praising the adult in the corner who does great work with kids.

Edit on the figure of dollar millions I wrote some pages back, it was Billions [circa 30] and the new deal from the GOP will include circa 300% larger figure for the schools when the internal fighting in the GOP is over and the bill is passed by them and signed by him.

It will probably disappear in relevance before Nov but Trump might cast aspersions about it being released in the first place. So Flynn was aware of the Russian interference long before his trial and all that followed the FBI interviewing him, incl the special prosecutor.

Haha the GOP controlled senate has passed the NDAA that was passed by the house which includes the renaming of military bases named for confederate generals by a veto proof majority of 84-16. Trump will hate that.

Since he started doing briefings again he went from low of 182 to 185, not good.

https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president

185 doesn’t get you the presidency.

Haha the GOP controlled senate has passed the NDAA that was passed by the house which includes the renaming of military bases named for confederate generals by a veto proof majority of 84-16. Trump will hate that.

Looking at that voting figure on the AP release, looks good, including a 3% pay-rise for the troops. Senator Jim Inhofe R-Okla giving the OK for a cross-the-houses deal which the president can sign. McConnell said on the Senate floor. "Fortunately, Chairman Inhofe, Ranking Member Reed and our colleagues on the Armed Services Committee have put forward a bill that rises to the challenge.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah he has definitely changed tone. Gone are the divisive comments (for now) Instead tonight he mentioned that 'all the state governers are doing a great job, a great job' at least five or six times. No mention of the protests in Portland either which would have seen him stoke more divisiveness.

He is largely sticking to the prepared script and trying to act conciliatory and dare I say it presidential. This isnt him though so I give it a week or max two before his ego and anger boil over at some journalist asking awkward questions.

Two days of a change of tone doesn’t change three and a half years of utter rubbish. As I mentioned even during his first press briefing he again mentioned the virus would disappear. I give it a week tops before he’s back to his old mad self.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He's spinning at story at these press conf's that is simply, not true.
    The figures in the last 15 days have gone from 3 to 4 million infected. The numbers will get him.
    Getting savaged on CNN ATM by a doctor from Arizona. Trump said at the presser that AZ was doing well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement