Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It looks like the latest EO episode is fast falling part. They didn't even discuss the 25% the state would have to cover with the states beforehand, and will only now start to check it they can or will do it. So it could very much be that certain states simply won't do it.

A leader that doesn't even check that people are with him before rolling out yet another failure to make deals. Surely the greatest deal maker in the world could have got both sides together and worked something out? Remeber when he used to invite Pelosi etc into the WH to get a deal done?

He doesn't even bother to pretend that he has any ability to get deals done anymore. He sees himself as a king, able to simply make stuff up whenever he feels like it without any interaction with the elected representatves.

The Lincoln Project has a take on Trumps use of EO, which surprise surprise he was totally against when Obama didn it;

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1292782215756120065

Signed them like butter ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Signed them like butter ???

I always sign my toast at the end with the butter I've spread on it. Doesn't everybody?!?! :confused:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Looks like Kanye Wests campaign is in trouble.

Removed from the Illinois ballot due to invalid signatures on his petition for inclusion and now looking like a similar issue in New Jersey.

https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/1292264898274131969

https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/1292267421903073280

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,881 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Both he and Trump have the same lawyer working for both their campaigns too - that’s a big no no. He could be disbarred and was instrumental in getting him on ballots in Wisconsin.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/bar-complaint-claims-kanye-wests-campaign-lawyer-is-violating-the-rules-by-simultaneously-working-for-trump/

Also, some of the signatures he submitted in WI are fraudulent such as from Bernie Sanders and Mickey Mouse. The Dems secured affidavits from at least 6 people who signed the petition that they were ‘duped’ into filling out the form.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Overheal wrote: »
    Both he and Trump have the same lawyer working for both their campaigns too - that’s a big no no. He could be disbarred and was instrumental in getting him on ballots in Wisconsin.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/bar-complaint-claims-kanye-wests-campaign-lawyer-is-violating-the-rules-by-simultaneously-working-for-trump/

Also, some of the signatures he submitted in WI are fraudulent such as from Bernie Sanders and Mickey Mouse. The Dems secured affidavits from at least 6 people who signed the petition that they were ‘duped’ into filling out the form.

I know it's been said before , but imagine how bad the corruption would be if they weren't so utterly inept?

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I know it's been said before , but imagine how bad the corruption would be if they weren't so utterly inept?

Imagine how bad it will be when the GOP have a better version of Trump and the knowledge of what they can get away with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

I don't like Trump anymore than the majority of people here but surely the democrat's can find someone better than a guy suffering from early state dementia to oppose him

It's terribly sad to see.

Imagine how bad it will be when the GOP have a better version of Trump and the knowledge of what they can get away with.

Without doubt , that's part of the reason that this upcoming election is so important.

There has to be a generational loss for the GOP that keeps them out of power for the next 2 or 3 cycles across all 3 branches of Government.

Not because the Democrats are so wonderful - they aren't, but because of what the GOP has become and is in danger of becoming.

If the GOP hang on to the Senate for example - a character like Josh Hawley - a younger slicker, more politically polished example of the potential future of the GOP manages to get a foothold and make a play for the WH in 4 or 8 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Without doubt , that's part of the reason that this upcoming election is so important.

There has to be a generational loss for the GOP that keeps them out of power for the next 2 or 3 cycles across all 3 branches of Government.

Not because the Democrats are so wonderful - they aren't, but because of what the GOP has become and is in danger of becoming.

If the GOP hang on to the Senate for example - a character like Josh Hawley - a younger slicker, more politically polished example of the potential future of the GOP manages to get a foothold and make a play for the WH in 4 or 8 years.

Or Tom Cotten (though, he has been putting his foot into it lately.)

I used to think like you do, that a generational loss might be good punishment for the GOP, but after reading that Rolling Stone article posted here yesterday I think that America really still doesn't get it. The left-wing elite like the author is correct in pointing out that Trump's an absolute disaster as a human and as a President, but what that author missed, is what changed in America to enable Trump. Sure, he didn't win a majority of the popular vote, but he won over 60 million votes. Why? HRC was a dreadful candidate which was a big part of it, but I think it's Americans who are exhausted by the loss of opportunity, the loss of jobs, and the feeling of being trapped in an endless spiral that lead them to believe a lying populist like Trump's going to make it great again.

I don't see how Biden can fix this. It's also a generational problem in that it'll take generations to ameliorate the worst effects. Hyper-focus on healthcare would help a great deal, Obamacare didn't fix the US health care problem, it's an industry that will need to be completely re-imagined to fix. And that's just one problem. CEO's earning 400 times their average employees salary is another.

I recommend this essay by Peggy Noonan as a reminder of what led to Trump, and how, 4 years later, nothing's changed, it's objectively worse. https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-and-the-rise-of-the-unprotected-1456448550

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I don't like Trump anymore than the majority of people here but surely the democrat's can find someone better than a guy suffering from early state dementia to oppose him

Can you cite something reputable that states, following a diagnosis, that Biden is suffering from dementia?

It's ok, I'll wait

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Can you cite something reputable that states, following a diagnosis, that Biden is suffering from dementia?

It's ok, I'll wait

Have seen his latest interview?

Trump as much as I dislike him is going to destroy him at the debates. I want the Democrats to put someone forward who'll at least get out and oppose Trump.

Joe needs to stop hiding in his bunker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Any chance the mods can stop this shìte talk? Every day someone makes this claim without the slightest shred of evidence other than "well have you seen the video where he mumbles this word"?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Trump as much as I dislike him is going to destroy him at the debates. I want the Democrats to put someone forward who'll at least get out and oppose Trump.

Have you seen Trump's latest interview?

Don't worry, he couldn't debate a 4 year old, he won't be destroying anyone.

Have you seen Trump's latest interview?

Don't worry, he couldn't debate a 4 year old, he won't be destroying anyone.

I dunno, he has destroyed the lives of millions so far, He will not go down well in history as he had hoped he would.

Any chance the mods can stop this shìte talk? Every day someone makes this claim without the slightest shred of evidence other than "well have you seen the video where he mumbles this word"?

Why are you asking the mods for help?

So you've seen the video? Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Show us the video so, you do know he's had a lifelong stammer right?

Do you have any credible sources to back up Joe Biden suffering from dementia? Posters arrive in with the claim once a week and always fail to substantiate the outlandish claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

The Unbearables, how would you rate Trump's latest interviews? Particularly the Axios and Chris Wallace interviews.

Interested since you say you're no fan at all of Trump, but are confident diagnosing Joe Biden with dementia based on media appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭uptherebels

U sure you have the right person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

With the exception of GHW Bush (who only lasted one term because of his inability to tackle economic problems), the Republican trajectory over the last 40 years has been to keep selecting progressively more stupid presidential candidates. Reagan->W->Trump - each one dumber than the last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,881 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

U sure you have the right person?

I think so. Barr under oath and threat of perjury confirmed Trump was in his bunker

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ag-barr-confirms-trump-went-to-seek-shelter-in-bunker-during-lafayette-park-protests/
    Attorney General William Barr confirmed President Donald Trump went to seek shelter in a bunker during Lafayette Park protests off the advice of the Secret Service, a claim the president has denied.

It was first reported on May 31 that the president was rushed to a bunker for safety concerns around protests nearing the White House. Protests near the White House turned violent on the last Friday night in May, and Trump reportedly remained inside for an hour.

Three days later, Trump denied he was in the bunker for safety concerns, rather touring the facility for “inspection” purposes, he said in a radio interview with Fox’s Brian Kilmeade.

“It was a false report,” Trump said. “I wasn’t down, I went down during the day and I was there for a tiny little short period of time, and it was much more for an inspection.”

Barr contradicted the president days later on June 8 and confirmed the reports during his testimony before the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday.

“For the 29th, 30th, and 31st, there was unprecedented rioting right around the White House,” Barr said. “Very violent. During that time, as you say, about 50 park police… We had around 90 officers injured. I’m talking about things like concussions — one was operated on — and so forth. It was so bad as it’s been reported the Secret Service recommended the president go down to the shelter.”

“It was clear when I arrived at the White House on Monday [June 1] that there was total consensus that we couldn’t allow that to happen so close to the White House, that kind of rioting,” Barr added. “Therefore, we had to move the perimeter out one block and push it up toward I-street.”

Watch above, via Fox News.

Then there's video evidence here which shows several things: Biden is not hiding anywhere, is in great shape being able to ride a bicycle in this heat while wearing a facemask, and Trump is on a clear physical decline :pac:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1292213856152977415?s=20

Why are you asking the mods for help?

Not asking for help, I'm asking can people with no medical qualifications who have never met never mind examined Biden be asked to stop making the same ridiculous accusations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The Guardian (a fan favourite in these parts) has said Joe Biden needs to stop being racist to black people. The Democrats are relying on the black vote to win the election but Joe keeps putting his foot in it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/10/joe-biden-needs-black-voters-so-why-does-he-keep-insulting-us

Trump is imploding while Biden is doing his best to follow suit.

Those crazy Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The Guardian (a fan favourite in these parts) has said Joe Biden needs to stop being racist to black people. The Democrats are relying on the black vote to win the election but Joe keeps putting his foot in it.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/10/joe-biden-needs-black-voters-so-why-does-he-keep-insulting-us

Those crazy Americans

An opinion piece?
    serious lol.

Those crazy Americans

He has a history of racism alright. I wonder will he even turn up for the debates?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He has a history of racism alright. I wonder will he even turn up for the debates?

I think Trump said he will.

##Mod Note##

Enough with the silly sound bites

Up the standards please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Who Biden or trump ? One makes unfortunate comments but apologies and the other is Donald trump who is probably the only us president to have been charged by the US government for knowingly discriminating against people because of race.

• Advertisement

Those crazy Americans

Strangely enough the only people who ever post links to the Guardian are Trump zealots who want to accuse everyone else of reading the Guardian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement