Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I'm tonight's conference, Trump mentioned the "great pandemic" of "1917" and said it "probably ended the second world war."

Spanish flu pandemic was 1918. Trump keeps referring to 1917. And jaysus, I really hope everyone is aware that the second world war was not at all in 1918.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I do dislike Trump, he comes across as an ass.

Am I not allowed question Biden around here?

You're not questioning him, you're speculating on his health without any evidence of a medical diagnosis, like certain posters do here regularly. People are bored of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I do dislike Trump, he comes across as an ass.

Am I not allowed question Biden around here?

Ya kno.. This thread is about Trump's Presidency...

So, the questions and such revolve around Trump..

In that context, Biden is the Democrats's selection to challenge Trump.. So any discussion that challenges Trump v Biden or Biden v Trump must surely fit neatly into this thread.

However, discussion of whether Biden is the best/worst/meh candidate, and the Dems ought to have done better or worse is IMHO waaaayyy past having already been decided. So, whether Biden ought not to have been selected because sooooo many better candidates exist and weren't chosen is surely a topic for a thread set up in respect of same.. But this one is about Trump, and as we head into an election is also about the person chosen to challenge him.

Hope this helps clarify..

If I've trod on mods' toes I apologise... No backseat moderation intended..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Who’s telling me they wouldn’t want a president who looks after his own people. Americans pay less taxes because of him, they were getting over $1000 pw for months pandemic unemployment, stimulus checks and more to come! He’s bypassed the Democrats and passed another $400 pw pandemic relief as well as unemployment. If it was left to other politicians out there people would be out on the streets. He hasn’t sold his soul to fake news so unfortunately they only show the bad.

Deferred tax payments are the kicker for those taxpayers who are not paying it right now. Trump is not giving them clemency or a pardon from payment of those taxes. The states are required to pony up cash as part of the $400 deal he's pushing, said being a quid pro quo which Trump doesn't care about as it gives him an out when it comes to people start asking questions about his Executive Orders legitimacy. He'll say the failure lies elsewhere as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

aloyisious wrote: »
    Deferred tax payments are the kicker for those taxpayers who are not paying it right now. Trump is not giving them clemency or a pardon from payment of those taxes. The states are required to pony up cash as part of the $400 deal he's pushing, said being a quid pro quo which Trump doesn't care about as it gives him an out when it comes to people start asking questions about his Executive Orders legitimacy. He'll say the failure lies elsewhere as usual.

The vast majority of countries Ireland included will have a tax owed on relief payments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Username2017

aloyisious wrote: »

Well a lot of people are been given more money that they ever earned while they were working so I don’t see why they shouldn’t be taxed. I’m glad he opened up the country . He sees though the fake news and the fake numbers. As do a lot of Americans. It’s the ones who are still quarantining waiting for the miracle vaccine , that I worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Well a lot of people are been given more money that they ever earned while they were working so I don’t see why they shouldn’t be taxed. I’m glad he opened up the country . He sees though the fake news and the fake numbers. As do a lot of Americans. It’s the ones who are still quarantining waiting for the miracle vaccine , that I worry about.

More than 2.5 times Americans have died from Corona than have died in all military conflicts involving America since and including the Vietnam war.

163,000 versus 65,919.

In what way are these fake numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The hospitals reported their numbers to the CDC until July 15th. The white house ordered they be reported to them instead from that date on. Within 5 days of that, the rolling average had gone from a sharp incline to completely levelled off, and a few days later it began to drop - they are now about 20% down from their mid/late July peak despite extremely few lockdown measures being in place and a huge number of Americans refusing to wear masks and congregating in close numbers without social distancing daily.

'Fake numbers' might well prove to be the case after all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

A bunch of trolling posts and responses deleted this morning and some card given.

Up the standards please.

If you post a statement , please be prepared to back it up with factual evidence.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And in an almost Pavlovian response to a Trump gaffe , Hannity et al go in hard on Biden for his stammer on Fox News last night to deflect attention.
    Elsewhere in the clip, Biden stumbled over the word “fitness,” briefly stuttering as he repeated the word a couple of times.

Paraphrasing Biden’s remarks, Hannity turned to Schlapp and began impersonating the ex-veep while exaggeratedly stammering when he tried to say “fitness.”

“And I’d put my physical and mental fuh,fuh—what’s that word again? Oh, oh, ohh! Fuh, fuh, fuh, fuh, fitness! Fitness!” Hannity exclaimed as Jackson and Schlapp laughed.

So , when Trump says something stupid , they cover for him by openly mocking a diagnosed speech impediment.

Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3340770001

Well Trump found a positive to the 1918 pandemic in that it probably ended world war 2. The man has long since lost any clue of what is actually going on. He an comprehend someone complimenting him and someone insulting him but that seems to be the height of his knowledge at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Christy42 wrote: »
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3340770001

Well Trump found a positive to the 1918 pandemic in that it probably ended world war 2. The man has long since lost any clue of what is actually going on. He an comprehend someone complimenting him and someone insulting him but that seems to be the height of his knowledge at this point.

Even if he meant WW1, the Spanish flu was spread by large amounts of troops being shipped home in close confinement _following_ the end of the war, not that it caused the end.

But I await some explanation from the acolytes, they'll enlighten us all as to what the God King actually meant whilst claiming Biden is suffering from dementia

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And in an almost Pavlovian response to a Trump gaffe , Hannity et al go in hard on Biden for his stammer on Fox News last night to deflect attention.

So , when Trump says something stupid , they cover for him by openly mocking a diagnosed speech impediment.

Classy.

Utterly incredible that that opening monologue could be considered news. The irony of what he is saying too. Everything he is saying is true of fox news.

So now he's talking about giving his Nomination acceptance speech at Gettysburgh!!!!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1292872318562205699

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

So now he's talking about giving his Nomination acceptance speech at Gettysburgh!!!!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1292872318562205699

Isn't there a issue with Gettysberg being a federal site and sitting Presidents not being able to use these sites to campaign for re-election? I think there's the same problem with the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Won't matter to Trump. Norms and rules don't matter.

He will do it and let others debate about it.

Isn't there a issue with Gettysberg being a federal site and sitting Presidents not being able to use these sites to campaign for re-election? I think there's the same problem with the White House.
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    Won't matter to Trump. Norms and rules don't matter.

He will do it and let others debate about it.

That's definitely the case with the White House and you could very well be correct about Gettysburgh.

Either way , it's a pathetic attempt to try to associate himself with American History , although consistent with the information about his inquiries about getting added to Mt. Rushmore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Utterly incredible that that opening monologue could be considered news. The irony of what he is saying too. Everything he is saying is true of fox news.

it is infuriating, these guys love accusing them opposition of doing the exact thing they are doing themselves.

I really am not sure of the reasoning behind it. I kinda hope they are aware that they are doing it and are just enjoying trolling and watching them darn liberals tearing themselves up losing it over the obvious hypocrisy.

An alternative is that they exist in such an echo chamber that they can totally convince themselves that they are in the right. Those dirty dems are 100% going to rig the election, so our only chance is to rig it even harder than they are doing it.

Kinda like lance Armstrong justifying doping because everyone was doing it.

Regardless, I really am at the point where I don’t think there is a lot of value left in arguing with these people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

See he's got an new covid advisor Dr. Scott Atlas. Telling Trump what he wants to hear.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/11/trump-adviser-scott-atlas-coronavirus-schools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Water John wrote: »
    See he's got an new covid advisor Dr. Scott Atlas. Telling Trump what he wants to hear.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/11/trump-adviser-scott-atlas-coronavirus-schools

And as usual Trump hires another yes man to stroke his fragile ego.

When the parents/grandparents of those children start dying it will be on both their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

That's definitely the case with the White House and you could very well be correct about Gettysburgh.

Either way , it's a pathetic attempt to try to associate himself with American History , although consistent with the information about his inquiries about getting added to Mt. Rushmore

He seems to live in his own little cocoon. When I hear reports I wonder what b.s. those around him are feeding him. It smacks of sycophantic adulation and attempt at misplaced glorification.

Plus its a pathetic attempt to change the media narrative away from the intrigue of the Democrat VP nomination back to himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭abff

That has to be the single most delusional thing that Trump has done. Is he really that far removed from reality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

abff wrote: »
    That has to be the single most delusional thing that Trump has done. Is he really that far removed from reality?

Wanted to buy Greenland.

Wanted to nuke a storm.

Wrote a letter to a dictator that was thrown in the bin by said dictator.

Claimed to have taken control of the oil in the Middle East.

But yep this one is definitely top 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Wanted to buy Greenland.

Wanted to nuke a storm.

Thought Finland was part of Russia.
    Confused 9/11 with 7-11.
    The oranges of the Mueller report.
    Confused Dayton with Toledo after a mass shooting.
    Yo! Semite and even Thigh-land....

But apparently Biden is the one in cognitive decline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Wanted to buy Greenland.

Wanted to nuke a storm.

Drinking bleach didn't even get a mention!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hell you can go all the way back, he started as he meant to go on, claiming he knew more about ISIS than the generals. The man is the Dunning-Kruger Effect in full force, mixed with the raging insecurity that manifests in his outward performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

One of my personal favourites, given that it was apparently his specialty subject, was the repeated inability to understand that he couldn't rock up to Merkel and negotiate a trade deal with Germany,

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-trade-merkel-germany-eu-2017-4?r=US&IR=T

Raking the forests of Finland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

On the Gettysburg thing:

Trump is constantly referring to himself and President Lincoln. He sees himself as up there right alongside Lincoln as a Great President. Hence the enquiries about getting his fizzog hewn into Mt Rushmore alongside Honest Abe. As the Reps refer to themselves as the Party of Lincoln, Trump's attempts to be the undisputed 'champion' (in golf and/or WWE terms) of the Party for all time, he needs to have one of Lincoln's allegedly great contributions to history, ie the Gettysburg Address, eclipsed by one of his own. In his mind, (his advisors really) henceforth, anyone who googles Gettysburg Address would need to answer a virtual question: "Whose? Lincoln's or Trump's?"

What next? Move Lincoln's chair over a bit in the Lincoln Memorial in DC.. Put another chair (preferably all gold) in there for Donnie... Rename it the "Greatest Presidents Memorial" .. Maybe put the Trump name up high on it so his grifting leeching rugrats can get license fees. See where this is heading?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Harris as VP is the first real misstep I see from Biden and the campaign team. The democrats can yet snatch defeat from the jaws of victory me thinks

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Harris as VP is the first real misstep I see from Biden and the campaign team. The democrats can yet snatch defeat from the jaws of victory me thinks

Why?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement