Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,196 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I wonder did Trump ever fly on the Concorde? Just watching "Reeling in the Years"2000 when it crashed. Can you imagine if Trump had of been on that. We would be talking about something else now and not about Trump the last 3.5years.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Genuine question, how does an agreement between the UAE and Israel affect Palastine? Why would Israel agree with UAE to not annex any more West Bank?There seems to be some agreement that this is a 'big thing' but I am not clear how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

AMKC wrote: »
    I wonder did Trump ever fly on the Concorde? Just watching "Reeling in the Years"2000 when it crashed. Can you imagine if Trump had of been on that. We would be talking about something else now and not about Trump the last 3.5years.

The last season of the Good Fight started off with a few episodes of Diane Lockhart have been hit on the head and re-living a post-2016 world where Trump had lost and Hillary won... Made good TV... Suffice it to say, it was not a perfect world. Stephen King did something similar in 11/22/63 where Oswald fails to shoot JFK so Kennedy goes on to serve out his Presidency... That didn't end well either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Um Donald, is everything ok?

https://www.independent.co.uk/us-election-2020/trump-twitter-kamala-harris-biden-democrats-animals-empire-state-building-2020-election-a9668526.html

The president, trailing Joe Biden in national polls and ones in most key swing states, contended in a Fox Business interview that Democrats want to rip down the iconic building and replace it with a new one featuring “no windows.” He also said the party’s “Green New Deal” calls for “no cows,” before making his claim that all Democrats want to abolish all animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,196 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    The last season of the Good Fight started off with a few episodes of Diane Lockhart have been hit on the head and re-living a post-2016 world where Trump had lost and Hillary won... Made good TV... Suffice it to say, it was not a perfect world. Stephen King did something similar in 11/22/63 where Oswald fails to shoot JFK so Kennedy goes on to serve out his Presidency... That didn't end well either..
    Hillary serving as president would not be any worse than Trump and would have been better for the world as well as for the Palastines and Jeruselum. It would have been better for us too so hopefully Biden gets in and Trump goes in the November elections.

Excellent show 11/22/63

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

duploelabs wrote: »
    The president, trailing Joe Biden in national polls and ones in most key swing states, contended in a Fox Business interview that Democrats want to rip down the iconic building and replace it with a new one featuring “no windows.” He also said the party’s “Green New Deal” calls for “no cows,” before making his claim that all Democrats want to abolish all animals
    Donald, this is not 2016, where you can win by hogging the limelight with all sorts of outlandish comments.

This time, you have an atrocious record which cannot be deflected from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/aoc-trump-college-transcript-student-fox-news-post-office-funding-ocasio-cortez-a9668911.html

After Trump saying AOC was "a poor student" and "not even a smart person", she's challenged him to release his college grades and she'll release hers. Of course he won't, because he's threatened to sue any of his former institutions if they release his grades (wonder why?), but it really shows how vulnerable he feels to any smart woman who challenges him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭briany

serfboard wrote: »
    Donald, this is not 2016, where you can win by hogging the limelight with all sorts of outlandish comments.

This time, you have an atrocious record which cannot be deflected from.

Deflection is exactly what he's attempting. The coronavirus was sent by China. The George Floyd protests/riots were instigated by leftist agitators. Everything negative during his term he will deny any responsibility for. He'll blame his opponents or members of his cabinet. Everything positive he will enthusiastically take responsibility for and sole responsibility at that, if he's allowed to.

His outlandish comments play as well with his base as they ever did. The only trouble is that everyone else has a lot more motivation to get out and vote against him. Trump does not appear to be counting on the swing vote at all. He can't win with just his base behind him, though. Not unless he and the Republicans successfully pull the biggest electoral stroke in American history, that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://www.independent.co.uk/us-election-2020/trump-twitter-kamala-harris-biden-democrats-animals-empire-state-building-2020-election-a9668526.html

Okay then. I assume the building is the White House. No Windows is a very specific feature to highlight. Abolish all animals ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Okay then. I assume the building is the White House. No Windows is a very specific feature to highlight. Abolish all animals ?

I think the building he is referring to is the Empire State... :D:D

• Advertisement

I think the building he is referring to is the Empire State... :D:D

Well given he's president and liable to say anything it wasn't a completely mad statement. Why the Empire State Building ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Michael Cohen has just released the foreword to his book....OMG he mentions golden showers in Vegas.....

Sign me up for this book..this could be the one

https://disloyalthebook.com/download-the-disloyal-foreword-written-by-michael-cohen/

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 22,640 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He's tweeted about ratings again, calling Joe Scarborough a psycho and his wife an airhead. Pathetic stuff.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well given he's president and liable to say anything it wasn't a completely mad statement. Why the Empire State Building ?

Why the Empire State? Who the **** knows???

As he descends deeper into utter delusions and outright lunacy, the madness of previous 'Kings' such as King Lear, King George III and King Kong are being brought to life by him every single day...

And it's worth saying that in King Kong's case, it was the Empire State Building that eventually did him in....

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Michael Cohen has just released the foreword to his book....OMG he mentions golden showers in Vegas.....

https://disloyalthebook.com/download-the-disloyal-foreword-written-by-michael-cohen/

This will surely be "the one"..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

A reporter just asked Trump if he will apologize for 3 and a half years of lies... he didn’t respond

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

He's tweeted about ratings again, calling Joe Scarborough a psycho and his wife an airhead. Pathetic stuff.
    Jake Tapper (I don't watch CNN but it came up on my Twitter)'s framing of this tweet says quite a lot about where priorities lie in this administration

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1293895056584318977

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Wonder who the reporter was who asked Trump about all the lies? Trump blanked him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/aoc-trump-college-transcript-student-fox-news-post-office-funding-ocasio-cortez-a9668911.html

After Trump saying AOC was "a poor student" and "not even a smart person", she's challenged him to release his college grades and she'll release hers. Of course he won't, because he's threatened to sue any of his former institutions if they release his grades (wonder why?), but it really shows how vulnerable he feels to any smart woman who challenges him.

The thing about these two is that it no longer matters to so many in the states. Once he says it, it becomes true and there will be no back tracking.

It's clearly a lie that democrats want to ban cows but I bet this will be raised again as a concern by someone down the line, it won't just go away and then everyone else has to waste time and effort explaining how its not true and what the actually meant while Trump comes out with the next thing, constant firefighting...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Water John wrote: »
    Wonder who the reporter was who asked Trump about all the lies? Trump blanked him.

I think he will be banned after that.... I expected Trump would have at least called him a low life or something....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

ECO_Mental wrote: »

He will make a mint from the book. It's exactly what the public love, salacious and scandalous a plenty I'm sure.

I won't get it but I'm sure I'll have anything relevant (if there is actually anything of substance) to go over here and on the news to look forward to.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

marno21 wrote: »
    Jake Tapper (I don't watch CNN but it came up on my Twitter)'s framing of this tweet says quite a lot about where priorities lie in this administration

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1293895056584318977

He really tries so hard to reaffirm how much of an idiotic dick he is every day. Every damn day like.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,820 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Looking at CNN now and a female reporter seems to have cornered Trump in respect to the Mail-in ballot issue. She asked him a question about the USPS and the mail-in ballot situation and he responded that the Dems wanted extra funding for it as they needed it for Dem-run cities which have failed their duties there. He pointed at another reporter for a different question but the 1st reporter asked another which he replied to saying Russia, China and other countries WERE interfering with the U.S voting system. Cue another question from her on the same issue while he again pointed to another reporter for a different question. He again responded to her, replying to her 3rd question on the mail-in voting system and how it was interfered-with, this time responding, saying President Obama was at fault. This seems a boo-boo on Trump's part presently as it's a de-facto admission he knows that Russia interfered with the 2016 election which ended up putting him [and not HRC, the candidate from Obama's party] into office as Obama was the sitting U.S president in 2016 and not the present election [under him] which he said Russia, China and others were interfering with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Water John wrote: »

S.V Dáte is his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Why the Empire State? Who the **** knows???

As he descends deeper into utter delusions and outright lunacy, the madness of previous 'Kings' such as King Lear, King George III and King Kong are being brought to life by him every single day...

And it's worth saying that in King Kong's case, it was the Empire State Building that eventually did him in....

Seeing King Kong and the Empire State Building mentioned reminds me of bob newhart sketch about a security guard on his first night on the job. I'm laughing even thinking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

If you ever travel to NYC, the Empire State building is my favorite tourist attraction, go all the way to the very top. It's expensive (I think $50 last I looked,) but worth it. When I lived in NY I always took visitors from out of town there, the WTC, and the Statue of Liberty. The Freedom Towers exhibit is very good as well, quite moving, one of the artifacts on exhibit is the fire engine from my wife's cousin who was a fire captain, sadly lost with his battalion that horrible day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Get ready for another chapter in the birther conspiracy. It won't be long before he'll be telling her to 'go home'. Utterly predictable. More room for distraction and I'm sure there'll be certain sections that lap it up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53774289
    "But that's a very serious, you're saying that, they're saying that she doesn't qualify because she wasn't born in this country."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,777 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't read this thread often, but I'm guessing its generally a Trump-bashing thread?

Interesting to hear on the news last night that this Israel-UAE deal was said to be only done due to the help of Trump. Wonder will he get any credit if this is true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

NIMAN wrote: »
    I don't read this thread often, but I'm guessing its generally a Trump-bashing thread?

Interesting to hear on the news last night that this Israel-UAE deal was said to be only done due to the help of Trump. Wonder will he get any credit if this is true?

Generally it is a discussion on the things he says and does which result in astonishment and wondering how people can support him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement