Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Water John

When you're a shyster then those clinging to you tend to be the same, all associates no friends.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I know it's an excellent time to maximise the cash that these books etc. will make , but there does seem to be an awful lot of former "friends & associates" releasing tell-alls lately.

I'm loving the fact that The Comey show is coming out a month before the election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it's an excellent time to maximise the cash that these books etc. will make , but there does seem to be an awful lot of former "friends & associates" releasing tell-alls lately.

Well it wouldn’t look great in normal times but as I’m sure you’ll agree even vaguely normal times would be welcomed by the world given the USA is in some ways still the spoon that stirs the drink. The fact that’s it’s got an eijit in the White House isn’t helping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean it would be manna from heaven for the anti Vaxxer crowd. It would in their eyes confirm everything they believe. And as you say like lots of things trump just wants the headlines and the detail is a distant secondary concern, if there is even a secondary concern which I highly doubt.

Edit: dr birx maybe as she seems to be trying to repair her reputation which presumably she intends to keep after trump is. I think the FDA did delay it because fauci and Collins(Faucis boss) raised concerns.

Have the anti-vaxxer people made any statements in favour of Trump being re-elected as he has been pushing himself as the cure for the deep-state virus he sees infecting the U.S?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

aloyisious wrote: »
    Have the anti-vaxxer people made any statements in favour of Trump being re-elected as he has been pushing himself as the cure for the deep-state virus he sees infecting the U.S?

Doubtful - anti-vaxxers are all over the political spectrum but predominantly (in my experience in the US) left-wing-crunchy-granola types who despise Trump.
    Anti-maskers are more likely pro-Trump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I clicked into Trump jrs speech during the end out of curiosity. Hes an odd spoilt type of fellow.

His speech didn't disappoint. Definitely daddys favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,315 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Igotadose wrote: »
    Doubtful - anti-vaxxers are all over the political spectrum but predominantly (in my experience in the US) left-wing-crunchy-granola types who despise Trump.
    Anti-maskers are more likely pro-Trump

Republicans are actually more likely to be anti-vax than Democrats.

VaccineWasFree_v01_KS_hpEmbed_17x12_608.jpg

Reactionaries are always more dangerous than revolutionaries. The Dems are hardly revolutionary.
    So getting a vaccine made doesn't matter to a lot of GOP voters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I clicked into Trump jrs speech during the end out of curiosity. Hes an odd spoilt type of fellow.

His speech didn't disappoint. Definitely daddys favourite

Daddy didn't think much of him at all up to very recently, Ivanka is very clearly daddy's favourite and always has been tbf

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Didn't disappoint? Seriously?

The lad was out of his skull, FFS! The only ones he didn't disappoint were cult members and his dealer!

he definetly did not dissppoint, it was everything it was supposed to be, totally and utterly demented

• Advertisement

Trump will have a meltdown, 3m less viewers than DNC first night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

That just sounds sensationalist. Very good speech I thought

a lad shouting angry random words, waving his arms with demented eyes, brilliant. His daddy will be v proud, he may let him do a bit more con artestry as a reward.

Water John wrote: »
    Trump will have a meltdown, 3m less viewers than DNC first night.

Why ? Sure it’s not the first time he’s been 3 million behind the democrats. So the First Lady speaks tonight and I wonder what the over/ under is on how much of a Michelle Obama speech she’ll copy either knowingly or not ?

Also, Peter navarro said Melania Trump is the Jackie Kennedy of this generation. I don’t see it personally.

We'll know her real thoughts on Donald next week when the book comes out. That might get a higher rating. She's certainly no MOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Apparently a tape has surfaced today of Melania Trump criticising The Donald and Ivanka.

Yeah, book out 1st Sept with tapes as support evidence.

Yeah, book out 1st Sept with tapes as support evidence.

Michael Cohen, Ric gates, and HR McMasters all have books coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Republicans are actually more likely to be anti-vax than Democrats.
    I think it may have been more of a non-partisan issue before this year but everything is so partisan now, even infectious diseases. It ties in with all the anti-Fauchi/Bill Gates propaganda getting passed around right wing social media.

It is going to make it interesting if Trump wants to push a vaccine to help with his election chances but I'm sure the fanatics will eventually preform the mental gymnastics required to make it seem like another masterstroke by Trump.

Lucky Trump is such a great book reader. He can even mange to read the Bible upside down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

The one I'm most interested in reading will be Seth Abramson's Proof of Corruption. His two previous Proofs (Proof of Collusion and Proof of Conspiracy) were right on the money.

• Advertisement

How much of a power is Richard Spencer in Alt-right politics now where voting for Trump is concerned? It seems he now sees Trump as a disaster and has switched his vote to Biden (which Joe's team have rejected) as he's decided the liberals are more competent people. Is this too obviously a Trojan-horse and distraction-politics or is it in any way possible that Spencer is not lying?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

A few below standard posts removed from overnight.

Let's keep the standards up please.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭volchitsa

aloyisious wrote: »
    How much of a power is Richard Spencer in Alt-right politics now where voting for Trump is concerned? It seems he now sees Trump as a disaster and has switched his vote to Biden (which Joe's team have rejected) as he's decided the liberals are more competent people. Is this too obviously a Trojan-horse and distraction-politics or is it in any way possible that Spencer is not lying?

Has to be the Trojan horse/accelerationism strategy I think. Sowing discord among the libs, at the least.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

volchitsa wrote: »
    Has to be the Trojan horse/accelerationism strategy I think. Sowing discord among the libs, at the least.

That would be a clear indicator that Richard and others know the Trump re-election campaign is not getting new voters; its time now to confuse the liberals into wondering if RS did genuinely had a Damascus Road moment & waste the next two months on it. Coincidental that this happens when its a major news item that Kelly-Anne Conway is leaving the Trump campaign now to provide good parenting to her daughter alongside her hubby from within the GOP opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Michael Cohen has signed up to appear on the Rachel Maddow show. Looking forward to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I know that peddling lies and snakeoil are second nature to this family, but Don Jnrs speech was like a parody of that. Pure SNL. Is anyone buying this claptrap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I know that peddling lies and snakeoil are second nature to this family, but Don Jnrs speech was like a parody of that. Pure SNL. Is anyone buying this claptrap?

The short answer is yes, there are millions are people buying it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The short answer is yes, there are millions are people buying it.

The Key question though is "Are any NEW people buying it?"

Pandering to his existing supporters isn't going to work for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Lucky Trump is such a great book reader. He can even mange to read the Bible upside down.

Though incapable of quoting a "favourite" or indeed, any part of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The Key question though is "Are any NEW people buying it?"

Pandering to his existing supporters isn't going to work for him.

Well, it depends on turnout, which is why Team Trump are working so hard to try to limit voting. They, I would think correctly, think that their supporters will vote no matter what.

If they can discourage enough people from voting then they can repeat 2016, when they lost the popular vote but won it where it mattered.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Trump is trying to MAGA, bring America together or even win an argument.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement