Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New App

Options
  • 01-07-2020 5:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭

Is this really what took years to come out?
    Slightly newer look but nothing of importance changed?

Also new app icon wont add to my home screen or app drawer so have to go to play store to open it each time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi blade1, 

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie this morning. 

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way about the New Mobile App. Please be assured I will pass this on as feedback on your behalf. 

The new app has 50% greater functionality than the previous version with new services including management of direct debits and standing orders, view and download statements and the ability to filter up to 12 months’ transaction history.

The first version of the new Mobile App is the foundation and underpinning platform from which we will deliver enhanced customer experiences based on what our customers want. Built on new more agile technology, it will deliver new and better functionality to customers at a faster rate than ever before.

The new Icon should update automatically on your phone home screen. It may be best to attempt to delete and redownload the app to see if this resolves the issue with the Icon. 

[font=Calibri Light, sans-serif]Thanks, Aisling[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Not even a fingerprint login in this day and age?

blade1 wrote: »
    Not even a fingerprint login in this day and age?
    Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Please be assured all of our customers' feedback is important to us, and I will certainly pass this on as feedback on your behalf. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

I just get a blank white screen when I launch the new app. The old app was working fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm also getting a white screen when launching the app. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and cannot get past the Enter your ID page. Can you help please 

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    I'm also getting a white screen when launching the app. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it and cannot get past the Enter your ID page. Can you help please 

I'm on Android version 9, It's a Hauwei.
    It's really odd because it worked the other day when I completed the setup. Looking forward to seeing the new features once the teething problems are sorted ðŸ‘

It is working now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Nicnac, we’re glad to hear you got sorted. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

@Jos28, we’re sorry to hear this. If you are still experiencing this difficulty, can we ask you to send us a DM? We’ll be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi Nicnac, we’re glad to hear you got sorted. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

@Jos28, we’re sorry to hear this. If you are still experiencing this difficulty, can we ask you to send us a DM? We’ll be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

It is actually down again this morning, a different error.

"The Server Cannot be reached". I have full internet connection here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

nicnac wrote: »

Thanks,
    Richard

It is actually down again this morning, a different error.

"The Server Cannot be reached". I have full internet connection here...
    Hi Nicnac, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

At the moment our new mobile app is undergoing some maintenance and should be back up and running as normal shortly. 

Rest assured you can certainly still log on to www.365Online.com through a web browser. 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I hope that this information helps. Please feel free to get back in touch with us here if you have any further queries. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Advertisement

Getting this now.
    Looks like another 3 years needed on development 
    Screenshot-20200704-103654.jpg

And this now.

This happens on WiFi and the other one happens on 4g

Screenshot-20200704-111209.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Koolguy

Have they done anything about the problems with real time balances or just smartened up the app

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

It’s down for scheduled maintenance.  Was supposed to be until 9.30 this morning I think but still wasn’t working for me at 10.00. Now getting a message to say maintenance until 12.30!

On the app itself, it’s clunky as hell. It has more functionality but looks a lot worse, is much slower.  No fingerprint support in 2020 is laughable really. 

Apple/Google Pay is a pipe dream at this stage. 

adox wrote: »
    It’s down for scheduled maintenance.  Was supposed to be until 9.30 this morning I think but still wasn’t working for me at 10.00. Now getting a message to say maintenance until 12.30!

On the app itself, it’s clunky as hell. It has more functionality but looks a lot worse, is much slower.  No fingerprint support in 2020 is laughable really. 

Fear not, fingerprint login will arrive circa 2035!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

adox wrote:

This is pushing me towards closing my account at this stage. It's a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi all, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Our new mobile is currently undergoing maintenance and so customers should be able to log on to their online banking through the app again shortly. 

Please be assured that in the meantime you can still log on to www.365Online.com through a web browser. 

I hope this information is helpful. If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Koolguy

BOI seems to be oldschool when it comes to technology

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Hi all, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Our new mobile is currently undergoing maintenance and so customers should be able to log on to their online banking through the app again shortly. 

Please be assured that in the meantime you can still log on to www.365Online.com through a web browser. 

I hope this information is helpful. If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

It's still not working, something has obviously gone wrong, can't imagine maintenance would be scheduled for a Saturday afternoon.

The app itself is just a gloss of paint over the old one with a few basic additions like viewing statements that should have been in the old app anyway. If this is all that's been produced after years of delays I despair about when we'll get more useful features like spending analytics, real time transaction notifications, Google/Apple Pay, fingerprint unlock etc. Are there any plans to update 365 online? It looks like something from the 90s.

Looks like it might finally be time to start investigating which bank to switch my accounts too.

Maintenance until 10pm it's saying now.
    How bad are things when it needs that much maintenance after a couple of days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,387 ✭✭✭Tow

Almost 11pm and still down.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi All, 

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us here on boards. 

We would like to apologise to our android users for the disruption caused by maintenance on the new mobile app over the weekend. We can assure you that the app is now working as normal. 

At all times the main website was operating and fully accessible for our customers. Please feel free to get to back in touch if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My old app worked perfectly for years.

Updated today and it won't start. Keeps aborting on start up.

Absolutely no use. Tried uninstalling and downloading again. Still no good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

NIMAN wrote: »
    My old app worked perfectly for years.

Updated today and it won't start. Keeps aborting on start up.

Absolutely no use. Tried uninstalling and downloading again. Still no good.
    Hi NIMAN,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience. We would suggest contacting our mobile migration team on 0818200362 and one of our colleagues will be happy to go through the migration with you. 

Our team is available to take your call until 5pm and would be happy to help talk you through this. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is that a charged number? 0818?

Is there a direct 01 number I could ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi NIMAN 

Thanks for checking in with us on the contact number.

Yes certainly, you can also dial 01 4044000 and a colleague can transfer you to our Mobile Migration Team. 

The 0818 would not be a freephone number, you could contact with your mobile provider to check further on the charge.  

We do hope this helps,

Many thanks 
    Alison

Just in case anyone isn't aware

[font=opensans, Arial, sans-serif]From 1 December 2019, calls to 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076 Non-Geographic Numbers (NGNs) will cost no more than calling a landline number and will be included in your bundle of call minutes if your bundle includes landline calls.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

App is down again...

Ohmeha wrote: »
    App is down again...
    Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Our New Mobile App is currently under scheduled maintenance. You should have full access to the desktop version of Banking 365 in the meantime. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I just got a text from BOI telling me the old app is no longer available and to install the new one.  I see it's already updated to the new version on my phone, but when trying to register the device, it fails and tells me my device is not registered.  This is just an utter failure, and should be removed from the app store.  Look at the reviews there, it's not working for pretty much anyone.  That was 1.4 billion euro well spent. 

Advertisement