Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New App

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I just got a text from BOI telling me the old app is no longer available and to install the new one.  I see it's already updated to the new version on my phone, but when trying to register the device, it fails and tells me my device is not registered.  This is just an utter failure, and should be removed from the app store.  Look at the reviews there, it's not working for pretty much anyone.  That was 1.4 billion euro well spent. 
    Same here. I wonder is it not supported on old android phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So I called BoI technical support late last week after installing the new app and it wouldn't even open for me.

They didn't inspire me with any confidence.

1st guy I spoke to cut me off just after I asked a question as to what the issue might be.
    2nd guy said he was "app technical support" when I asked to be put through to them, then proceeded to take my number and said he'd get "technical support" to call me if they can work out what is causing my app not to work.

I still haven't heard from them. Don't expect to either. What a mess. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

NIMAN wrote:

Don't worry. There will be someone along here tomorrow to reassure you with a meaningless stock reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

App works for me and was able to register device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

I just got a text from BOI telling me the old app is no longer available and to install the new one.  I see it's already updated to the new version on my phone, but when trying to register the device, it fails and tells me my device is not registered.  This is just an utter failure, and should be removed from the app store.  Look at the reviews there, it's not working for pretty much anyone.  That was 1.4 billion euro well spent. 
    Hi stronglikebull,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am really sorry to hear that you're having this difficulty registering with the new app. I am aware that yesterday evening there were some technical difficulties however, these were since resolved since 8:30pm. 

If you are still having these difficulties this morning, please contact our dedicated Mobile Migration Team on 0818200362. One of my colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. If there is anything else we can help with, we are available on Twitter @talktoBOI and Facebook. 

Have a great day and take care. 

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

NIMAN wrote: »
    So I called BoI technical support late last week after installing the new app and it wouldn't even open for me.

1st guy I spoke to cut me off just after I asked a question as to what the issue might be.
    2nd guy said he was "app technical support" when I asked to be put through to them, then proceeded to take my number and said he'd get "technical support" to call me if they can work out what is causing my app not to work.

Hi Niman,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am really sorry that you haven't received a call back in relation to this.

There had been some technical difficulties with the app yesterday evening, but this was resolved by approx 8:30pm. It seems customers were having similar difficulties to you, not having the facility to open the app.

If you are still having this difficulty this morning, please contact our dedicated Mobile Migration Team on 0818200362. One of my colleagues on this team can certainly help and look into this further for you.

I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope this is sorted for you ASAP

Have a lovely day.

Many thanks, 
    Megan 

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Same here, telling me I have no internet. 200Mbps is no internet to BOI, tells you all you need to know. 

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Took you 5 years to create a new GUI...well done, still no contactless payments, not holding my breath for that one. Shambles. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Poncke wrote: »
    Same here, telling me I have no internet. 200Mbps is no internet to BOI, tells you all you need to know. 
    Hi Poncke,

The issue was resolved yesterday evening so you shouldn't be experiencing any further difficulties. Have been trying to register your device today? 

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Niman,

There had been some technical difficulties with the app yesterday evening, but this was resolved by approx 8:30pm. It seems customers were having similar difficulties to you, not having the facility to open the app.

If you are still having this difficulty this morning, please contact our dedicated Mobile Migration Team on 0818200362. One of my colleagues on this team can certainly help and look into this further for you.

Have a lovely day.

Many thanks, 
    Megan 
    Sorry but I will not be calling again. You took my details and said I would be called back. Its a measure of how a business treats their customers that they have the decency to do what they said they'd do.

As for the app not working yesterday for a period of time, that has nothing to do with my issues. My new app has NEVER worked since I installed it. The old one worked perfectly for years. The new app is the issue as can be clearly seen on this forum and in the comment section on the PlayStore.

I will just put up without an app for now. Until your developers get their act together. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Niman,

Have a lovely day.

Many thanks, 
    Megan 
    Sorry but I will not be calling again. You took my details and said I would be called back. Its a measure of how a business treats their customers that they have the decency to do what they said they'd do.

As for the app not working yesterday for a period of time, that has nothing to do with my issues. My new app has NEVER worked since I installed it. The old one worked perfectly for years. The new app is the issue as can be clearly seen on this forum and in the comment section on the PlayStore.

I will just put up without an app for now. Until your developers get their act together. 
    Hi NIMAN

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

So sorry to hear a return call was not received by the Migration App Team. We would gladly arrange this for you, if you would like to send us a PM with your full name, Branch account is linked to and your contact number please. 

Just to add, the Team are available daily from 10am until 4pm. If there is a preferred time and day within these hours you would like the call back we can certainly facilitate this for you. 

Apologies again for the experience so far, we understand this has been frustrating and also time consuming for you. 

We hope to hear from you soon, 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Be prepared to have no app for 5years it took them this long to put out this crap app, and still no apple/Google pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Massy086, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We’re sorry to hear that you feel this way.  

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback in relation to our new app with us here and we’ll be sure to pass it on to our development team. 

In relation to Google and Apple Pay, we do intend to introduce phone payments in the future. Please be assured that as soon as we can confirm timings we’ll advise our customers. 

If you’ve any further feedback or queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here. 

Thanks, Eve 

I don't mean to be rude here, but the replies from the reps are simply generic ones, they could almost be posted by bots.

No offence meant, I'm sure you are only saying that you're told to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

App is down again poor service maybe time to switch banks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

massy086 wrote: »
    App is down again poor service maybe time to switch banks
    Hi There, 

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]
    Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie today. 

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our New Mobile App. This is being investigated by our Support Team as a high priority to ensure this is resolved ASAP. 

Just to mention, you can still access your online banking account on the desktop/web version of Banking 365. 

We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What's going on with the app now.
    Put in my 3 digits and this pops up.
    Can't go any further.

I know the usual response well by now....  sorry, will pass on feedback, use 365 online for the meantime bla bla bla.

What's the point in having an app if we have to keep using the website??
    It's a like a comedy of errors at this stage!

Screenshot-20200728-172806.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

I went to use our yesterday and got some sort of error. 
    I don't trust it, if it's that flakey there could well be security issues with it. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Yeah same for error for me each time, this 'new modern app' turning out to be some success for BOI

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

nicnac wrote: »
    I went to use our yesterday and got some sort of error. 
    I don't trust it, if it's that flakey there could well be security issues with it. 

The app was down for maintenance yesterday, possibly related to that?

I've been finding it a great improvement (although still very sparse in terms of features).

The old app was freezing when entering my pin, very annoying.

• Advertisement

My old app worked perfectly for years.

Wish I had it back working again.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DD1518

I downloaded it yesterday and find it terrible compared to the old app it's always telling me I have a problem with Internet connection and all sorts it needs to improve massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I'm having this same issue but now i have received a text from BOI telling me that if i enter my pin incorrect once more then my account will be blocked!!
    My pin number is correct, it's the app that is the problem!

blade1 wrote: »
    What's going on with the app now.
    Put in my 3 digits and this pops up.
    Can't go any further.

I know the usual response well by now....  sorry, will pass on feedback, use 365 online for the meantime bla bla bla.

What's the point in having an app if we have to keep using the website??
    It's a like a comedy of errors at this stage!

Screenshot-20200728-172806.jpg
    Hi Blade1, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having difficulties logging on to your mobile app. 

In this instance we’d recommend deleting the app and reinstalling it to your phone, this should hopefully help. 

Alternatively, you can certainly contact our mobile migration team directly on 0818 200 362 and an advisor would be more than happy to look into this for you and offer further guidance. 

I hope that this information helps. If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

I'm having this same issue but now i have received a text from BOI telling me that if i enter my pin incorrect once more then my account will be blocked!!
    Hi Tiredblondie, thanks for reaching out to us here. 

We’re sorry to hear about this. 

If you’ve been blocked out of your mobile app then you’d still have one pin try remaining by logging on to www.365Online.com. 

Once you’ve logged on there successfully your app should be unblocked. 

Alternatively you can certainly contact our customer service desk directly on 0818 365 365 and an advisor would happy to look into this for you further. 

If you’ve any further queries please feel free to get back in touch with us here on Boards.ie, we’ll certainly do our best to help you. 

Thanks, Eve 

Hi All, thanks for your posts here on Boards.ie. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our new mobile app with us here. We really appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers. 

Please be assured that we have forward on all of your feedback to our development team. 

If you’ve any further queries you can certainly get in touch with us here and we’d be happy to do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I got the same message. Now I'm locked out, and have to ring B365. The app was down, but when it came back up, I was putting in the correct pin, and it was hanging. I then got the same text per above. Then I got locked out after one more "failed' attempt. The app was the problem, not my details

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I got the same message. Now I'm locked out, and have to ring B365. The app was down, but when it came back up, I was putting in the correct pin, and it was hanging. I then got the same text per above. Then I got locked out after one more "failed' attempt. The app was the problem, not my details
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

If you’ve been blocked out of your mobile app then you should still have one pin try remaining by logging on to www.365Online.com through a web browser. 

If you can log on to your online banking successfully this way your app should then be unblocked. 

If you need your User ID you can text the word USER to 50365 and you should receive a text back with your User ID. 

Alternatively it would be necessary to contact our customer service desk on 0818 365 365 and an advisor would be certainly be happy to help you. 

I hope this helps is helpful. Please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here if you’ve any further queries, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

If you’ve been blocked out of your mobile app then you’d still have one pin try remaining by logging on to www.365Online.com. 

Alternatively you can certainly contact our customer service desk directly on 0818 365 365 and an advisor would happy to look into this for you further. 

If you’ve any further queries please feel free to get back in touch with us here on Boards.ie, we’ll certainly do our best to help you. 

Thanks, Eve 
    But i still can't use the app and don't always have access to login from a desktop!
    I can get as far as entering my pin then the screen greys out and doesn't let me go any further!

• Advertisement

Thanks, Eve 
    But i still can't use the app and don't always have access to login from a desktop!
    I can get as far as entering my pin then the screen greys out and doesn't let me go any further!
    Hi there, thanks for getting back to us here. 

You should be able to log on to www.365Online.com through the web browser on your phone, you wouldn’t necessarily need to log on through a desktop or laptop each time. 

If you’re still having issues logging in to your app then we’d recommend contacting our customer service desk on 0818 200 362 and an advisor would certainly be able to look into this for you further. 

I hope this information helps. If there’s anything else we can do to help please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement