Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Lite Block (AAC - Aerated)

Options
  • 01-07-2020 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All

I've bought 50 Quinn Lite Blocks (B7) to build an external structure (BBQ Island) that will be exposed 24/7 and was hoping you could help me with the correct options I have to protect the blocks from the weather. This is a small DIY project so I was looking for easy options for newbies.

I am considering either:

1) Painting the blocks directly - but am not sure how to prepare the blocks for painting and what types of products to use.

2) Installing stone cladding tiles - but not sure what time of mortar/plaster to use due to how porous the blocks are.

Could you please help me with suggestions?

Also, regarding laying the blocks themselves, is there a ready mix mortar product I could buy that already comes in the correct cement/sand proportions?

Cheers,
    Andre

Advertisement