Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Broadband Cancellation

• 01-07-2020 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Has anybody experienced any difficulty in cancelling Eir broadband? I recently changed to a different provider and have spent hours on the phone to Eir attempting to cancel. I keep being put on hold and Eir have promised call backs that never occur. I was assured, by Eir, that this service was cancelled as of the end of May. However, I am still receiving bills and the broadband remains active.

Eir have made excuses that I am on an older plan and that they have difficulty accessing my account information. The broadband, provided by Eir, is a mobile hotspot. However, I don't find this to be a viable excuse. After spending hours on the phone, and being promised a call back from cancellations....that NEVER occurs, I am at whits end. I feel that it is theft for a company to not allow a customer to cancel a service when a contract is cancelled and thirty days notice has been given.

If anybody could provide any insight to similar experiences and any method used to finally cancel that would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bingus666

Hi, you're not alone! I have the same experience, hours on the phone only to be told the account is an old one & the "cancellation team" will call me - I've only had missed calls from them early in the morning & voiceless voicemails.

I do remember seeing in the T&C's that you can also post a cancellation doc to them but I also saw that due to the covid pandemic, their "customer agents" will not process these as they are all working remotely.

I think I'm gonna post one in anyhow so as to have a date point from when I requested cancellation of the account, make a copy of the signed letter, take a pic of it and get a postage receipt from AnPost.

The whole process is a PITA & only makes me want to NEVER go back to Eir

Let me know if you got any other ideas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

bingus666 wrote: »
    Hi, you're not alone! I have the same experience, hours on the phone only to be told the account is an old one & the "cancellation team" will call me - I've only had missed calls from them early in the morning & voiceless voicemails.

I do remember seeing in the T&C's that you can also post a cancellation doc to them but I also saw that due to the covid pandemic, their "customer agents" will not process these as they are all working remotely.

I think I'm gonna post one in anyhow so as to have a date point from when I requested cancellation of the account, make a copy of the signed letter, take a pic of it and get a postage receipt from AnPost.

The whole process is a PITA & only makes me want to NEVER go back to Eir

Let me know if you got any other ideas!

Spend the extra €5 and send it by registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bingus666

mikeecho wrote: »
    Spend the extra €5 and send it by registered post.

sure but the point is not to make sure they get it (they probably wont since there's nobody in the office & it'll be returned), but more to log the cancellation attempt on my side...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Am I correct in thinking its a bill pay mobile internet dongle and not through the phone line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I went through the nightmare cancellation process and got a cancellation date of July 24th
    But I received another bill today with rental period July 9th to Aug 8th.
    Am I right to think that the next bill would be my final and will consist of a payment to me for the rental period of July 24th to Aug 8th?

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement