Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Its the only sub that I have that does advance notice of premieres but its fine, the whole internet is marketing nowadays anyway youre just creating as wide an audience as you can. I'm looking forward to watching it at 12.

Have seen a few videos of it already but I think a nicely specced A7 is a nicer looking car
    Fully charged do it anyway. A lot of other subs I have do it too.

I dont think an A7 is likely to be cross shopped with an etron GT. You're more likely cross shopping with an S or RS model. (Or other brand "sport" cars, including internal VAG stuff like Taycan)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ELM327 wrote: »
    BTW as a recent sub (since the ID series), love the channel, keep up the good work!

Yeah I don't want to sound ungrateful, I've been subbed to your channel since the start Mark and I've watched all your EV reviews. Best Irish motoring channel imho.

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah I don't want to sound ungrateful, I've been subbed to your channel since the start Mark and I've watched all your EV reviews. Best Irish motoring channel imho.
    Himself and Bob (flavin) are the two main irish motoring subs I follow and watch regularly.
    Really enjoyed the collab episode on the phevs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Not at all lads, appreciate feedback good and bad. Unusual to have embargoes like it in Ireland but I welcome it to be honest. The way YouTube works, it is probably no harm to have a burst of video coming from one region at the same time as will possibly help get more eyes on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Fully charged do it anyway. A lot of other subs I have do it too.

I dont think an A7 is likely to be cross shopped with an etron GT. You're more likely cross shopping with an S or RS model. (Or other brand "sport" cars, including internal VAG stuff like Taycan)

Yeah RS I suppose I meant. Haven't seen an etron gt outside of computer screen yet so maybe they are even more stunning in the flesh.

• Advertisement

I loved the RS GT model that Bjorn had in the camo green color. I wouldnt pay the 140k plus asking price for it though, considering an X Plaid is less expensive and that's my dream car.

So you enjoyed that then, Mark :D

Imagine having that performance in your daily family bus. Costing nothing to run or maintain and not even bad for the environment. Nice, innit :D

Great review, well shot. Topped up by your enthusiastic presentation. Quality!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Coming to the end of our Marvel rerun with Endgame tonight, the ETron makes a loud engine noise appearance after Tony solves the time travel.....does it make that engine revving sound now its out in the wild?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Etron q4 launch videos coming out later on.
    Autogefuhl have one later anyway so it will be detailed to say the least. Standard model and sport back model being launched together.

Between VAG and Hyundai/KIA I pity all their competitors.
    They really have thrown themselves at the electric market.

• Advertisement

Gathering pace alright. The q4 etron starts at 41k. Nicer versions might still sneak under the all important thresholds for grants and bik. It's quite a lot cheaper than larger e tron which surprised me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭digiman

I've bought shares in VW for this reason, expect them to own the segment pretty soon. If I was brave enough I'd short Tesla
    Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Gathering pace alright. The q4 etron starts at 41k. Nicer versions might still sneak under the all important thresholds for grants and bik. It's quite a lot cheaper than larger e tron which surprised me

Cheaper than I expected, do you have any more details on the pricing?

digiman wrote: »
    I've bought shares in VW for this reason, expect them to own the segment pretty soon. If I was brave enough I'd short Tesla

Cheaper than I expected, do you have any more details on the pricing?

No, just the article below. Order books open tomorrow so I'd imagine full pricing in the morning. Looks to be starting at about 6k more than vw id4 starting price so 6k + throughout the range. 40 model looks like the one you want. 50 getting pricey. 35 might be lacking in options and a bit of poke. Hope price walk to 40 not too big.

https://www.completecar.ie/car-news/article/10892/Audi-Q4-e-tron-for-Irish-market

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭mun1

UK sites state that it starts at £41k. But maybe this translates into €41k after our VRT and when grants are included.
    I don’t think it will be €41k as this will be too close to ID4 pricing (even though extras on an Audi can add a nice chunk of money to their cars).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I really like the look of this, it's the first Audi in a long, long time that I find appealing.

This also begs the question: many compact/mid sized electric SUVs will be unveiled and released in the time since the Model Y was announced.

41k in Germany, probably north of 48k here

mun1 wrote: »
    UK sites state that it starts at £41k. But maybe this translates into €41k after our VRT and when grants are included.
    I don’t think it will be €41k as this will be too close to ID4 pricing (even though extras on an Audi can add a nice chunk of money to their cars).

I read that it exceeds thresholds for uk subsidies so maybe we will get it cheaper than them. We will know soon. FFG won't be happy! This has completely thrown me off getting a 530e, I nearly have a deal done on one. So much headturning these days.

From Autocar website in UK:

Four trim levels are available from launch: Sport, S Line, Edition 1 and Vorsprung. UK pricing for the SUV starts at £40,750 for the 35, rising to £44,990 for the 40 and £51,370 for the 50. Prices for the Sportback model are not yet finalised, but it will likely command a premium of around £1500.

If ROI prices are similar to UK prices then I'm guessing a 40 S Line will be 47/48k.
    Interesting to see what the edition 1 adds, presumably same as with the VW IDs.

Don't think we get vorspung in Ireland, only ever saw it in UK reviews.

€41k on the road here in Ireland for the base model is excellent, but I'll believe it when I see it. Looks better than the ID.4 imho and there is very little other competition yet in that popular segment - family size crossover for affordable money. Should be a huge seller, what's not to like here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,058 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

€41k on the road here in Ireland for the base model is excellent, but I'll believe it when I see it. Looks better than the ID.4 imho and there is very little other competition yet in that popular segment - family size crossover for affordable money. Should be a huge seller, what's not to like here?

i think your first point is the salient one, im guessing this will be 50k with any sort of extras ticked, hopefully not!

41K is not happening here.
    It's the German price. The Model 3 is 40k there for the SR+ and 48k here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Should be a huge seller, what's not to like here?
    I fear brutal motorway range on the base model, could be under 200km. Fingers crossed for the range test though.

Lumen wrote: »
    I fear brutal motorway range on the base model, could be under 200km. Fingers crossed for the range test though.

for 90% of the people buying something like that it wouldnt actually be an issue,

convincing them of that is harder tho.

41K is not happening here.
    It's the German price. The Model 3 is 40k there for the SR+ and 48k here

The Irish website in the link above seems pretty confident about the price. Now that's likely the base model with solid paint, paddy spec and delivery extra, but still. They state the order book is open today so we shall see.

I fear brutal motorway range on the base model, could be under 200km.

Doesn't matter a damn if you have half decent public charging. Most families want to drive no more than 2 hours anyway before a break. Obviously if you do Dublin to Cork return a few times every week, this car is not for you. For 95% of families a motorway range of 200km is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Cyrus wrote: »
    for 90% of the people buying something like that it wouldn't actually be an issue,

convincing them of that is harder tho.
    Doesn't matter a damn if you have half decent public charging. Most families want to drive no more than 2 hours anyway before a break. Obviously if you do Dublin to Cork return a few times every week, this car is not for you. For 95% of families a motorway range of 200km is fine

There are plenty of Model 3 SR+ owners moaning about range.

Well in fairness they have a point as I wouldn't describe the Irish public fast charging system as half decent. But it is improving, I don't think there are any single point of failures anymore for a 200km motorway range car? Before Ionity, every single fast charger in Ireland was a single point of failure (Tesla SuperChargers excepted)

But I think they were more complaining about the (winter) motorway range being less than they expected. Typical for a n00b to electric cars, no disrespect to anyone.

people moan about range, but it isnt always a real issue for them, we would all like 800 km range, but very few need it:p

The small 7.2kwh charging on the base spec Q4 eTron is a bit mean but it appears that 11kw hardware actually costs real money to manufacture so they expect you to pay for it.

I cant see the 35 model being any use anyway - definitely people will buy for the badge but if its going to be a poorer EV than a 41k ID4 or Enyaq, thats for sure.

• Advertisement

The Irish website in the link above seems pretty confident about the price. Now that's likely the base model with solid paint, paddy spec and delivery extra, but still. They state the order book is open today so we shall see.

I wonder if its just an EU wide piece with a disclaimer that the real price is coming later.
    41k if there's any sort of spec on it is a good deal!

Then they bought the wrong car!

Advertisement