Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

unkel wrote: »
    Just trying to establish if your car has the basic lane assist system (which bounces the car between the lines, so is no use for assistance really but might add safety a bit) or the more advanced travel assist system that is a level 2 autonomous driving system.

Not sure to be honest. There was only one additional extra I could get for safety and it was called Emergency adaptive cruise control. Different to the normal adaptive cruise control.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

Same battery as the bigger ID 4 battery. Everything else is different (I think). Price is relative. Audi were giving me €7k more for my current car than anyone else. It's a big help. Spec on the one I got as standard is (copy and pasted):

LED Headlights
    Heated Front Seats
    Audi Drive Select
    Smartphone Interface
    Multi Function Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    Lane Departure Warning
    Digital Radio
    Swerve Assist and Turn Assist
    Dynamic Steering
    Sport Front Seats
    Reverse Camera
    Front and Rear Parking Sensors
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Electric Close Tail Gate
    Power Folding Mirrors
    4 Way Lumbar Support
    Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
    Gloss Black Accent Around Centre Consol
    Aluminium Optic Interior
    Sline Bumpers
    Sline Badging
    20" Alloy Wheels
    Sport Suspension
    Leather Seats
    LED Interior Lights
    Black Headliner
    S Logo on aluminium Scuff Plate
    Stainless Steel Pedals on Footrest
    Decorative Inserts in Brushed Aluminium
    Interactive HUD on windscreen

What kind of GMFV are they giving on this? Presuming it's the 40 S-Line you bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not sure to be honest. There was only one additional extra I could get for safety and it was called Emergency adaptive cruise control. Different to the normal adaptive cruise control.

That's the AEB system (autonomous emergency braking)

It's pathetic really that all of these systems aren't yet standard on a €60k car. From 01/01/2022 these are mandatory on all EU cars and already for the last few years, you could only get a 5 star Euro NCAP safety rating if your car had all of these:

1. AEB
    2. ACC (active cruise control)
    3. LKAS (lane keep assist)

All of those were standard on even the cheapest Hyundai Ioniq (€25k) back in 2016

Can't really blame VW, they are trying to milk every cent out of their customer and remove every last possible cent out of the base cost of manufacturing the car, that's what any company should do, they try to maximise profit. Within the legal framework they have to live with. Thankfully this framework is (slowly) progressing over time with these stricter and stricter EU regulations.

Audi make you pay for everything. To add a cigarette charger to the car was €17. I do love them all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dcn90

Has anyone heard anything about the 50 model? I wonder if there will be a delayed release in the production line similar the ID4 AWD.

• Advertisement

dcn90 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about the 50 model? I wonder if there will be a delayed release in the production line similar the ID4 AWD.

Not much other than I was told it was coming out later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pass123

Getting the same feedback from Audi and looking at the Sport model. Thinking of upgrading to leather seats - without going too off topic - anybody any experience of standard vs sports seats comfortwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭mun1

Any idea why the Etron 50 is depreciating so quickly ?
    A few 211 reg going for €65k vs new price of €78k .
    Range is 320km same as Q4 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Where did you get the new price of €78k?

It's €73k on the audi.ie website and that's before you negotiate any discounts. Which seem to be there in spades (or hidden as generous trade-ins)

So in fact €65k second hand seems a rather optimistic asking price. In either case, depreciation seems low enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

mun1 wrote: »
    Any idea why the Etron 50 is depreciating so quickly ?
    A few 211 reg going for €65k vs new price of €78k .
    Range is 320km same as Q4 35.

Range is 320km in the most ideal of conditions in reality its between 230 and 300 depending on the weather.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Where did you get the new price of €78k?

It's €73k on the audi.ie website and that's before you negotiate any discounts. Which seem to be there in spades (or hidden as generous trade-ins)

So in fact €65k second hand seems a rather optimistic asking price. In either case, depreciation seems low enough.

On audi.ie Lowest coast advance is €75.5k inc delivery.
    Sport is @79.5k which is one of the models on calzone for €65k.
    €14k off a 2021 car is some knockdown. Even baking in the €5k SEAI grant its still €9k off a new car, generous discounts or not .
    I’d say it’s probably due to the Q4 coming out as its in the same bracket and maybe real world miles are between 200-25km .

Was looking at a Q4 Sline but no grant available so might try to pick up a second hand one later in the year.

On audi.ie Lowest coast advance is €75.5k inc delivery.
    Sport is @79.5k which is one of the models on calzone for €65k.
    €14k off a 2021 car is some knockdown. Even baking in the €5k SEAI grant its still €9k off a new car, generous discounts or not .
    I’d say it’s probably due to the Q4 coming out as its in the same bracket and maybe real world miles are between 200-25km .

Was looking at a Q4 Sline but no grant available so might try to pick up a second hand one later in the year.

Q4 is segment below its an appreciably smaller car. And cheaper, also maybe its gone now but there was also the vrt rebate so that was another 5k. Mine retailed at 83/84 I think and it was 72 after rebate and grant and discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

If you're buying a pre reg car, there's going to be a healthy discount. In this case it looks like just above 10%, sounds OK to me. Audi discount list prices quite a lot from what I see apart from launch of a new model. Etron out a few years now, demand may be waning so register a few, get rebates from manufacturer/distributor and get them sold.
    Don't think it's going to be more heavily depreciating car than anything else in the 60-70-80k bracket.
    If you could get a 211 mid to low 60s now and can afford that, I wouldn't be particularly worried about depreciation, should hold reasonably well from there in comparison with other things at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

I ordered one above €60k but was told I would get preapproved for the grant in June and then it could be applied to the car received in July. I came to an arrangement with the Audi garage that I could hand the car back at no cost if the grant was not successful. They said they are 100% I will get it. They engaged with the SEAI I believe.[/QUOTE

I hope you are right but i would take their word with a large grain of salt.The SEAI website makes it clear that cars registered after the first of July and costing
    more than 60K will not qualify. I would love to know how you can be preapproved.

lukas8888 wrote: »
    I ordered one above €60k but was told I would get preapproved for the grant in June and then it could be applied to the car received in July. I came to an arrangement with the Audi garage that I could hand the car back at no cost if the grant was not successful. They said they are 100% I will get it. They engaged with the SEAI I believe.[/QUOTE

I hope you are right but i would take their word with a large grain of salt.The SEAI website makes it clear that cars registered after the first of July and costing
    more than 60K will not qualify. I would love to know how you can be preapproved.

You only need the chassis number to apply for the grant. From the ID4 board it was confirmed that once approval is received before July 1st you are OK once the car is paid for within 4 months of the approval.

Pass123 wrote: »

You only need the chassis number to apply for the grant. From the ID4 board it was confirmed that once approval is received before July 1st you are OK once the car is paid for within 4 months of the approval.

..it may not even have to be approved before July 1st.

Yes, Audi Ireland confirmed with the SEAI that any grants applied for & approved in advance of the July 1st deadline could be applied to cars up to 4 months after the car coming into the country. I was told by many Audi garages that once they had the chassis number that's all that was needed. However, two other garages told me they didn't even need the chassis number. Couldn't tell you what is correct.

Yes, Audi Ireland confirmed with the SEAI that any grants applied for & approved in advance of the July 1st deadline could be applied to cars up to 4 months after the car coming into the country. I was told by many Audi garages that once they had the chassis number that's all that was needed. However, two other garages told me they didn't even need the chassis number. Couldn't tell you what is correct.

I’m getting the opposite story . I’m being told that if car doesn’t come in until august and costs over 60k , it doesn’t qualify for grant . Both Audi dealers came back to me with the same story .
    Might buy a sport 40 model that is coming in June and qualifies for grant. Getting good value on my trade in .

I’m getting the opposite story . I’m being told that if car doesn’t come in until august and costs over 60k , it doesn’t qualify for grant . Both Audi dealers came back to me with the same story .
    Might buy a sport 40 model that is coming in June and qualifies for grant. Getting good value on my trade in .

Interesting to hear there will be models available in June. I ordered (>60 K, sport model with extras) in early May for a July delivery (was told due to early order will qualify/be approved for the grant).

Ordered an advance 40 model (bunch of extras added in , not too sure about some of them, assistance pack, Audi connect nav, safety pack plus, storage pack, MMI Nav plus, ), silver, with leather interior.
    got a good cost of change with existing car and grant. Will be delivered next month and will register in July for 212 plate.
    Bit nervous about switching to an EV to be honest

Now i need to look into installing Zappi as have existing solar panels

• Advertisement

Ordered an advance 40 model (bunch of extras added in , not too sure about some of them, assistance pack, Audi connect nav, safety pack plus, storage pack, MMI Nav plus, ), silver, with leather interior.
    got a good cost of change with existing car and grant. Will be delivered next month and will register in July for 212 plate.
    Bit nervous about switching to an EV to be honest

Now i need to look into installing Zappi as have existing solar panels

dont be nervous, itll be grand 95% of the time its not even a consideration.

zappi arent the only show in town re solar, maybe best check the charge point installation thread.

Another conflicting report,can anyone give a definite answer on grant eligibility
    on car due after 1st July.

Speaking to car dealer today after I placed my order and he admitted everything after build week 30 is in serious doubt likely to be pushed out due to shortage of parts and that’s why he can’t standby SEAI grant for orders due in august.
    Basically he doesn’t know when he will have VIN numbers for those cars .
    Maybe someone else knows different

Speaking to car dealer today after I placed my order and he admitted everything after build week 30 is in serious doubt likely to be pushed out due to shortage of parts and that’s why he can’t standby SEAI grant for orders due in august.
    Basically he doesn’t know when he will have VIN numbers for those cars .
    Maybe someone else knows different

When was/is build week 30? I heard of issues around the Audi system not picking up paint codes, which is delaying the car picking up a build week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

You can apply for the grant pre July 1st without a chassis number but need a chassis number and reg number within 4 months of grant confirmation date to receive the grant funds from SEAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

RedorDead wrote: »

You can apply for the grant pre July 1st without a chassis number but need a chassis number and reg number within 4 months of grant confirmation date to receive the grant funds from SEAI.

Is this specifically written anywhere on their website?

Scoured the seai size and came up with the following
    1. Dealer make application to SEAI (no vin number , reg needed just MPRN of customer)
    2. SEAI makes offer to approve back to dealer
    3. Dealer accepts offer
    4. SEAI approves offer to dealer .
    Dealer has 4 months to enter reg, vin number etc. to get money back from SEAI.

“If accepted, the Letter of Offer will remain valid for four (4) months or 31st December as indicate on the Letter of Offer. Commencing on the day that the Letter of Offer was issued from SEAI to the Approved EV Dealer.”

And also

“Grant applications approved prior by 30th June 2021 can registere the vehicle after 1st July 2021 and within the timeframe of the grant offer and receive the original grant amounts. All appllications approved from the 1st July will be at the new amounts.”

Key is difference between how they treat
    1. Grants Approved before 1st july (this should be old grant regardless of EV cost)
    2. Grants approved after 1st July (does dealer have 4 months to claim on EV over €60k)

But i think number 1 above is clear (or maybe not)and once you place your order before 1st July and dealer can get offer and accept/approved offer with SEAI , then you are ok even if car is delivered and registered before 31st October
    Also noted mention of dealers limited to €300k max total grantors per calendar year
    As clear as mud !

I got a build week for my Q4, week 28.

Mine is on the boat (or in transit to the boat). Due in dealers on 16th June according to Audi tracker

• Advertisement

Scoured the seai size and came up with the following
    1. Dealer make application to SEAI (no vin number , reg needed just MPRN of customer)
    2. SEAI makes offer to approve back to dealer
    3. Dealer accepts offer
    4. SEAI approves offer to dealer .
    Dealer has 4 months to enter reg, vin number etc. to get money back from SEAI.

“If accepted, the Letter of Offer will remain valid for four (4) months or 31st December as indicate on the Letter of Offer. Commencing on the day that the Letter of Offer was issued from SEAI to the Approved EV Dealer.”

And also

“Grant applications approved prior by 30th June 2021 can registere the vehicle after 1st July 2021 and within the timeframe of the grant offer and receive the original grant amounts. All appllications approved from the 1st July will be at the new amounts.”

Key is difference between how they treat
    1. Grants Approved before 1st july (this should be old grant regardless of EV cost)
    2. Grants approved after 1st July (does dealer have 4 months to claim on EV over €60k)

But i think number 1 above is clear (or maybe not)and once you place your order before 1st July and dealer can get offer and accept/approved offer with SEAI , then you are ok even if car is delivered and registered before 31st October
    Also noted mention of dealers limited to €300k max total grantors per calendar year
    As clear as mud !

Thank you, very informative, number 2 point, grants approved after the 1st July
    should that read ev under 60K.

Advertisement