Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

The one downside of CarPlay / android is that you can’t have those maps appear in the virtual cockpit. I find it much easier in busy traffic to glance down to the virtual cockpit than over to the touchscreen.

This is a 2019 A6 im talking about but I assume it’s the same across all Audi models to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Wow, very nice.

I hadn't considered the styling package... am looking at the 40 sline and have already selected other extras but the budget won't stretch that far unfortunately.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Are there any in stock anywhere? If I rocked in to a dealer and specced and tried to buy one would I even get it in time for early 221 ?

Also for those that own or have test driven a 35 model, is there enough power? I have a 2.0 tdi 190bhp a6 at the moment which I believe is faster than the 35 q4 etron in its 0-60 time but day to day would the electric power make it just as quick in let's say the 30 to 70mph range? I'd want something in around the same kind of pace anyway. Obviously don't give a fiddlers about top speed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭whippet

I saw an e-tron GT RS in the flesh yesterday parked up outside the school when I was dropping the kids off .. ironically parked beside a 2017 rs7.

It really is a lovely looking car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭talulon

Apart from being the only one available I was also looking to stay below the 60k price tag to avail from the SEAI grant for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

pulled the trigger today - 35 s-line. Pebble grey, wireless charging and other bits and pieces. Just about in under the 60k, got a couple of k off good luck money too. OTR for about 52 after the grant.

Post edited by Captainsatnav on

• Registered Users Posts: 36 landlord2020

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Ive been offered the Audi service plan for €750 ( total for 4 years ) , with an additional €750 to cover a set of tyre change

Those 19" low rolling resistance tyres are probably expensive

What think ye ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

It says 4 years/40,000km. What if you cover 25,000km/yr?

Does it expire after 18 months? I'd check that - 40k km is very little for many drivers - we exceeded that in a year in a 28kWh Ioniq a few years ago.

€750 for tyres - what if all yours aren't worn out by then?

Seems poor value to me TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

they are big tyres though wondering what they would cost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

If you've the sizes/profiles, you could check on many online sites, openeo.ie, tyreleader.ie etc., but I reckon €200 per tyre would be a good estimate, at the top end (premium branded etc.).

So you'd not likely be saving much at €750 from Audi & be tied in to having your tyres replaced as/when Audi saw fit.

Just as an example, BMW almost pleaded with me to let them replace my 530e tyres during its first service at 33k km. The tyres are still on it now, at 45k km & are still fine/legal (I'll change them soon though).

What if you sell on the car? The next buyer won't pay you an extra €750 either, just because you've prepaid for tyres.

agreed I wouldn't pre-pay unless they were half price

been told that the SEAI website is down all week and no one can claim the €5K grant

American throwing a Q4 around Italy

Doubt you would get 500Km from the 77Kwh battery I only have one a few days so I dont know

Ev DB says

Q4 real world is 405

Model Y (LR) real world is 410

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I thought these cars were all lemons, painted with a dead chicken, and as well built as a lego car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

See a few etron used cars on DD , UK imports , what they call " Techniq" spec

All asking circa 65k for 2020 models with a few thousand km

Anyone know the price for one brand new?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

techniq is the base spec, if its a 50 i think they are around 75k otr pre grants (so 70?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

Kinda pisses me off that Audi has went the route of calling all of their EV's "Etron"

It reminds me of Samsung calling all of their Android phones "Galaxy", everyone just said they had a Samsung Galaxy without realising that there was about 40+ different Galaxy models. I've already heard of people talking about the Audi Etron they'd of seen and you'd ask what model it was and they just assume Etron was the model.

So what have we got so far ?

e-tron and e-tron Sportback

e-tron GT

Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron

Coming soon ... A6 e-tron ...

Some of their phev cars use etron designation too like the a3 and a6 currently for sale.....or at least some people selling them do.

Also see the phev called tfsi e which is probably more accurate.

If they had given first etron suv another name it would probably be clearer. But bmw have done something similar haven't they called a car just "ix" where there's also ix3 and ix4 available too?

Maybe it's just to differentiate the original of the species?

Either way, no big deal we will get used to it.

Not cheap second hand so , audi limerick told me the techniq was 80 k new

• Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

may have been quoting the net price of a 55? rather than a 50

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Is there any wiggle room on price with Audi? Looking at an Advance 40 and trying to keep it below 60K for the grant, but finding it difficult when you add on heat pump and a few other bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Midlakelands

Well I am waiting for a dealer Speccd advance 40 that has the comfort pack, basic parking pack,metallic paint (Geyser blue) and for some strange reason the wireless phone kit that is no longer available due to the chip shortage apparently. This came in just under the 60k limit and while it does not have any of the newer driver aids it'll match up with my 10 year old automatic a6 avant in terms of driving experience .

Did not get any price discount but got what I think is a good trade in for my car. Mine is currently waiting at a Dock somewhere in Germany,seems to take 2 weeks or so before being shipped.

At least its built! I see on other forums that the chips shortage can cause big delays

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Sounds promising! Hopefully you get it soon.

I'm going to go and see if I can do a test drive this weekend and get something priced up. It's between this or an Ioniq 5. It's a shame that there's not more features as standard on the Audi. I think in a few years a heat pump will be standard.

What are dealers offering for 10 year old A6 these days? I've a 2014 with 110k kms that's always kind of half for sale if I can find value in something I like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Midlakelands

Also test drove the ioniq and I thought it was a fantastic car. However trade in I was offered against the car was woeful when compared with audi. For me anything above 10k for my car is, I would consider, good value

(Edit) forgot to say I've 250k kms on the clock!!

Advertisement