Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

krissovo wrote: »
    no way if I was a ICE GLC owner would pay the premium for the EV version.

And this is a big problem. We need to put a massive hike on the VRT and NOx charge on new diesel vehicles. Our EV subsidies are already more than generous.

I knew more than a few people who would have no problem spending 70, 80, 90k on a new premium car but can't see a reason to spend 20k more on an EV than a similar diesel. What doesn't help either is that companies can claim back VAT on diesel and not on other fuel for cars :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

In fairness companies can expense the entire cost of the electricity used to charge a company vehicle and the employee pays no tax on that benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Q4 e-tron. They call it a concept for the upcoming car, but it looks like it's ready to be the final model, unlike many concepts. Based on the VW MEB platform.

https://www.audi.com/en/experience-audi/models-and-technology/concept-cars/q4-e-tron-concept.html

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/audi-q4-e-tron-sportback-leaks-online-ahead-unveiling-today

• Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Well it’s here !

Been a long time waiting with the lockdown etc

Typhoon grey sport black packed with privacy glass

Z8M2BLp.jpg

Fbd0Eoz.jpg

iGCMCgI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,318 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's class, love the colour. Well wear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

nice looking machine. Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭MarkN

Gorgeous!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looks well Niall. It’s a big beast :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Super looking, get it ceramic coated!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Gumbo wrote: »
    Looks well Niall. It’s a big beast :)

It really is generally images don’t do it justice size size until you see it next to something for reference! Lot bigger than the glc it replaced which was a requirement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Black Pack is worth getting. Good luck with it.

Nice looking Motor, well wear !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

Looks fantastic, good luck. Very interested to hear how it goes on a long run and at motorway speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's a lovely looking car. Audi do make really good looking SUVs.

Thanks all, have had an enjoyable weekend getting to know it.

Initial impressions:

Its quick, i know the 50 isnt quick when compared to most teslas and the 55 / eqc / ipace but in isolation its a fast car, 2.5 tonnes moving like it does feels very strange, closest thing i can compare it to was when my friends dad had a Mercedes ML63 back in the day, its unnerving accelerating like that in a big suv. The torque obviously has a part to play here aswell.

Its big, in a good way, boot is usefully bigger than the glc (which was decent) with lots of storage underneath as well for emergency bits and bobs that you dont want rattling around the boot. Rear room is good and can get two car seats and a booster in easily, or two car seats and a smaller adult!

In usual audi fashion interior finishing is very nice, the sport gets that nice soft valcona leather (compared to fancy vinyl in the GLC and i assume the EQC as well unless you pay for proper leaher) and everything is finished very well (i dont have a huge amount of options ticked but the standard sport spec if pretty good as is)

The touch screens work well and wireless apple car play is brilliant, i have some screen protectors on the screens already because i am a weirdo, also swapped the carpet mats out for the fitted rubber ones (and rigid boot mat), they are much nicer and have the etron logo on them etc.

Consumption so far on the few spins i have done is around 22 KWH / 100km on the two longer ( 25 km each way) trips that i have done that was a mix of urban driving and a short motorway blast. but its early days in that regard.

EO charger from EI is working well, set to charge from midnight to 9am, and it does as its told so thats all good!

One niggle i have had is the audi app isnt the best so far, remote locking and unlocked doesnt appear to work, id have assumed it should so will follow up on that.

Last thing is audi have their own ionity deal, 17.95 per month and then 31c per KW, but year one is free from a monthly charge perspective for etron owners which is nice. It wont make sense after the deal expires i shouldnt think but nice to have for year one.

Thats it so far, i was toying with a few ideas for the car but having received it im not sure ill bother:

a) there is a cost option to colour code the wheel arches and skirts which i didnt get to tick as it was a pre build. but i think it works with the wheels and black pack (and the grey that the rest of the car is in, it jars with some of the other colours imo)

here is a none black packed one with the colour coding (and the wheels i mention below)

837_1954444222.jpg

b) i was thinking of maybe getting some 21" GMP gunner alloys, as seen here, may or may not, for now ill see how i go on the std 20s as ill lose a little range and the 20s are relatively comfortable and still look good imo

img_4492-res1.jpg

thats it, will continue to update, any qns let me know!!

Gorgeous car, huge WOW factor and road presence, saw one parked up yesterday, gorgeous.
    Cyrus wrote: »

a)............

b) ...........

I'd leave as is, but both options might give some new car feel in 12/18 months time for you :)

Augeo wrote: »
    Gorgeous car, huge WOW factor and road presence, saw one parked up yesterday, gorgeous.

I'd leave as is, but both options might give some new car feel in 12/18 months time for you :)

thanks !

yeah i tend to agree on the mods :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keggers74

Hi Cyrus, great post and the car sounds great.

You mention putting two car seats/boosters in the back and having room for a third. You don’t have any photos do you, also do you know can the seat belt plugs still be reached?

Also, does it come with lane assist / self steering at all?

Thanks
    Greg

Keggers74 wrote: »
    Hi Cyrus, great post and the car sounds great.

You mention putting two car seats/boosters in the back and having room for a third. You don’t have any photos do you, also do you know can the seat belt plugs still be reached?

Also, does it come with lane assist / self steering at all?

Thanks
    Greg

Yes lane assist is there it corrects quite a lot !

We just had our first go at three seats today and didn’t work that well , they fit but accessing the buckles was an issue however I think it’s because we have the baby seat behind the driver and my 5 year olds seat behind the passenger I’m going to swap them at the weekend as I think that will work better (based on where the buckles are etc )

I’ll let you know !

My seats are britax ones so deffo not the sveltest

Thanks Cyrus. Will be interested in how you get on.

In case its of any use, I bought one of the skinny Volvo booster seats shown at the bottom of this link for our 8 year old (we’ve a 3 year old in a full seat, 8 year old in the high back booster and an 11 year old with no seat). It’s well built but being so skinny it really helps with the shoulder space in our 3 series at the moment.

https://www.volvocars.com/za/buy/purchase/child-seats/the-child-seats

Greg

• Advertisement

Sorry what I was referring to was a 3rd booster in between the existing full seat and high back booster

And it fits it’s just needs some better configuration!

Someone could sit alright (not an adult) between two car seats and plug in but for it to be properly comfortable you’d need skinnier car seats than mine (we only have the two so it’s more of an odd time thing )

Sorry what I was referring to was a 3rd booster in between the existing full seat and high back booster

And it fits it’s just needs some better configuration!

Someone could sit alright (not an adult) between two car seats and plug in but for it to be properly comfortable you’d need skinnier car seats than mine (we only have the two so it’s more of an odd time thing )

Yeah that’s what I had thought you had meant. We only need the two seats/booster with an eleven year old squeezed between anyway, so sounds like it could work. Best of luck with the car.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Consumption so far on the few spins i have done is around 22 KWH / 100km on the two longer ( 25 km each way) trips that i have done that was a mix of urban driving and a short motorway blast. but its early days in that regard.

Thats working out about 220 Wh/km, which is fairly decent for such a big heavy car, and that will no doubt reduce over the next few weeks if the inclination to floor it wears off.....

I have a similar 50km drive (mix of country/motorway/urban), and initially I was running about 140Wh/km average, and I've gotten it down to about 113Wh/km by driving ultra conservatively (105-110km/h on the motorway sections (traffic also helps slow you down)). This means I can exceed my WLTP of 409km up to about 440km.

It's useful for planning long trips, and seeing how much you can squeeze out of the battery by being careful..

220 wh/km is pretty good for its class.
    For comparison, my lifetime (mostly motorway) average in my S over 23k km is 232 wh/km.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

ELM327 wrote: »
    For comparison, my lifetime (mostly motorway) average in my S over 23k km is 232 wh/km.

Do you ever take your right foot off the floor though?
    It's not a binary switch, the accelerator pedal.

You can modulate it & some say those clever Teslas even recuperate energy.

:p

Well wear to the op. I was in an E-Tron 50 last week & it felt good, being in a German exec. EV :).

Kramer wrote: »
    Do you ever take your right foot off the floor though?
    It's not a binary switch, the accelerator pedal.

You can modulate it & some say those clever Teslas even recuperate energy.

:p

Well wear to the op. I was in an E-Tron 50 last week & it felt good, being in a German exec. EV :).

You can, but I dont want to change my driving habits to suit the car.
    On the motorway it tends towards 250wh/km.
    On the 80km/h roads I get 180wh/km or below, so the average 232 is realistic.
    I'm sure others get better wh/km but I rarely use the full charge in one day and the fuel is cheap or free so I don't care!

Looking at and sitting in an Etron, it's a much nicer place to be than a Tesla, even an X (my current "dream" next tesla is a performance X in midnight silver with 22 onyx wheels). The germans may not have the best efficiency but they sure do "premium" very well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭VANG1

I regularly drive from Dublin to Cork and back in a day and need to drive at the full speed limit ie 120. How would this workout in an E tron.

VANG1 wrote: »
    I regularly drive from Dublin to Cork and back in a day and need to drive at the full speed limit ie 120. How would this workout in an E tron.

fine if you stop to charge :D

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭markpb

Thats working out about 220 Wh/km, which is fairly decent for such a big heavy car, and that will no doubt reduce over the next few weeks if the inclination to floor it wears off.....

Does that actually happen? :o

• Advertisement

VANG1 wrote: »
    You'd have to stop at Ionity Cashel.
    To do the trip there and back without stopping is around 550km and I don't think any current EV can do that without at least a 5-10min topup.

Most would have to charge twice.

Advertisement