Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭joe1303l

39.7kW is still a long way off 50kW. If the battery was more than 80% full, the speed would drop off in a pretty linear fashion. At 35% Battery though, I’d expect it should do better. Question for your dealer but they probably won’t have a clue and will fob you off by saying they are all like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,023 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I'd be pretty sure the issue is with the dealers 50kw dc charger not the car, one thing the Etron is very good at is fast consistent dc charging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Was down to the last 30km of range before plugging it in at work this morning, The charges in work are a 10KW one with two cars charging they go down to 5KW.

Anyway connected the car at 0630 and checked on it around 10 to see if its charging, The display had 8% which I thought was rather low for the amount of time it was plugged in.

Anyway I checked back on it at 1200 and it was still showing 8%, This is only my third time to charge the car and the only place I've charged is at work as I'm waiting to get the home charger installed.

Any ideas in what I could be doing wrong?

Something up with the charger or do you have a timer set?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

it should tell you on the dash what the ETA is and target charge %. Id would be looking on charge port at the light to see is it charging first off (flashing green)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Any reason why no prices are shown in the myAudi app? Is it on account of you knowing what Audi charging price plan you are on? I would have thought that the price would be displayed regardless since it says “Connections and prices”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Redfox25

It's free.......

So managed to charge the car at an Easygo charge point today, So more than likley the cable is faulty one of the lads in work charged his car in work with no issues.

So I got a lend of my neighbours ID3 cable so going try that in the morning.

If you used CCS at EasyGo, it doesn’t really tell you anything as it is DC power. If it’s not charging on Type 2 (AC), it’s more likely a problem with the onboard charger than a cable.

Ah right never knew that I will check it out tomorrow when I'm back in work, And here was me thinking great only the cable needs to be changed.

• Advertisement

Hope I’m wrong and is just your cable as the onboard charger won’t be cheap if it needs replacing but to be fair OEM cable’s don’t give trouble unless physically damaged.

Just as well the car under warranty if it was the onboard charger what time frame would I be looking at to have it ordered in and fitted.

I’d expect it could take a week or two to sort. Insist on a decent loaner while you’re waiting to get it fixed.

Right so got a lend of my neighbours cable and checked out both charging ports this morning in work and both worked no error messages.

Anyway I plugged into the charger and it seemed to charge, So went to check on it about 2 hours later and it had only gone up a few % I've been informed the charger is a 22KW.(Again I haven't a clue regarding what the means for charging)

Then an error message appeared on the dash, I also noticed the light at the charging port sometimes doesn't flash green while it's on a charge. And was asked by one of the lads today who has more experience with EV than myself why does the E tron have 2 charger ports.

Car should charge at 11kw on that charger then, unfortunately it appears that you have an issue with the on board charger.

There are two ports to give flexibility I guess, ccs is only on one side

No matter what type 2 wallbox you use an e-Tron is limited to 11kW max by it’s onboard charger. It has 2 ports for convenience or possibly a case of german over engineering. I’d suggest you get the car booked into an Audi Dealer asap to have the onboard charger checked. At least you can charge with CCS in the meantime.

The car was bought from a non Audi dealership, So don't know what to expect as last two Cars were bought directly from Audi dealership.

You know the way people ssy it can charge from 10% to 80% within 30 mins would that be using the CCS charger? I havent a clue about EV and how long they take to charge.

According to the Easygo app I started the charging at 1212 and finished at 1347, I was just glade that the car charged that I could get into work.

It’s unlikely the garage you bought it from will have the ability to diagnose the problem and will end up sending to Audi anyway. Is it still not covered by its original Audi warranty ? I think it’s 3 years from new for cars originally supplied in Ireland.

Yep still under warranty the lad i got the car off said he arrange to have it booked in to.the garage, And get me a loan car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Yep that's on DC with CCS that can charge rapidly.

Anything at home is going to be about 5 or 6 hours 10% to 80%. That's AC charging

• Advertisement

That would be on a ccs Ionity or equivalent, needs to be a high speed charger

So have the car going into AUDI to get it checked out, Mad thing is I was in the dealership today and the car charged on both ports no problem.

I had it charging for about 10 mins to see if any error codes would come up nothing happened, So I'm going to try the charger in work next week.

If AUDI scan the car, they should be able to find the logged error codes from a few days ago when you failed to charge.

Does this mean a 100% range of 488km based on 210km at 57%?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Approximately 368 if you continue with a similar recent driving style and conditions.

Yes, after realising I was way off! I would have thought 368km at 100% was poor for a 55 version with a build date of March 2022? Given that it is “Summer” also?

well to be fair its just a guess based on your most recent driving, if you are on a longer trip id expect around 400 but not much more to be honest.

this site is normally fairly spot on

It is poor considering the battery size but unfortunately the e-Tron is notoriously inefficient. Nice place to be but not the best of an EV. GOM range is obviously an estimate based on previous usage. EV database gives a good indication of typical range in various conditions.

• Advertisement

Mine is normal then based on that site.

Advertisement